Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

THE NEW 1969 CAMARO!!!!!

Old 11-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default THE NEW 1969 CAMARO!!!!!

OK So what do all of you think of the new camaro???
It is avalibake for sale right now as we speak. it is in the new hot rod rag. And some of the other ones were reffernced when i wen ton line to see if it was a bad hoax.

for a mear 10,500.00 you can have the complete shell of a 1969 camaro convertabel minus the doors,hood,fenders,and the trunk lid, also the rest of the car, This is just the body and floor pans for this price, It is a offical lic. Product of G.M. and it is made off the org. stampings for the 69 camaros. They have now made it possibale for you to litterly build a whole car from the mail order system. Thought i would ask what you think of the idea and the new camaro?

oh the coupes for the 67-69 are expected to follow along with rumors of other cars like the novas and the rustang fast backs.

My opion of it is GREAT!!! Took them long enough. Wish i could have had this option when i rolled mine i had the coupe but i would havve setteld for a rag top out of my 68 rs/ss
Now i can make another one. think i will be looking at my next new car LOL
the new body is stronger and lighter then the org. and also works with all of the after market parts out there to include the fire chicken parts if you really want to make it snazzy/.

So let me know what ya think i would liek to hear others opions on this/

Old 11-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Default RE: THE NEW 1969 CAMARO!!!!!

They actually had some of these repro body kits at SEMA that were very nice. By the time you put one together your looking @ 30K+. Is it worth 30K?

Would you pay 30K for a re-pro Camaro?

Old 11-21-2005, 04:33 PM

evidently this company has lots of cars in mind...not just camaros...

Old 11-22-2005, 05:23 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

actually yes i would pay that, think of it this way you chose every part on it. motor tranny etc.. now think of what you pay for a monte carlo SS right now you would not be out that much diffrent and you would have one done to your spec's. and would still have a new car out of the deal . Not to mention the fact that you could drive it daily and not have to fear you getting hit in it as much as if it was a org. car that would now be a total and have to be rebuilt if it could be,

I think it is a great idea but i know why part of it is this way with me. I have restored several or helped restore several trucks and cars. to see them done is verry satisfying and to know you built the altamt model is well worth it in the end. this one dont just sit on a shelf LOL

beside with the after market parts out there you could do so much with it to make the parts cheaper or more race frendly or even street frendly more so. you could flip the front end with it and not have to tear up a all steel org. car. I have seen this done and it is not pretty in most cases on how they go about it. It is any more easier to use a fibreglass front end and flip it.

Not to mention if you did this you would be the only one who knew it was not a org. unless you told some one. Also it is not like the Bucket T that is a belly button type car and there are still thousadns sold every year of them. and the 32 coupes.

The other one i wish they would come out with is the 56 chevy 2dr post and hard top cars again.

I think my biggest issue would be figureing out how i wanted it to preform and building it to that spec and not changin my mind all the time threw it.

after all it is a kit car you can do anythign to it with out guilt.
So you dont have the die hard restoer comming up to you asking how you could buthcer up a all steel org. car to make it a street rod or a drag car.
I know thye also have them out in fiberglass but not sure how good they are for the strret they are mostly on the race side of things.

I just think it would be a nice thing to have i miss the 68rs/ss i had and wished i would have been abel to rebuild it but at that time there were no options for parts to fix it. when i rolled it i caved the top in to the top of the door and they had to cut it off to get me out. so i had a convertabel weather i wanted it or not. this one is a legit rag top .

and yes they have plans for other cars to be comming out shortly also. but they are trying to get all of the G.M. ducks in a row and also the form and presses set up right etc...

Old 11-22-2005, 11:09 PM

What do they do for a VIN#? Do they issue one and treat it like a kit car?

Old 11-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

there are a few ways t get a vin #
1. if rebuilding a old car you can have the vin number from it transferd to the new body so in theroy you would have a true 69 camaro even if it was one of the kit cars were talking of.

3. some state will use the sereial numbers from the body of the kit as the vin numbers and allow you to get it registerd that way.

4. you can register it as a kit or have one issued for it. If this is the case it would have a vin code from the year of 2003 or when ever you get it and would have to prove it was built by you threw documents etc... This is from what i understand one of the hardest ways to have3 it done but also can be seemles if you know the laws and follow them from the git go.

honestly im not looking at this as a show winner i would use it as the daily driver. But i want the coupe version that would be comming out in the spring or next summer. So it would not make a hugfe diffrence weather or not it was a "true" 69 camaro or a kit car in the eyes of the titel.

I look at it this way i have owned a 68 and know all of the corcks it had with things that were rusted or tore up before i owned it. this would eliminate most of that if not all of it and allow me to just enjoy what i have. I tried to restore the car and had it about 70% done when i rolled it.
And it was going to a modifyed state becuse of the repairs i had to do and the fact i had to replace the missing motor in the beginning so it could never be a numbers matching car.

But you have options on this one for the fire wall you want ac in it just order it. you dont then order it deleted. etc.... So in that sens it would be a nice thing you can add power windows and lock or none at all. there are litterly tons of options you could put in to this thing and know it is just how you would have built one back when they were a new car.

in reality 30,k is not that much for a car that is new and done to your order the biggest diffrence would be you have to do the work in your shop instead of a turn key. but i hear they are talking about that also. havent heard what the pricing will be for them yet. but i am sure they are not going to be cheap that way.

Old 11-28-2005, 05:49 PM

while i think that it is cool, i would not think that it was cool if i had a real 69...

Old 11-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

i would love it if i still had mine i would make the value even more for the all org. car. even with it being a repop of the whole car the vin tag will still tell the truth of the history on the car.

Think of it this way for years they have had the 32 coupes and the T-buckets like this and look what it has doen to the price of one that is all org. they have trippeld again.
Sit back and watch my freind this will not hurt the org. cars at all. But i do see a new camaro clu comming out as the kits are put togeather you will see them fall mor ein line with the kit car type cars that are out already. At least i would think so.
But only tiem will tell.

The only way to get it to be a true org. is to use the car you have now as a donnar car and change the vin tag but it is illegal to do that and they are stamped with the man. nubers in 4 places so you would have to cut them out and weld in a patch to get rid of that. It would not be worth it.