Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Moron Alert: Indiana official loses job after 'live ammo' tweet

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Moron Alert: Indiana official loses job after 'live ammo' tweet

Anything you say on the internet can and will be used against you.

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...weet?GT1=43001

Following a tweet suggesting riot police "use live ammunition" against demonstrators outside Wisconsin's capitol building on Saturday night, Jeff *** is no longer employed as a deputy attorney general with Indiana Attorney General’s Office.
The official statement released today from the agency follows a report from "Mother Jones" detailing ***'s response to a tweet from the political magazine regarding riot police possibly being brought in to deal with demonstrators on Saturday (they weren't).
Taking issue with this response, "Mother Jones" staffer Adam Weinstein called out JCCentCom from his own Twitter account:
I confronted the user, JCCentCom. He tweeted back that the demonstrators were "political enemies" and "thugs" who were "physically threatening legally elected officials." In response to such behavior, he said, "You're damned right I advocate deadly force." He later called me a "typical leftist," adding, "liberals hate police."
Only later did we realize that JCCentCom was a deputy attorney general for the state of Indiana.
According to Weinstein, "Mother Jones" sent an e-mail to ***'s work address to confirm that *** was the author of the tweets, as well as the blogger behind "Pro Cynic" (now disabled), where he "evinces contempt for political opponents," and asked if *** wished to provide context.