Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Need to Vent?, Rant?, Blow off some steem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:50 PM

my knight emblum is faded so much people ask why there jus a red sign on my car

Old 10-13-2009, 07:51 PM

why in every truck commersical they always compair different size trucks

Old 10-13-2009, 08:13 PM

-Budsjlm

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Being unemployed is far from fun. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

As for gripes, I could easily go on about the job and bills - my company just "trimmed" some people from the payroll and cut our benefits. To be honest, I'm just glad I have a paycheck right now.

The mayor of my city, whom I have affectionately named Prince John, says we need more money for the budget. So on top of being nickel and dimed by the power, who is making up for lost revenue due to the decreased use from the last time they jacked out rates up, we have increased property taxes and b.s. fees to pay for... like a storm water fee. Meanwhile, my back yard turns into Lake Kokopelli during a heavy rain, but the city won't use to trim the vegetation on their side of the fence, allowing me to properly drain my yard.

Mind you, tax payors are bilked yearly for stadium upgrades for an NFL team that tends to lose more games than it wins, and a non-existenth court house where money has disappeared faster than it does in DC.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:58 AM

I'm pissed off at a garage that claims to have yanked on my control arms, seen the ripped bushing, and then tells me it's safe to drive. MY *** it's safe to drive. once the rubber has ripped, that's it, and it's going to rip even further. Once that cradle is cracked, that's a much more expensive repair. I'd rather just replace a bushing, than have to replace THE WHOLE FREAKIN FRAME. This, coming from the same shop who, once they worked on my transmission didn't notice my driver's side axle slopping around in there. How the HELL does this slide past you???

I am surprised, by now, that I haven't been seriously injured or yet KILLED by this car, as it tried to do last friday night on my way home from work the axle SLIPPED out of the transmission. I had to call triple A to tow me! This car is a never ending story. and I am probably at this point just looking at throwing 400 every paycheck into it before the engine blows and i probably still won't be done replacing the abused parts.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by East
you know what REALLY pisses me off, people that take the knight emblem off of the front of their 6th gens and replace them with CHEVROLET EMBLEMS WHAT IS THAT.
I really have to agree with you there. The Monte Carlo emblem/knight badge makes it special, one of a kind, no other Chevy can carry that badge, I wear mine with pride.

On another note, there really isn't anything bugging me or going wrong with my life at the moment. I remember in April 2008 I lost my job, was unemployed for 3 weeks, then I found a part time job, paid crap, but I still lived with my parents at the time and didn't have much for bills. It took me awhile to rebuild, but here I am in late 2009 making 3 times what I did in mid 2008, and in a few more months when I join the military I'll be making 50% more than I'm making now.

I'm not trying to brag, just stating that when things get tough, when things go bad, there's a limit to how bad they can get before they progressively start getting better. Similar to Brittany's thread about her bf leaving for a few months, the short term pain will be worth the long term gain. If you can stick it out, keep holding on for a little longer things will get better, you just need some hope and dedication.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Pretty much I hate my f'ing chemistry teacher! she's so not even right! gotten all effin A's all my life so apparently i'm not a dumb student and i know a ton of people in my college chem class aint stupid either and yet when we ask question she makes us feel stupid and like ****! it's like wtf am i suppose to do? i'm practically failing the class and there's nothing i can do about it! i've tried everything i can and it still isn't working! i just get really pissed off and get into the frenzy that i'm in right now and cant control myself bcuz i get so damn moody! i just wanna freakin scream my head off outta frustration and aggrevation....

Old 10-26-2009, 11:09 PM

My chem class was my worst in college as well. I got a d in the class and was barely able to graduate because of it. Keep trying and plugging away. It will get better.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by Teacher
My chem class was my worst in college as well. I got a d in the class and was barely able to graduate because of it. Keep trying and plugging away. It will get better.
i know that's what i'm scared of. if i dont get my grade up in this class i wont be able to complete my major or i'm gonna have to pay to redo the class myself. my mom already got on me earlier today about how much money they're spending on me to go to college =[

Old 10-27-2009, 08:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ditto to chemistry! I had 2 scholarships to WMU. A FREE ride! CHEMISTRY! Like you, I CRUIZED thru high school. Never studied, and still pulled almost all A's. CHEMISTRY! Now I took chemistry, physics, calc' ALL that stuff in H.S., but I just couldn't get the college chemistry thing. Had an experiment BLOW UP and sent glass EVERYWHERE in the whole lab. Took me half an hour just to lean up, and I then I got to start over. Chemistry is why I quit college after one semester. It screwed up my GPA, and affected my $$$. But then I was in paper science, which is ALL chemistry, physics, math, etc. Just wasn't for me.
Looking beck, ESPECIALLY right now, I kick my self for quitting, not sticking with it. EVERY good job requires a bachelors or a masters degree. Doesn't matter in what. It shows that you can persevere thru it, stick with it, and that you are NOT a quitter! Quitting college was probably one of THE biggest mistakes I made in my life (and I've made a LOT!).
PLEASE Brittany, stick with it. DO NOT give up! And PLEASE, don't let your temper get the best of you. That ONLY makes the problem worse, and the problem doesn't go away. Plug thru it girl! You CAN do it! Might take 2 tries, but you CAN do it. Show your determination to get thru it, and everything WILL come out OK. Maybe not perfect (nothing EVER is perfect), but you'll overcome the issues, and in the end, CHEMISTRY is HISTORY! Get'r dunn! You CAN do it. WE have faith in you. Your parents have faith in you. You have faith, also. We're PROUD of you for getting as far as you are!

Old 10-27-2009, 08:18 AM

Brittney, I can't say it any better then Wayne did. But I'll throw in my .02 as well. In college the only course I had problems in was Chemistry. For whatever reason the professor thought that everyone in the class was going to be a chemist, besides that many things I just didn't get. In an informal poll towards the end of the class, before the Professor got there 1 person thought they were getting an A, 3 a B, a small handful a C or D the rest, myself included, figured we'd be seeing the same faces the next semester. I muddled through and got a generous C as you and others have stated As and Bs were the norm for me the C bothered me, not as nuch as an withdrawl or F would have but...

Keep your head up and keep plugging away, you've gotten this far on your smarts they will carry you through, Ask around in the class maybe someone there "gets it" and can help you through. Good luck and don't ever feel you can't do it!

BTW: If you need 2 science courses, next semester... Rock for Jocks! (Geology)

Quick Reply: Need to Vent?, Rant?, Blow off some steem?