Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>NAME this Ride (?) What make, year, model is this (?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by butch049
Space thanks for showing the Comet. Mt older sisters boyfriend taught me to drive a 4speed in a car just like this one 15 years old thought I was really cool driving that car. Forgot all about that thanks for great memories Space

....`Butch, I'm happy that it brought back some good memories of times past. I was surprised when I read the infor in the above link on the Comet & Ford GT...It was an amazing ride for it's time...This thread is teaching me about many different rides for sure...

I do hope more member's get involved and create a post of a mystery ride for member's to guess ?

Thanks for all your contributions & playing >

Old 05-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
The Airbag on the steering wheels were really small back then and the Tach and the Speedometers are to far apart However the clutch and brake pedals appear ok..... Lol. This one is difficult I have an idea, but will need to rolledex the mind back. Later.....good one.
Ok I called a few friends and asked them about this thing also, It's time to cheat a bit We think it could be a Desoto Airglide? (aka a Chrysler ) maybe a 1939 to 45, these were the War years WWII, and all the resources were going into the war effort they were recycling everything they could get there hands on and the design of new automobiles was suffering. Anyway that's all I could come up with the one guy even checked a vintage site he knew of. So this is a good one. In the morning I will be at a Car show an all day event and I am going to see what the guys there think it is.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by SpaceRider
New Car 2 Guess ?

What year/make/model below ?

BONUS PIC BELOW

it could be a Desoto Airglide? (aka a Chrysler ) maybe a 1939 to 45,

It is between 1939 - 1946, but not a Desoto or Chryler ?
Please keep playing/guessing
Oh, it's 4-$ale

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-24-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Default 1946

It is between 1939 - 1946, but not a Desoto or Chryler ?
Please keep playing/guessing
Oh, it's 4-$ale
Ok, went to the Car show and they had some real nice stuff there will post a few of the favorites later. I asked the first guy that was with the club crew, showed the picture on the site and he said, OH that's a Chevrolet Aerosedan, he thought a 1946 but most had a lot more Chrome than this one, plus the Pontiac version has the fuel door where this on is and most of them are round caps on the passenger side. So could have been move also. Hey lets try that.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Ok, went to the Car show and they had some real nice stuff there will post a few of the favorites later. I asked the first guy that was with the club crew, showed the picture on the site and he said, OH that's a Chevrolet Aerosedan, he thought a 1946 but most had a lot more Chrome than this one, plus the Pontiac version has the fuel door where this on is and most of them are round caps on the passenger side. So could have been move also. Hey lets try that.
Congrat's Drivernumber3, you got the right year
This one was difficult & a rare car
Post-War Blues: 1946 Packard Clipper Coupe

Packard built automobiles from 1899 to 1958. American automakers put new models on hold during WWII, so when the war ended they continued producing designs from 1942 with some subtle changes.

The Clipper series was introduced in 1941 as just a sedan, and although 34,000 were sold, production quickly ceased when priorities shifted after Pearl Harbor. The Clipper (and to an extent, Packard) never really recovered. By the time they rolled out the Coupe after the war, stiff competition from Studebaker, Kaiser-Frazer and Cadillac had outpaced Packard, and their 1946-47 coupe fell to the wayside. Only about 600 post-war examples are known to be built.

Styling is quite pleasing. Since the early post-war cars are essentially designs from the late 30s and early 40s, it still has a cool, minimalist art-deco design before tail fins and excess chrome took hold.

This one looks particularly fresh in flat grey over green and tan interior and Coker Classic white wall tires. The seller says that the exterior was repainted and the chrome is showing some pitting, but the insides and engine look better.

Mechanically, they say it starts and runs but has not been test driven, although they suspect it would shift well. They say the odometer shows 53,000 miles and is believed to be original.

Under the hood is a 6-cylinder engine.

The seller says the vehicle was in a storage unit for years until it was given to the facility after years of unpaid rent, and say the current owner is only the second officially recorded owner.

Although it's not the rarer V8 version, this is still a lovely piece that has fortunately been garage kept over the years and seems remarkably intact.

Available here on ebay in Phoenix, Arizona with bidding at $24,766.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:46 AM
Question Do U know what it is ? (It's 4-Sale) Make a post & Let us know ?

New One Below
What Year/Make/Model ?

Old 05-25-2014, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member

New One Below
What Year/Make/Model ?
You know this looks like.................1948 for pickup stepside model, BUT IN CLOSER REIVIEW, I AM GOING TO SAY A 1950 INTERNATIONAL PICKUP TRUCK, mainly because I think the one I saw at the car show had a style down the hood and this one doesn't this one also has the factory mount for the spare tire which normally was under the rear of the box a bad place for it in muddy conditions. lets go with the 1950 INTERNATIONAL PICKUP TRUCK.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:28 AM
Thumbs up

Congrat's `Drivernumber3
You sure know your vehicles Close enough 4>Sure

1952 international harvester r-110 pickup - $9000 (Vero beach)

condition: excellent
1952 International harvester r-110 odometer: 25 manual transmission title : clean

1952 international harvester r-110

All original numbers matching

New paint and exhaust
25xxx miles
Runs and drives 100%
Was $12,500 NOW $9,000 !!!!!!
Can be seen at 5720 us 1. Vero beach, fl 32967
Call/text Keith at 631-786- twenty six fifty

OK, whose going to keep the game going &

post a mystery Vehicle for member's to guess ?
======================================
Is it you ?
We will wait for your post & vehicle pictures ?
Until then, here's some tunes

Wish you a `Happy

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-26-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Old 05-26-2014, 08:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Guess 39 la salle? Nice looking ride!

Quick Reply: >NAME this Ride (?) What make, year, model is this (?)