Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of March 2019

Old 03-01-2019, 07:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow Month of March 2019

Member's Blog
Month of March 2019

In memory of
Barbara Heinz "P343" David Smith "STUMPMI" "BUTCH49"

to our
Monte Carlo Family

The Monte Carlo Forum is a fun automotive family zone for owners
and enthusiasts of all generations of Monte Carlo from 1970 to 2007.

This is a continuous Blog for the whole month. We are online 24/7.
Post and let us know how you are and what you have going on - car
related or not, any member can join our Blog conversation!

If you have not read the Monte Carlo Forum rules, please click the
link below and enjoy your Forum experience

Welcome & Forum Rules

Make a post and let us know that you checked in today! Please
welcome our new members to our Forum and Blog.

Any member can start the MCF Blog after midnight (12 am EST)
on any given 1st of the month. Just copy and change the month/yr
as needed.

(Check with Staff for any other changes to our Blog)

Thank You!

This month's Blog started by
06mistreSS

Old 03-01-2019, 08:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member

Good morning MCForum, about 18 this morning Did I say I hate winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it sucks!

Old 03-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning everyone! Just another winter day here. March is coming in with snow, ice, and cold weather. Hopefully March goes out with a nice spring. Can't wait to see all the great cars come out of hibernation.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Good morning MCF! Nice day here in VA! A little cool but nothing like yalls weather. Gonna be sunny and 60's tomorrow.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member

Good morning guys. Well March is here. 38 degrees today and then back down in the teens and 20s through next week. Hitting the Detroit Autorama today - there's a couple MMCC members in it this year.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member

Afternoon guys.

Was at the 67th An. Detroit Autorama on Saturday. Saw three beautiful Montes. The green first gen was from Delaware and the two black ones are Michigan Monte Carlo Club members - Chris took 1st place in his class with his 1986 SS and Richard took 3rd place in his class with his 1971.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Nice Monte pics!!!

Old 03-06-2019, 05:27 PM

Good evening everyone, I've been hibernating for to long and ready for the sun to melt all this snow. I finally got settled with Chevrolet and returned my 2016 Silverado under the lemon law. It took forever but in the end I did way better than expected. We found a used 2018 Silverado Centennial edition 6.2 liter at a real good price. My wife has enough features that make her feel safe driving and I got , well I got my Monte. Maybe now she will let me buy more parts .

Old 03-07-2019, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member

Good morning guys.

>> Sad news about the NMCOA. If you haven't heard, after the 2019 Nationals in Piqua, OH this June the Club will be ending. The current owners don't want to do it anymore and nobody has stepped up to take over the responsibility - which for that Club is extensive so I'm not totally surprised. That said, this year would be the year to attend! I'll be there and it'd be nice to see everyone for one last hurrah! I have a thread up with all info here > https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/2019-monte-nationals-june-28-30-a-59888/#post716443

Originally Posted by GTHSS View Post
Nice Monte pics!!!
Thank you, always really nice cars at that show.

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS View Post
I finally got settled with Chevrolet and returned my 2016 Silverado under the lemon law. It took forever but in the end I did way better than expected. We found a used 2018 Silverado Centennial edition 6.2 liter at a real good price.
Nice truck. If you don't mind me asking, what was up with your '16 that got it to the 'lemon' situation? I had a '11 Cruze LTZ RS that was giving me intermittent electrical issues for a year or so (radio would randomly start cutting in and out really bad and power steering would glitch on rare occasions since that's electrical powered). Had it to the dealership 3 or 4 times before they called a tech out from GM to look at it. Finally figured out it was something with the battery cabling. At the time, I believe I was one of the first people to deal with that issue because nobody at the dealer knew anything.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS View Post
Nice truck. If you don't mind me asking, what was up with your '16 that got it to the 'lemon' situation? I had a '11 Cruze LTZ RS that was giving me intermittent electrical issues for a year or so (radio would randomly start cutting in and out really bad and power steering would glitch on rare occasions since that's electrical powered). Had it to the dealership 3 or 4 times before they called a tech out from GM to look at it. Finally figured out it was something with the battery cabling. At the time, I believe I was one of the first people to deal with that issue because nobody at the dealer knew anything.
Well Matt it was the dumbest thing you could think of , the TPMS. We basically had a issue from the first month we purchased the truck new. The sensors kept going off telling us we had between 1-4 flat tires. After numerous times trying to repair it was a lost cause. In total the put 8 wheel sensors , a door lock sensor ( yep its part of the TPMS ) and not sure what they did final time but they managed to stop the light from staying on but not coming on. Last repair took 25 days. At the end Chevrolet offered to buy the truck back at full purchase price , they lost that offer then offered me $2000 after I accepted the prior offer and finally re-offered to buy back. At the end of the story I was charged $33.58 to drive the truck for 3 years.

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.