Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My Resignation

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My Resignation

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of a 6 year old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples with rocks.

I want to think M&M's are better than money, because you can eat them.

I want to play kickball during recess and paint with watercolors in art.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple. When all you knew were colors, addition tables and simple nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.

When all you knew was to be happy because you didn't know all the things that should make you worried and upset.

I want to think that the world is fair. That everyone in it is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible.

But somewhere in my youth I matured, and I learned too much.

I learned of nuclear weapons, war, prejudice, starvation and abused children. I learned of lies, unhappy marriages, suffering, illness, pain and death.

I learned of a world where men left their families to go and fight for our country, and return only to end up living on the streets begging for their next meal.

I learned of a world where children knew how to kill... and did!

What happened to the time when we thought that everyone would live forever, because we didn't grasp the concept of death? When we thought the worst thing in the world was if someone took the jump rope from you or picked you last for kickball?

I want to be oblivious to the complexity of life and be overly excited by little things once again.

I want to return to the days when reading was fun and music was clean.

When television was used to report the news or for family entertainment and not to promote sex, violence and deceit.

I remember being naive and thinking that everyone was happy because I was.

I would walk on the beach and only think of the sand between my toes and the nicest seashell I could find. I would spend my afternoons climbing trees and riding my bike. I didn't worry about time, or where I was going to find the money to fix my car and pay the bills.

I used to wonder what I was going to do or be when I grew up. Not worry about what I'll do if this doesn't work out.

I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind and making snow angels.

I want to be 6 again.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:58 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just keeping you guys on your toes.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:00 AM

Yep, all the things I took for granted back then....

Old 05-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Smile

WoW `Lou (Taz) your thread title freaked me out 4-Sure

Yes, I try my best to stay six years old in my Mind...I miss those happy, care free days...Getting older & seeing our world over these electronic sources is scary & depressing 4-Real...Instant News of the Bad things that are happening here & around our World.

I believe the MCF is a good representation of our world with it's diversity of ages/education/experiences/cultures etc.

I read the frustrations in many members posts , but also the hope for a better tomorrow for `all.

I think it's `up to everyone on this planet to work & make it better, instead of many just sitting back and doing nothing to make things better, but complain about `life...Have we become to self-absorbed & selfish people/country/world ? Only each reader knows their own answers, or don't care & are on their `free rides in life....(The $'s are running `out 4-Sure)....

I think everyone needs a vacation/break...I know that we `do
Thanks for your post & reminding us how good it was to be 6 years old...I'd really like it to be good 4 all NOW....(I dream a lot)

Reader's, how old do you feel ? What are you doing do make it better ? (I ask myself that question everyday)
What have we taken from `Life, our government ? What have we given back ? Really ?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask, what you can do for your country" `JFK

"Ask not what the MCF can do for you, but ask, what you can do for your MCF"

Peace/Happiness to the reader of my words...

Last edited by Space; 05-31-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:39 AM

I still wear my clothes from when i was 6...

Old 05-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow the thread title had me worried for sure. But if we where 6 we couldn't drive our Montes (or would we?)

Last edited by Tadcaster; 06-01-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

NOT FUNNY DUDE! Made my heart jump a beat! And at my age ain't cool. But I agree 100% with you. Hell I get asked if i'm ever going to grow up! HELL NO. This is as good as I get. if no one likes it peddle your *** down the street. I enjoy being as young & foolish as I can at times. Too may people take themselfs to serious. But " 6" for me maybe 14. Maybe 10 where as I don't need a job and have lots of friends Life can be HELL at times. I think i've been there a few times in my life. TAZ lets just say screw it all. And go back to a simlpier time. For me 1958 where we listened to 45 records on the porch and talked with friends and rode our bikes all over town.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:47 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This post was mildly depressing... Don't do that again.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:23 PM

When I read the title of the thread I was like WHAT!?!??!?!?!

Old 05-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

well that wasn't what i thought it would be.... Good to see you're not going anywhere And like mike said if we were 6 we couldn't drive

Quick Reply: My Resignation