Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

mymonte.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013 | 09:39 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Another sad day in the history of the Monte Carlo enthusiast community.

Just want to give a shout out to Bob and Donna at JGMonteCarloSS. They put a lot of time, effort, and their own money into that site. And it's sad to see it go.

I sincerely hope that GM brings back the Monte Carlo name. And interest becomes renewed in the Monte Carlo. Hopefully these sites can return someday. And the Monte enthusiast community doesn't end up as a fading memory in history.

Old 09-18-2013 | 03:42 PM

its been awhile since i was on here ..i went to check mm for the first time in like four years and i could not find it guess i will try later. its nice to see some familiar people on here hope everyone's cars are holding up my 96 monte just got resold and is driving a good 120 km (74 miles) a day.

take care guys
kevin aka turtle

Old 09-18-2013 | 04:02 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Hi Kevin. Welcome to Monte Carlo Forum.

The end of MyMonte was a surprise to a lot of people. Including me. I was a member there also. Although not very active since most of my time was taken up here for obvious reasons. But I honestly thought the error message when you go to MM's homepage, was just a temporary glitch and thought it would be fixed fairly quickly. But so far MM has been showing the same error message since april.

I really don't like seeing the end of Monte Carlo sites. Because it means one thing. People are losing interest in these cars. And many of us are hoping GM will re-introduce the Monte Carlo in their new car line-up. But if people are losing interest in the name Chevy Monte Carlo, there's no incentive for GM to bring it back.

Look what happened to other classic name plates. Like the Chevelle and the Nova for example. The more Monte sites that disappear means our chances of getting the Monte Carlo name back in the line-up is disappearing also.