Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>NAME this Ride (?) What make, year, model is this (?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 04:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Barovelli
At first I actually thought Mrs. Barovelli was talking on her cell phone! Ha! If she had a cell phone it would have been bigger than that car back then...

Old 05-19-2014, 05:16 AM
Cool >I think ? (yes, I do think > LOL)

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
At first I actually thought Mrs. Barovelli was talking on her cell phone! Ha! If she had a cell phone it would have been bigger than that car back then...

Hi `Brent,
I thought it was a `gun in her hand & she was out chasing Mr Barovelli >>LOL

I wonder what Mr Barovelli did this time (?) > LOL
OK, who high-jacked this thread ? > LOL

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-19-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:09 AM
Question What the heck is this car ? LOL

What year/make/model ?
Post & let us know what it is ?

Old 05-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default The Divco Mini milk truck circa 1957

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Here is a neat little Vehicle, I have the history on this thing. The Photo taken in the 50's My Dad has the White outfit with the Dark Apron, taken in Monterey, CA. Identify the little truck. Could be fun, or not.
This was back in the Mid-1950's my Father worked for the Meadow Gold Dairy in Monterey, California. I think he was the Plant man and he was at work in the early hours about 3:AM and he would load up the pallets for the various delivery trucks for the morning routes. The Divco's had a refrigeration unit on them and most were Garaged at the Plant more of a Carport type deal. They were plugged into electrical to keep the refrigeration units on during the night, by morning they were cold so the delivery guys could make there route. The Milkmen delivered Milk to the door, some of the trucks were equipped with freezers and could do Ice Cream also. These photo's are from the archives of my folks. The guy in the Apron is 95 years old today and has not known me for several years. He loved Cars and was a highly skilled driver and passed this on to me. I try to stimulate his memory by recalling the Cars he had.
This would be a Divco mini for promotions, it drove but more like a golf cart with less power, this was a 1957-58 photo my Aunt & uncle and mom are in this. Fun Stuff back in the Day.
There is a fun little myth that you may have heard. Back in the Day when Ladies were the homemakers and didn't work and a gal turned up expecting the Milkman got the blame. Myth???????????

Old 05-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpaceRider
What year/make/model ?

This was a Television Car once, I am thinking a VW of some sort, the Television show was Remington Steele, and Stefanie Zimbalist drove this car. I think. Probably in the Mid-80's

Old 05-19-2014, 09:52 AM

15 Year Member

What year/make/model ?

[/IMG]
The Geo Metro is a GM rebadged Suzuki Swift. They started that in the late '80's. They never really stopped. When they stopped making Geo's, you could still get a Chevy Metro. GM kept making a version of the Swift until they stopped making the Aveo in 2010. Other Canadian variants include Pontiac Wave, Pontiac Firefly, Pontiac G3

Old 05-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Cool Thanks Member's for posting/playing>Your Turn NOW<

This was back in the Mid-1950's my Father worked for the Meadow Gold Dairy in Monterey, California. I think he was the Plant man and he was at work in the early hours about 3:AM and he would load up the pallets for the various delivery trucks for the morning routes. The Divco's had a refrigeration unit on them and most were Garaged at the Plant more of a Carport type deal. They were plugged into electrical to keep the refrigeration units on during the night, by morning they were cold so the delivery guys could make there route. The Milkmen delivered Milk to the door, some of the trucks were equipped with freezers and could do Ice Cream also. These photo's are from the archives of my folks. The guy in the Apron is 95 years old today and has not known me for several years. He loved Cars and was a highly skilled driver and passed this on to me. I try to stimulate his memory by recalling the Cars he had.
This would be a Divco mini for promotions, it drove but more like a golf cart with less power, this was a 1957-58 photo my Aunt & uncle and mom are in this. Fun Stuff back in the Day.
There is a fun little myth that you may have heard. Back in the Day when Ladies were the homemakers and didn't work and a gal turned up expecting the Milkman got the blame. Myth???????????

Thanks for posting/sharing >Great story

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
The Geo Metro is a GM rebadged Suzuki Swift. They started that in the late '80's. They never really stopped. When they stopped making Geo's, you could still get a Chevy Metro. GM kept making a version of the Swift until they stopped making the Aveo in 2010. Other Canadian variants include Pontiac Wave, Pontiac Firefly, Pontiac G3

Congrat's `Brent, U R the Winner (again) on the Geo Metro.
I did not know it was based on a Suzuki Swift...What engine was in it ? I am sure learning about a lot of different vehicles here on the MCF.

================================================== =========
OK, whose next to post a picture(s) of another ride (vehicle) for member's to guess "What year/make/model ?"

Everyone can play > guess & I think it's your turn ? Yes, you reading my words ? > We shall wait > LOL

Old 05-19-2014, 03:02 PM

15 Year Member

Those Geo's came with a 1.3L 4 cyl or a 1.0 3 cyl. The motor can be changed by hand - no lift and I'm not joking.

I still sell parts for them all the time. I've known a few clowns that were into those sh... nice little cars. One of them cut his Swift in half to put a roll cage in. That didn't work out too well and the car never went back together.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Old 05-19-2014, 07:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What year/make/model ?
I always called it a Geo Speck, after a part of a McDonalds commercial extolling perceptions and realities. A rental car agent would hand the keys to a guy "here are the keys to your Speck.".

For awhile here clean used Specks would fetch 3K for commuters paying $5/gallon.

Quick Reply: >NAME this Ride (?) What make, year, model is this (?)