Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My Torino runs 3 laps around Charlotte Motor Speedway!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 01:57 AM

Duane that is awesome. I hope to be able to do something similar at Daytona. Thanks for sharing. Tell the folks I say hello.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:36 AM

Hi `Duane, thanks again for sharing your awesome adventures in life. I really enjoyed your vid & your thread post information. I bet your parents were so proud...
You sure do get to travel a lot & see the country..Thank you for posting & sharing with your Monte Carlo Family
I really EnJoyed

Old 11-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's cool!

Old 11-27-2011, 09:32 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
pretty cool Duane, is the video you took from one of the flip-vid cams you recently purchased? If so, I need one also!

@Chris
Indeed it is!!! I got the last (and only) 2 my Wal-Mart had. My brother wants to record his kids doing some stuff before Christmas, so I gave him theirs yesterday and kept the box to wrap for christmas morning.

I'm holding the camera right now... it has literally 7 buttons, plus a little disc that goes 4 ways. Power, review, trash, a button that switches it from camera to camcorder (takes 5 megapixel pictures), a button that you use to pause, another, and when you're recording, one button takes a still picture for you and doesn't interrupt the video, the ok button that starts and ends a recording, zoom, back off, "aquamode", and that is it. When we did the night time video of the light show, it automatically put itself into night time mode and didn't allow the brake lights to distract picking up the lights themselves. It was Awesome!!! And all my dad was talking about was how badly the video was going to turn out!!! Going through the menu, yesterday, as if it wasn't simple enough to use, I figured out I actually only recorded in 720p, could have recorded in 1080p!!! Plus, you can record through filters... like "classic" which makes it black and white, retro, which gives it down brownish 20s film look.... Awesome little camera for $99 on BlackFriday... think tehy're $159 on the website most of the time.

You know the commercials for "So easy a caveman could do it?" Yeah, this thing is so easy, my mom can use it.... even more impressive....

@Gregg. I've seen videos on YouTube of people driving street cars at Daytona. (Although I could not find one just now...) I think there is a package you can buy near the 24 Hours of Lemans that allows you to go out on teh track, but they strictly enforce the rules. Considernig you need to go about 70 at Charlotte to not feel like you're going to fall off the banking, you probably need to do about 90 at Daytona!!! We had a member here named David "z34phoenix" who did this once... I've always been a shade jealous....

There was a NASCAR Day Car Wash abck in May where I ran Martinsville... $10 for a car wash, and they elt you "dry" the car with 3 laps on the track. That was fun too!! Tracks all over the country participated in that....... think Homestead was one of them.

Thanks for the compliments guys!!! Do you think next year I should get a car I wouldn't be a little afraid of driving fast with... like a Monte Carlo? LoL!!

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 11-27-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:29 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

That is sooo awesome!

Old 11-27-2011, 03:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Excellent

Old 11-27-2011, 10:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Cool pics Duane. This is just one more reason you are our official NASCAR historian

Old 11-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Default charity laps

Great video Duane ! Did you feel like David Pearson out there !?
Car looks and sounds great. I wanted to do that this year at TMS
but I couldn't make it. I hope to do that next year. Looks like fun.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:14 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Thanks guys!!!

I don't know if I felt like Pearson or not... I felt like I could stay with him on a pace lap! It was cool though... gives you a little more respect for the guys who race on those things all the time.

Just keep an eye on the Facebook page for your local race tracks... nev er know when an event might turn up. Charlotte had a blood drive on 9/11 and let you drive on teh track if you gave a pint of blood. Never know when they might do something like that.

Does Texas do a souvenir thing too on Black Friday

Quick Reply: My Torino runs 3 laps around Charlotte Motor Speedway!!!!!