Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My me ?

Old 06-30-2011, 07:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default My me ?

Ok I took the Monte to my daughter's home. Just to show my brother in law from Michigan how nice this Monte is. Everything is cool !. Take him for a ride around town. Then on the way home after dropping him off. I pull away from a light. Not one second later. I feel this bump bump bump coming from I think the right rear tire. DON"T TELL MR I"M GETTING FREAKIN FLAT ! I try to pull over to where I wouldn't get rear ended. Now It's on a hill. But I see this BOLT sticking out of my tire. Are you kidding me. There tires have less the 1000 miles on them if that. Man O Man.....So I drive slow to a spot where I can change the *&^%$ tire. Get by the High school. Man this thing is huge!!! While i'm changing it. A couple of young dudes stop and ask if I need a hand. I look up surprised . No thanks I said. I think I've got it covered. I smile and say thanks anyway...They give me the thumbs up sign and drive away. So Now this morning I have call Discount tire to see if they have my size in stock. I don't want to drive on the ugly donut tire. And have anyone see my car that way. SO....I guess I'll throw it in the trunk of the Chevelle. And take it down to them. Then come back and change it. So that's how I spent my weds afternoon. Today going to be tooo HOT to do any labor around here. So this all I plan on doing. 95 today & HUMID. Think it's time to go visit the outlaws & inlaws.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

At least it wasn't anything serious and you didn't do any damage to the rim or anything

Old 06-30-2011, 07:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I share your pain! Years ago, when I my '84 Camaro was running, me and my friend cruising around town, suddenly I hear noise like "flop, flop, flop" with ever rotation of the tires, slowly ease the car into an empty parking lot. Don't know if you ever messed with the spare for a 3rd gen Camaro, but that is a JIGSAW PUZZLE when you put it back (hidden on the inside of a rear quarter).

Anycase, as I'm changing it, my friend inspects for the source of the leak on the tire and he REMOVES a HUGE bolt (I want to say 5-6 inches long). To this day we're wonder HOW did it get in there.....

Old 06-30-2011, 10:24 AM

1 Year Member

Well finally some GOOD news for a change. I went to Discount Tire this morning. The tire for the Monte co$t $ 195.00 . I got it for $31.25. Installed on the rim. Now that makes my whole weekend That bolt was about 5 in long....

Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

That sucks about the huge bolt in your tire Rick. That was cool that you got the new one for only $31. But what a parts runner vehicle you have! I can just imagine the store's employee. "Do you have the car here?" "No, but I threw the wheel in the back of my other car."

Old 06-30-2011, 11:07 AM

1 Year Member

Yeah. It was fun. I know the store manager pretty well. He's a car guy also. Soooo! I take the chevelle this morning with the tire from the M/C in the trunk. As I get with in a block of his store. I open the headers about 3/4 of the way. Feeling good and sounding good. I rap it a few times coming up the drive. 5 Guys & one customer come around the bldg and see me coming at a nice slow pace. yeah your right I was playing with them. As I pull up front Dave walks over. And says. I think you have exhaust problem. I just laugh...Eye candy for them and me as well. Got the tire installed on the rim. As I go to leave. I turn them over a couple of times just to turn some heads. I got a couple of Thumbs up. Then on home to put it all together. After working all night & Doing this in this humid weather I need a nap. Good day so far! zzzzzzzzz.....later

Old 06-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Show off! (just kidding)

Must be tons of fun to just cruise around in the Chevelle.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Glad they got you all fixed up.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:32 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I'm glad you got everything taken care of Rick!

Old 06-30-2011, 05:11 PM

1 Year Member

LOU. It's a HELL OF A LOT OF FUN. I grew up in the ara so It's like reliving the past. It only has about 425 HP. But it's got a nice loping cam. So at idle it's lopeing pretty nice. Then if a Mustang or some kids in an off shore car and his big muffler get next to me. I open it at idle and it sounds like a full race car . It turns a lot of heads. The most fun I can have with my clothes on. Once in a while I'll get on it from a roll thru the light. Then hit it hard going thru the gears. Not racing anyone. But like we used to say back in the day. Just clearing the carb officer ....If I'm feeling down and out or bored to tears. I take her out for about an hr or so. My whole mood changes in mins!! The kids and adults in my neighborhood are real cool about her. If I'm tune it up or working on it. If I gun it hard a few times. No one says anything. I get a lot of smiles & thumbs up. Of course when I moved into this house 9 yrs ago. I had a Harley that had pipes so big you could stick a beer can standing up in each one at the opening. Now that was also fun. But I do it when I do. Say in the earlier to late afternoon. Or on the weekends. Never after dinner or early in the morning. At my age. I try to resect the wishes of others. I've had friends over from the Chevelle club for a meeting here. Man that gathers a crowd! So to say i'm a show off. HELL YEAH MY FRIEND!!! YOUR 100% right. But only at times for fun. I've worked hard all my life. Not I'm trying to get some of my rewards! Can you blame me?? At 67 yrs old. I'm making Rick happy. Hell I used to work 10 to 12 hrs days 7 days a week for months back at Gen Motor's. Now I just have a part time job. JUST for my toy's all I make goes into my Hobby. Ok enough said. Taking the Monte over to my daughter's to see my in & out laws. That are here from Boston , Michigan, & Fargo. C. U. all off & on this weekend. Lets make some noise ha ha ha ha

Search this Thread