Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of September 2018

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 08:22 AM

[QUOTE=drivernumber.
I also worked with several people who today have a cough from being in the city from that day.
I hate to see this stuff again it just makes me mad again.[/QUOTE]

Truly sorry to hear about your friends, just last week we had a discussion in class about how the EPA handled the cleanup. Btw I remove what they claim wasn't there. They ignored peoples safety during the clean up and now survivors are paying the price.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hurricane Florence is going to hit the coast of NC within the next couple of days. It's a big storm with a lot of potential rainfall and a dangerous storm surge. I've already got sandbags filled and the Monte will go up on jackstands tomorrow.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
Hurricane Florence is going to hit the coast of NC within the next couple of days. It's a big storm with a lot of potential rainfall and a dangerous storm surge. I've already got sandbags filled and the Monte will go up on jackstands tomorrow.
Wow stay safe, I will keep you in my prayers.
I saw that some one used that Flex tape to seal the outside of doors and in worked you if you can find that it may help a little?

Old 09-12-2018, 07:45 AM

Be safe and do what you can, were all hoping this will be over soon. As drivernumber 3 mentioned you will be in our prayers

Old 09-12-2018, 09:35 AM
15 Year Member

Thanks for the prayers guys. We are about as prepared as we can be. I'd be lucky to find even scotch tape around here right now lol.

The latest forecast has it turning further west, away from my area a bit more. Don't get me wrong, we still are in a hurricane warning, but hopefully nothing catastrophic occurs here. The biggest concern I have is the winds from the storm pushing water from the sound over the land, which is still a very real possibility, especially paired with torrential rain. The Wilmington - Morehead City areas look like they're going to get hit head on though... I sure would have evacuated if I lived there, and I hope everybody that lives down there has evacuated...

Old 09-16-2018, 07:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Good morning all. We dodged a bullet with the hurricane. But i have family and friends down east in NC. Praying for them.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:45 AM

Went to a closed airstrip with my engine builder yesterday for my first time down a dragstrip as a passenger in his 69 Chevelle 440 cid small block 705 hp 770 lbs a 1/4 mile car.We managed 2 wheelies and ran 6 seconds at 98 in the 1/8 mile on a time slip and our fastest pass went I un recorded. Got some pics of some of the Montes and a few other oddballs like the high boy with the 427 sitting between the guys legs , reminded me of a sprint car. If you look hard at the pink Monte you'll notice the quarter panel is buckled because on body twist was same on other side.Had a great first experience.

Last edited by Jeffs02rwdSS; 09-16-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:30 AM
15 Year Member

Hey all, our area has been mostly spared from the hurricane, but many places closer to the rivers and creeks have been flooded out for a while now. Nothing like what is being seen in New Bern & Wilmington though. Be blessed my Monte brethren.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile

Hey all, our area has been mostly spared from the hurricane, but many places closer to the rivers and creeks have been flooded out for a while now. Nothing like what is being seen in New Bern & Wilmington though. Be blessed my Monte brethren.
Well it is good you are Okay, what we see on tv up here you need a raft, water wings and a speed boat just to cross the street??

Old 09-19-2018, 08:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Glad you're ok nitehawkjcb. We had a lot of flooding, roads completely washed out, and a few tornados Monday, luckily no local injuries. Right now there is still 41 roads closed in my county due to damage/washouts from Monday's storms. At least here in the rolling hills of the Piedmont region water drains away quickly. Still, the people down east in NC really do have it bad.Coastal Carolina is so low and flat it takes forever for flooding to recede.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Month of September 2018