PRIVATE Wanted Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

WTB: 1970 el camino ss or 1969 camaro ss

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Default WTB: 1970 el camino ss or 1969 camaro ss

hey guys....once my car is painted and finished with everything the refurbished rims all that i will be selling the monte carlo im 99% sure i will but we will see...i am looking to get a 70 el camino ss or a 72 or possibly a 69 camaro ss but the issues i have are price is 1 and 2 gas economy...i can probably fix 2 by buying a really cheap honda del sol that is great on gas off of my mom if they are willing to sell it..i love the monte carlo and might end up just keeping it because of the prices of the camino and the camaros we will see though when i went to lead east just about every car is for sale i saw alot of caminos for sale around 10-20k and camaros for sale too but i can only afford 15k and lower....someone offered me 8k on the monte but that would only be a 3k gain...really 2.2k if you include the upgrades i put in front suspension....i love the monte carlo ss i really do but i love the el camino just as much ...if i can find a camino for 12k and if i sell the monte for 10k which is what our goal is i will take it i just hope i dont regret it..anyways if anyone knows anybody or if its you yourself that is selling a classic american muscle let me know even if its not a 70 camino or a 72 or a camaro...i am interested in Gto's also....but will not be buying until around this time next year most likely...have a great day everyone...Chevrolet forever!
Thanks,
Jim

Old 09-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

are you willing to look into elky's outta the 80's? what about something like a 68-9 malibu? i know where there is a '69 camaro right near you, but its not finished.... more like a shell, lol.... but i can keep my eyes peeled

Old 09-07-2009, 10:28 AM

what do you mean are you willing to look into elkys out of the 80s? i dont get that statement lol and im pretty fixed on the camino not too interested in the camaro right now...now i just need to find a 70 or 72 camino and i dont know which i prefer because they are both awesome

Old 09-07-2009, 11:42 AM

i call el comino's "elky's" for short, lol. i was asking about the elky's from the late 70's thru the 80's, there are some damn cool ones around for way cheep.... they have malibu front clips for the late 70's ones, and the ones from the 80's look like a caprece... or the choo - choo custom el-cominos have the same front clip as your monte

to give you an idea of what im talkin about, i took these pics about a month ago, take a look:

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=15468

Old 09-07-2009, 12:51 PM

nvm im tottally hooked on the buick grand national omg its insane....its so awesome omg im shaking i drove it today it was my dads best friends car it is totally awesome i want it so bad

Old 09-07-2009, 06:17 PM

If you like the Buick GN, you will LOVE the GNX...

Buick introduced the GNX at $29,000. Produced by McLaren/ASC, Buick underrated the GNX at 276 hp (206 kW) and a very substantial 360 lb·ft (488 N·m) of torque. This was created so as to be "Grand National to end all Grand Nationals," as the next model year converted the chassis to front-wheel drive, which Buick engineers admitted would not be able to put down that much power. Changes made included a special Garrett turbocharger with a ceramic-impeller blowing through a more efficient intercooler and a "CERMATEL (Ceramic/Aluminum) coated" pipe connecting the intercooler to the engine. A GNX specific EEPROM, low-restriction exhaust with dual mufflers, reprogrammed Turbo Hydramatic 200-4R transmission with a custom torque converter and transmission cooler, and unique differential cover/panhard bar included more of the performance modifications. Exterior styling changes include vents located on each front fender, 16 inch black mesh style wheels with VR-speed rated tires, and deletion of the hood and fender emblems.

this is by far the most sought after GN ever... i loved this car since the day they started rolling out of the factory!

Old 09-07-2009, 06:46 PM

i know alot about the gnx but that cost..60k+ if its in good condition so yea..and a gn would be sweeeet but to insure them is alot and i found a 70 el camino ss clone for 10k all perfect only problem is..its manual... manual transmissions are a hassle also considering im 16 and learning on a automatic so yea...i mean i can be taught easily by my uncle he taught everyone in my family but i want automatic not manual even though its kickass

Old 09-07-2009, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo
only problem is..its manual...

I don't see that as a problem... you do have to use both hands, and feet while you drive

Old 09-07-2009, 06:53 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick...=p4506.c0.m245

most of the performance of the GN, but without the price-tag, and insurance premium...

Old 09-07-2009, 07:14 PM

i dont think anyone cant like a GN or a GNX, lol. i wish i had one, lol. have you ever thought about looking into something like a '70 buick GS or an oldsmobile? you can get an awsome car for way cheep....

as for having a stick, thats no big deal once you get the hang of it its like riding a bike the biggest pita is getting moving when you are on a hill, or in the el cominos case getting up the hill without burinig the tires down to the cords, lol.

Quick Reply: WTB: 1970 el camino ss or 1969 camaro ss