Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My Monte got a boo-boo!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 09:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy My Monte got a boo-boo!!

So my Monte is not even on the road yet for the summer and it got a boo-boo!!

Saturday a friend of mine and I were trying to figure out his ABS problem on his truck (after an entire day, we got it all fixed). At one point in my driveway, we heard a huge BANG from the location my neighbor was mowing his lawn with his riding mower. I ran over to the hedge between our properties to see if he was OK (the sound almost sounded like an explosion).

Good news, he’s fine. A small wind chime they had fell, he did not see it and ran over it (got lodged in the blades).

Today, I’m walking between the Monte and the Grand Am and I saw a chunk of metal between the cars and my heart sunk (as I did not see damage to the Grand Am). When I uncovered the Monte to begin working on the dash project, I found 3 large dings on the passenger side fender.

His mower the other day apparently flung this thing into the car (had a slight buffer with the car cover, about as thick as a flannel blanket), and after it hit the car flew I in between the cars.

I talked to my neighbor today and he said that is part of the wind chime. Him and I are stunned that it made it where it did (given the obstacles it had). We're also glad no one was standing in it's path (that would have really hurt someone).

He said to get some estimates and he’ll work with his home owner’s insurance. Another item on the list of things to do hopefully before the GM Nationals in June!! UGH! But at least he's being cool about it.

Attached Thumbnails My Monte got a boo-boo!!-img_6011.jpg   My Monte got a boo-boo!!-img_5999.jpg  
Old 05-06-2012, 10:06 PM

Wow! I would be so angry! Can you easily fix it yourself or do you need to take it to a shop? Fortunately it didn't puncture the metal...

What's with everyone's Montes getting crashed or banged up these last few weeks? It's terrible

Old 05-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Glad no one got hurt..

Old 05-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

dude that sux

Old 05-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well that is a hell of a boo boo. That had some good velocity behind it. LOL, if it had hit a person they would have a nice ol goose egg to sport around. At least he is being cool about things....Decent neighbor, he needs to buy you a beer too.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Glad to hear he's going to work with you and no one was hurt in the incident. Hope you can get it fixed soon!

Old 05-07-2012, 04:45 AM

Why `me, why my Monte ?
It really hurts when someone or something we
love is hurt 4-Sure...
I hope you have a good auto hospital to repair the damage
to your awesome Monte Carlo...Good Luck Maniac

Old 05-07-2012, 06:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
Wow! I would be so angry! Can you easily fix it yourself or do you need to take it to a shop?
I'm not angry, I was depressed/bummed when I saw it yesterday. But it was an accident, by no means did my neighbor do this on purpose (he had no idea the chime was in the lawn). So I have no reason to be angry. He's also not giving crap over having it fixed.

I am not doing this myself. Once the car is mobile (which I have to finish the dash and another project I'm waiting on parts for), I will take it to a body shop for an estimate. Since it did chip the paint, I don't think a "ding" repair service can handle this one.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

SORRY to hear and see that. Its SUCKS! You guys on here handle that kind of problem pretty good. I'm sure I wouldn't be so easy going about it. Good your neighbor is working with you on it. Good luck. Thats why I always have mine in the garage. Kids in the neighborhood riding bike , throwing ball and things BIRDS stone out in the street that gets hit just the right way. If were out in cutting the grass , or anything like that. My garage doors are closed. I can be a total *** about my Toys at times. I was a LOT worst when I had my Harleys. You guys and girls with no garages to keep your monte's in. MAN O MAN I feel sorry for you. I know its HELL trying to keep a car up when you don't have one. Its a lot of work. GOOD LUCK Maniac

Old 05-07-2012, 10:59 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Man that deff sucks

Quick Reply: My Monte got a boo-boo!!