Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of November 2017

Old 11-08-2017, 06:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys.

Wow, 29 degrees this morning. The high this Friday isn't even suppose to make it above freezing but other than that our highs are lingering in the low-40s to low-50s for the next week or so. Parts of the U.P. and Northern Lower MI are suppose to get up to 14" of lake effect snow tonight and tomorrow.

Well we brought our new Boston Terrier puppy home Monday so today is day 3 with us! She's been doing pretty well and adjusting great. So the wife and I are busy to say the least!

I still need to do my winter storage routine for the Monte and pull full coverage off of it. And I actually need to do the same to my wife's Mustang too.

Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan got re-elected for a second term.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-08-2017 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member

Afternoon guys.

Porcupine Mountains area of Michigan's U.P. is reporting between 1-2 feet of snow on the ground right now and more predicted.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:58 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Evening everyone!

It sure is cold here in the Detroit/Windsor area. It's been trying to snow in the motor city. But so far only been a few flakes here and there.

Matt... It was nice to see Mayor Duggan re-elected.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Wink Here is one of those that you go "Say What"

Here is one of those that you go "Say What"

Attached Thumbnails Month of November 2017-lower-arm.jpg  
Old 11-14-2017, 08:16 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys, how's everyone's November going?

Our leaves all dropped within a few days so I've been scurrying to get them raked and to the street for final pickup this week.

Our local radio station that plays Christmas music during the holidays started playing it the other day already. Seems like it gets earlier and earlier every year.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member

UGH! My '95 has been in the shop for a whole week now!

Nothing really serious, just a good tune-up job to try and get rid of some bad fuel economy, mild surging, and tendencies to stumble & stall.

They gave it a set of fresh intake manifold gaskets, as well as new cam cover gaskets front & rear (was leaking oil), proper AC Delco spark plugs (the previous owner had Bosch ones put in), and new spark plug wires too (the front three are even red-orange, like the original set was).

But the car's PCM won't talk. It won't give any codes at all -- no help whatsoever. So the guys have to resort to checking & testing the various sensors one at a time, to try to locate and iron out this last wrinkle. It still will stumble & stall (if I don't keep an eye on it) when stopped in traffic.

I like the little shop, they're good guys, but my pre-OBD-II Monte isn't making it easy for them... and I'm starting to miss my beautiful pace car.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member

Well, I got it back the following day. Turns out that one of the main culprits was a bad ground on the oxygen sensor, messing things up. So I've been driving the Monte around some, and the DOHC engine does indeed seem to be in good order now, not doing any of the odd little things it used to, and runs like a top.

(For what I paid, it better run like a top!)

Still have to see how it pulls under wide-open throttle...

At any rate, it's always good to be back in the saddle.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile Oppsy's happen

Originally Posted by Sidestreet
Well, I got it back the following day. Turns out that one of the main culprits was a bad ground on the oxygen sensor, messing things up. So I've been driving the Monte around some, and the DOHC engine does indeed seem to be in good order now, not doing any of the odd little things it used to, and runs like a top.

(For what I paid, it better run like a top!)

Still have to see how it pulls under wide-open throttle...

At any rate, it's always good to be back in the saddle.

Well it is good you got it back and all is well.

I like the little shop as well but my usual one tries to gouge me on occasion so I shop around.
I have been using the local Chevy dealer and they have been as reasonable as the little guy.
About 2 weeks ago I had the radiator flushed I was going to do it myself but didn't have a place for the used antifreeze.
So they have a Service advisor lady that sets up the service work, she wrote it all up on the computer and entered a wrong code for the work.
I thought it was taking a long time so I asked the Forman/parts guy about it.
Instead of a Radiator flush they did a Full Trans service new atf and pan gasket etc. then they did the Radiator flush and a new thermostat.
They didn't charge for the Trans oil change, Wow I was impressed that they did that.
So I will go back there for sure just because I thought that was real honest.
The lady service advisor was a real dummy though.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. "Feels like" 32 degrees this morning. Cut the lawn last night for the last time and the City came by and picked up our leaves too.

@Sidestreet, glad to hear you got the car back and quickly too.

I got the Monte out last night, first time it's started/moved in two months. Been sitting with the tender on it and started up fine. Drove it to work today and will try to drive it as much as I can in the next week or so before it goes into storage.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-17-2017 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Hello Gang!

Well I have had a great weekend with the kids. We spent all day yesterday in the yard playing in the leaves and throwing football. Also split and stacked firewood. Today taking them to Mamas for an early Family Thanksgiving Feast!

My Monte has been running good, but as expected the sticking valve is happening again on cold starts, but only sometimes. It quickly frees up and quietens down. Then I drive. I guess a new engine is in order.

Search this Thread