Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Need your monte prayers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 11:49 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Need your monte prayers.

.....and btw, i'd like to see somebody just put 1 baby seat in the back of a monte and actually not kill themselves taking hte child in and out.

Right here.

Slid that pass front seat forward, grabbed the kid and yanked her out of the back. Zip, Zap, noharm, no foul.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:35 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i certainly wish i could have seen it RJ....

Old 10-03-2007, 07:10 PM

Well. good news.. I found this: http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...=1191456643752

Its about 2" shorter on the sides, and for 2 carseats. All 3 fit pretty reasonably. The more inportant reason is that I owe 26k on the monte. If I traded it in for a 15k van or something. I wouldnt get anything decent for it. Around $750 a month.

$750 a month would put more damage to my family financially then what a minor inconvience..

So Crystal is staying!!

Old 10-03-2007, 07:25 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

YIPPII KI YAY!!!

Old 10-03-2007, 11:54 PM

Very good to hear there Ian!

Yeah, I dunno what Cowboy is smokin, but the back seat of the Monte is HUGE.... in fact, I would bet I could get 3 kids and their car seats in my car, in less than 15 minutes.... I mean my friend has a newborn and they have one of those HUGE car seats... the kid was clipped down after a whopping 4 minutes... and that was WITH taking it out of their focus.

Just because a car is a 2 door doesn't mean it's not a family car..... it simply means thewoman (most likely now, don't wanna seem sexist)wanted a 4 door... I'll be honest, a 4 door car would be easier, and would last longer as the kids get older.... But if you seriously want a two door... and are willing to fight for it.... there is NO reason you can't have a coupe and kids at the same time.

Look at the gas money you'd save... the 3.5chevy'scan get a good 25-27 mpg average... a SUV? even the expensive and gutless "fuel-miser" SUV's are still not getting better than 21 highway!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I ever get married and want to start a family... the prenups are going to include a statement that I get to own a coupe if I want such. I wouldn't let my wife drive a SUV unless she gets her CDL. I'm sorry, maybe I'm a sexist a-hole,, but I know of ppl killed (on bikes) by women in the SUV talking on a cellphone, wipin spit from the kids mouth and putting on makeup... I've NEVER... NOT ONCE... seen a woman drive a big vehicle responsibly... they're always ignoring traffic.... ignoring the road...... because they've got the bigger vehicle... I myself have been nearly creamed by several female-driven SUVs.... My car would not be on the road rite now if it wasn't for defensive driving! Actually... both my previous 03 LS AND my new 06 3LT have nearly been creamed by women in SUV's.

Ok.. I'll stop ranting...... I don't wanna cause any flame-wars, and I know I'm going to offend someone.... So for that I apologize, but I promise my opinion comes only from experience, not sex-ism, or anything else.

But seriously... a coupe may be 'inconvenient' for adults getting in or out of the back... but my Monte Carlo has more back seat room, than the 4 door Saturn I was forced to drive while the Monte was getting the paint fixed. I'm being dead honest... I wish I had pictures. That Saturn had 4 inches between the edge of the rear seat and the back of the front seats... heck the Monte has 7 with the seat all the way back! (if I remember correctly)

If I'm hauling around a buddy and they bitch about getting in the back... they can zipit... or exit...

Old 10-04-2007, 05:53 AM

- Thank You Monte Carlo Spirit -
Ian has found a solution to his problem.
We all shall celebrate, and go for a drive in your honor.
`amen

Old 10-04-2007, 05:56 AM

lol space.

Flyin,

I think they do it because of the inconvienence. Ill admit, getting a car seat out of the monte isnt as easy as a four door or a van or an suv, but I reasoned with the other feature we all find important. Money. It talks, and it chenges everything.

After we did it and went out to the old canadian tire, we realised that it isnt so bad and it will have to do. my oldest can load themselves into thier carseats anyhow at this age.

And I have to agree with ya, that was the primary reason for selling my Chevy malibu I had was just because the rear seat was a lot wider. I imagine its a little short of an impalas, but its still huge.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:08 AM

ORIGINAL: vita

hmmm.... easy problem to fix.

have HER get a truck! you keep your monte!
I agree ....
T

Old 10-04-2007, 11:17 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Flyn (Mike),
To sound a bit sexist it kills me when I pass a women (okay men do it too) in a huge SUV and they're the only occupant. Tell me this is fuel efficient?

Old 10-04-2007, 11:32 AM

What kills me is neither a male or femal problem. It worried me when Im sitting at a stop light and a huge excursion pulls up behind me and all I can see out my back window is knuckles over the steering wheel and a whisp of hair. It means they cant see me, leave alone anything else in front of them.

Quick Reply: Need your monte prayers.