Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My (personal) Prediction

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 05:47 AM
Default RE: My (personal) Prediction

R.J.
[:-]
EnJoy your `journey of Life.
Look into your mirror, & ask
"What can I do to make it better"
R.J.
Life is in constant change,
[:-]It's sad that things change sometimes for the worst [:-]
They all worked @ McDonald's
You deserve a break today, so get out & get away to McDonalds : ) Skipped their workout

Old 10-24-2007, 06:30 AM

ORIGINAL: rj

What with all the wild fires out in the wonderful state of California I say it won't be long before those of us living in the eastern part of the country start to see our gasoline prices rise.

To help pay for the disaster out west. (or that's the BS they will feed us)

Just my opinion.

That might be true, if the oil and gas industry was owned by the government. And, since the oil companies are not involved in paying for the disaster in Kalifornia, the excuse they will use for raising prices willhave tobesomething else - probably that the fires disrupted refining, supplies and/or distribution (the usual excuse).

Old 10-24-2007, 08:01 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: mad717

To those that say, what can we do?
Answer: Vote ALL incumbents out and vote only for those that will put America andAmerican's FIRST!
Mark, I can say this because our government here in Canada isn't much different from the US government. I would love to say your answer is the way to go. But the problem is 99.9% of politicians are liars, and only tell you what you want to hear while campaigning. After they get elected, they do what ever they want and blame their broken promises on unforseen problems caused by the previous administration. We get that over here too. Frustrating as hell.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

congress can override the veto with a 2/3's vote......
Exactly, we have 3 EQUAL branches of government with equal powers.

Such is the genious of our forefathers.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:25 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

back on the SCHIP, i can't help but wonder why the republicans are fighting a bill they created. i actually, beleive it or don't, watched the debate over this in the house, and one of the republicans mentioned it was there bill. the reason the president vetoe'd it was because children with $60,000 a year income were going to be included in it somehow.... then the democrats said that wasn't true... basically the republicans don't like it because the democrats like it. o'well..... this is why i say we need an amendment to disband politcal parties.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

back on the SCHIP, i can't help but wonder why the republicans are fighting a bill they created. i actually, beleive it or don't, watched the debate over this in the house, and one of the republicans mentioned it was there bill. the reason the president vetoe'd it was because children with $60,000 a year income were going to be included in it somehow.... then the democrats said that wasn't true... basically the republicans don't like it because the democrats like it. o'well..... this is why i say we need an amendment to disband politcal parties.
Cowboy, how can you say that? Look at what youwill bemisssing!!

Old 10-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

As much as I hate to say it, without political parties very little would get accomplished. It would be endless arguing, alliances, broken alliances,and backstabbing. Kinda like a bad episode of "Survivor" that never ends.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:17 PM

Space is a Independant
with Politic's, and I can't believe the money that is
being spent in the primary election process.
There just has to be a better way.
I know we can't solve the Worldproblems here on the MCF.
Politics, & religion are subjects that can inflame many.
I guess the forum just gives us a chance to vent, & know
how other member's feel about our world problems.
Peace to all the readers of my words/post

Old 10-24-2007, 05:49 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i do'ntknow.. maybe taz is right. is there any solution to corrupt politicians. it seems when you solve one problem, you have only really created another. but back to the subject.. high gas prices and how the fires out in California will affect them. i also wonder what it will do to home owners insurance. i was sitting in my boring 4th period today after i made some posts and we were talking about it in class. i brought up a point that maybe home owners insurance rates would go up like they did after katrina to pay for all the homes lost. but i know that some places out there don't even offer insurnace against things like mud slides and fires... kind of like how if you live within a mile of the beach in most places along the southern and mid alantic cost, you cna't get hurricane coverage. what do you guys think? will home owners insurance skyrocket?

Old 10-24-2007, 05:58 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ignore it all you want but the pice of gas/gal will increase and the News shows will report it's due to the wild fires out in CA.

The two may not be linked, but that's the reason the News people will report. (been there, read the book, got the shredded T-shirt to prove I've been there)

Space,
I'll take 1980 for TWO please.

And I'd like nothing better if the U.S. worried about itself for a while instead of carring the weight of the world like we have. Anytime the politicians want to look like Mr. Big Zhit to the world they tap that ever popular resource the U.S. tax payer to foot the bill.

Quick Reply: My (personal) Prediction