Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My fiancee got a new(used) car today, I'm kind of jealous.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My fiancee got a new(used) car today, I'm kind of jealous.

My fiancee bought a 2007 Mustang GT Premium today with only 6,815 miles on it. It was traded in at a Toyota dealership about three hours away from us. She first saw it on CL and fell in love with it. Its Vista Blue with the white racing stripes on the hood, roof, and trunk. Car has the 4.6L with the 5 speed manual tranny and is fully loaded. It still looks and smells new with not a scratch on it. Its a very sharp car and even though I'm not a Ford guy, I would own it. She gave $19,664 for it which is a pretty decent price. I think ever since I bought my Dale Jr. monte, she has been talking about getting a Mustang, which is her favorite car. I guess I'm kind of jealous because I really wanted a V-8 car but decided a V-6 car would be better for the gas, hence the Monte.

We took my Monte to go pick up the Mustang and I was surprised that I didn't get better gas mileage. It was a 200 mile one way trip and I only got 23mpg. I thought a long interstate trip would get better mileage than that. I guess 70-75mph doesn't do good on the gas mileage. Anyway it was a fun day. Maybe she will let me drive it soon.

wayne

Old 02-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

congrats to the wife on a new car, although it is a furd, congrats anyways, she is gonna smoke your azz in a race

Old 02-20-2010, 12:05 AM

She will enjoy it. My mom had an 06 GT and they are the best mustangs ford has ever built.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:45 AM

..Hi `Wayne,
Sounds like your girlfriend (future `wife: ) found a clean/low miled Mustang GT...Hope you post some pic's : ) I like the Mustang GT, but prefer a Camaro, but you can't get a Camaro for 20K 4 Sure : )
I really like the sounds of a Mustang GT, especially with a tuned Exhaust...They have a sweet sound. Hope she lets you drive `it
Wish you & yours safe/fun enjoyable miles in both your Monte & your new edition Mustang GT....

Oh, when was the last time you tuned your Monte ? 23 MPG isn't bad, but I used to get in the high 20's when I had my 3.8L on road trips....Thanks for sharing...

Old 02-20-2010, 05:45 AM

Just remember, in a short time (when u get married), you will be getting 1/2 a 2007 mustang gt. I guess the flip is that she will be getting 1/2 a dale jr. monte carlo ss.

Also, that 23mpg seems a little low. Maybe winter fuel has something to do with it? I know that my cars are sucking it up big time at the pump

Old 02-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice "new to her" car. There's a Ford dealership here in town that has a huge selection of 2010 `stangs. Including a few GT500 Shelby's in different colors. They got a Saleen Mustang inside the showroom with the chrome package inside the engine bay. Every sunday, when the place is closed, there's never a shortage of Ford guys window shopping. Drooling all over the place.

This dealership is the local Ford SVT dealership. So every year their lot is filled with all the different SVT Fords.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
..Hi `Wayne,
Sounds like your girlfriend (future `wife: ) found a clean/low miled Mustang GT...Hope you post some pic's : ) I like the Mustang GT, but prefer a Camaro, but you can't get a Camaro for 20K 4 Sure : )
I really like the sounds of a Mustang GT, especially with a tuned Exhaust...They have a sweet sound. Hope she lets you drive `it
Wish you & yours safe/fun enjoyable miles in both your Monte & your new edition Mustang GT....

Oh, when was the last time you tuned your Monte ? 23 MPG isn't bad, but I used to get in the high 20's when I had my 3.8L on road trips....Thanks for sharing...
This car is unbelieveably clean. I also like the Camaro better but for a Ford, its a very nice car. It has the stock exhaust on it but it sounds good. Its louder than I thought it would be but its not real loud inside the car.

I just tuned the Monte up in Jan. I replaced the plugs, fuel filter, air filter, pcv valve and just changed the oil and filter. I also replaced the radiator cap and gas cap. I haven't changed out the plug wires yet because I was waiting until I get the valve cover gaskets replaced and possibly the intake gasket. I'm not sure which one is leaking for sure but its leaving it pretty wet up top. Anyway, I was expecting better gas mileage.

There are some very nice low mileage Shelby's, Roush's, and other special edition Mustangs around here for sale. It just depends on what you want to spend.

I need to take some pics of the Mustang as well as the Monte's. The weather here has been very cold and snowy this year and the cars have never been clean enough for me to take pics. It started snowing and then raining up where we picked the Mustang up so now its filthy. The Toyota dealership had it all detailed and it was looking sharp. Hopefully soon.

Wayne

Old 02-20-2010, 11:27 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

As the resident Fard/Devils advocate, I have to say that was a nice buy. My roommate has an '06 GT and it's a wonderful car. I love looking at it and seeing all of it's historical roots that are embedded in even the dash pad of the car. Can we have pics of the cars together? "A House Divided"

Old 02-20-2010, 11:50 AM

Congrats dude.
I hope she doesn't give you hell about kicking your *** in a race. :P jk
I say that because i know how females are, once you tick her off she'll challenge you to a race, everytime. lol

Old 02-20-2010, 02:21 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I owned an 05 V6 Mustang and loved the design. My fiance had an 05 Saleen Mustang and an 06 GT Mustang. I'm not a big fan of the 2010 Mustangs. If I had a chance to get another one, I'd get an 07-09 GT.

Quick Reply: My fiancee got a new(used) car today, I'm kind of jealous.