Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of September 2019

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good afternoon guys.

We've been slightly cooler lately. Saturday we didn't even make it out of the 60s, yesterday we barely made it into the 70s... and then today we're potentially going to hit 90s.

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Yeah! I would be happy if we could get a few folks interested. They do have a Chevelle club up in Omaha that is fairly active. I met a few of the members at an all Chevy show last year.
Time will tell i guess
I hope you do get something started and are able to form a nice, solid base. Good luck!

Originally Posted by N/A02NBMCSS
I bought a car that I plan to trade or flip and I’ve been pretty busy with school
Cool, what exactly is it and what needs to be done to it?

Old 09-11-2019, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good afternoon guys.

We've been slightly cooler lately. Saturday we didn't even make it out of the 60s, yesterday we barely made it into the 70s... and then today we're potentially going to hit 90s.

I hope you do get something started and are able to form a nice, solid base. Good luck!

Cool, what exactly is it and what needs to be done to it?
It’s a bright red 2002 Monte Carlo ss I bought it for 500 cash it was a local Craigslist deal it needs a radiator plugs and wires and some maintenance that was neglected and a little bit of body work but it’s loaded it’s got a leather interior dual power seats which are heated but and most importantly an exhaust but overall not bad

Old 09-11-2019, 11:43 AM
10 Year Member

Good afternoon guys.

Our area had a possible tornado touchdown last night around 9 pm in Sanilac County and the National Weather Service is out investigating today. The cell was tornado warned for almost an hour straight - I was watching the radar at the time and it had a nice hook echo and a very exceptional rotational and wind shear signature for this far North. Anyone who knows me knows I'm fascinated by severe weather and tornadoes. We'll see what the NWS says.

We have the potential for severe weather and isolated tornadoes again later today.

MDOT and the Mackinac Bridge Authority is hanging their massive American Flag from the Mackinac Bridge today for the 18th anniversary of 9/11. Pic by MDOT.

Old 09-12-2019, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys.

It's been a while since we've had a good saturating rain and we really got it yesterday with the storms that moved through. I'd say we got anywhere from 1-3" and it was very heavy at times. We have a slight chance of rain today and then another chance for severe storms tomorrow afternoon.

NWS says there was no tornado in Sanilac County Tuesday but a 'wet microburst' with straight-line winds.

9 days until Michigan Monte Carlo Club's Fall Meet! And then I have my last car show of the year the day after.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:39 AM

i still cant believe is been 18 years.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning MCF. well last weekend tried for a Carshow and it rained just before I got there. I nearly had to swim home.
So the next best thing was to do a little shopping. Lol
As I drove out of this monsoon I found it was dry about 50 miles west of there and I decided to stop at a U-Pull it.
Scored a couple of items that I had been searching for. One was a Console Lid that was still in perfect condition not broken. Then I found a cup holder insert, like the one I misplaced a few years ago.
The Air bags had gone off in this car and the glass from the Windshield had shards on the seat. Those little things were sharp. So I got a few battle scars for my efforts.

Like near mint console lid unbroken will replace my repaired one.

Old 09-17-2019, 10:55 AM
10 Year Member

Good afternoon guys.

Four days until Michigan Monte Carlo Club's Fall Meet! Finalizing all my prep this week. Awards and dash plaques have been picked up and both our new t-shirt order and coffee mugs (new item) have been received. 10 Montes registered as of right now but I've gotten feedback from a lot of unregistered people about attending so we'll see how many we do have come Saturday

Scored a couple of items that I had been searching for. One was a Console Lid that was still in perfect condition not broken. Then I found a cup holder insert, like the one I misplaced a few years ago.
Nice scores with those parts.

One item I'd like to get for mine is some OEM felt pads for the back of the front seat belt buckles (so they don't continue to scuff the side of the center console). I was going to check with a dealership but I'm hoping for some thin, approx 2x2" pads like what's in my '13 Malibu. Another project I have at some point is to pull the battery and clean and repaint the battery tray and strap and find some new strap bolts.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 09-17-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:47 AM
10 Year Member

In addition to my other post ^ today, here's some progress shots of the new Hudson's Site development that's ongoing in downtown Detroit. They're still working below grade and have not started going vertical yet. Recently a hotel operator has come into this project so the actual height right now is unknown until the building's program is ironed out - it's suppose to be 900+ feet tall which would make it the tallest building in Detroit and Michigan. Also visible in the first pic is the glass addition going onto the back of the Compuware Building across the street.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good afternoon guys.

Four days until Michigan Monte Carlo Club's Fall Meet! Finalizing all my prep this week. Awards and dash plaques have been picked up and both our new t-shirt order and coffee mugs (new item) have been received. 10 Montes registered as of right now but I've gotten feedback from a lot of unregistered people about attending so we'll see how many we do have come Saturday

Nice scores with those parts.

One item I'd like to get for mine is some OEM felt pads for the back of the front seat belt buckles (so they don't continue to scuff the side of the center console). I was going to check with a dealership but I'm hoping for some thin, approx 2x2" pads like what's in my '13 Malibu. Another project I have at some point is to pull the battery and clean and repaint the battery tray and strap and find some new strap bolts.
If you send me a photo of what it looks like I can keep an eye out for something. I try to visit the upull it at least once a month to check to see what they got. I just ask for the Monte Carlo and they print out the row and each make that is there. they had 2 6Gens there but nothing in an SS.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member

If you send me a photo of what it looks like I can keep an eye out for something. I try to visit the upull it at least once a month to check to see what they got. I just ask for the Monte Carlo and they print out the row and each make that is there. they had 2 6Gens there but nothing in an SS.
I appreciate it but since it's an adhesive backed felt pad I'm buying new. I want to apply one to the backside of each of the front seat belt buckles. These felt pads on the buckles aren't factory on these 00-07 Montes unlike some newer cars today (like my Malibu).

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Month of September 2019