Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Music that you like...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Default RE: Music that you like...

I have 19644 songs in my Itunes library, with an extra 17000 I need to go through and sort duplicates of. I have a lot of music... a lot. over 150GB to tell ya... or 120 Days of contstant non repeating songs... Im A DJ and am going to school for computer music... I need music. I can lsiten to most as long as its not VERY country or VERY metal. as long as it sounds like their not SCREAMING or holding a pistol to their head... i like it!

Old 02-06-2008, 08:58 PM

Damn, wish I could compete with Vita there. I'm only at just under 5k songs, about 32GB, but 12 of those GBs are my collection of about 400 music videos.

I'll do just about anything other than country. I do have some classical, but not all that much. What would probably surprise most of those that know me would be either the techno or the recent addition of some reggaeton and some Russian and German rap.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:25 PM

i listen to all sorts of stuff as well... mainly it revolves around country, rap, and punk, and a bit of rock but no classical music for this girl

Old 02-06-2008, 11:47 PM

I'll listen to just about anything, from Nat King Cole to AC/DC, but I don't get into music like I did when I was younger, heck I don't even have an IPOD.I prefer Rock and Roll, but I can't listen to this new stuff with the screaming, whatever it's called.

I don't care for country either, but I understand if you play it backwards, you get all your stuff back, like your girl, your dog, your pickup truck, etc.

On a similar note, I was one of the first guys around (this was back in the early 80's), to put booming systems in my cars. The louder, the better, at least back then. But that was before they'd give you a ticket because they could hear your music.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

lol... Yeah, on my new CD, "Mid-Life Crisis - 49 and Still Rocking", $11.95 at your local store.

No... not yet.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:04 PM

I'll throw in a rap cd most often, but county, rock, alterntive.
Some bands:
Lil Wayne
Amber Pacific
Three 6 Mofia
3 Days grace.

I think you guys get the picture.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Guess that makes me different. I grew up on rock from the 60's and 70's (I'll be 54 March 7). I've listened to most everything along the way, including some country. Never got into heavy metal and can't stand Rap.
Last March 1 we lost my son, Joshua, and that transformed my life. I grew up in the church, and have been in and out of the church all my life. 15 years ago I lost my daughter Christina to a brutal death, and I got mad at God for it. After losing my son, I (we) have got right with God, and my music tastes have changed DRAMATICALLY! I still listen to some rock and country, but my CD case is FULL of Gospel music, both classic and contemporary. My mp3 player is 50/40/10 gospel, rock, and country. 1,700+ songs. 800+ gospel.
My favorite group right now would be Mercy Me. Favorite classic would be Johnny Cash. Favorite rock? too many, can't decide. Favorite country? Don't have one. I still like music with a beat, but something I can hear the words too, also. (I sing in the church choir)

Quick Reply: Music that you like...