Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of February 2019

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 07:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
I'd recommend an 06/07 SS but I'm biased. They're good cars if you can find the right one. I've seen a lot plagued with problems but a lot of others that aren't. Do your research and get yourself familiar with them and their common potential issues - a few are the transmission, oil burning, hvac blend actuator clicking and quarter panel rust (which is really all 2000-07 Montes). A lot of the ones I see with problems are people that beat on them. Don't limit yourself for the right car and don't settle on the first one unless it IS a good car. I'd recommend one still with 5-digit mileage (the lower the better). I looked at two black ones, the second being the one I have now. I ended up going 4.5 and 3 hours out of state to look at those two because I found a lot of the ones in Michigan were priced high. I've owned mine for 8.5 years now and have personally put 34k miles on it during my ownership (the car's now at 95k). If you'd like any input or have questions, etc. don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks Matt!

Old 02-11-2019, 08:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Question Winter is lasting to long this year.

Well today was a frizzle day Freezing drizzle most of the day and then a bit of snow. man I am sick of winter.
So the Torrent was getting around fairly well this morning but would seem to heat up.
I forgot that when you try to use the electric defrosters it cools the heat in the thing for some reason.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys.

We're under a winter weather advisory until 3pm tomorrow. Had snow and sleet overnight and now freezing rain coming down pretty good, turning into mostly rain this afternoon and then back to more snow tonight.

Aaand that means another one of these mornings... and today's by far the worst conditions I've dealt with so far this winter. I question if road crews have even cleared anything yet - most areas are completely covered over with 2-5" of soupy mess which is making it hard to maintain speed and a straight line. Stay safe out there!

Current radar:

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 02-12-2019 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Cool Good morning everyone!

Good morning everyone! The Sun is shinning this morning, that is something that will improve you entire day.
I did see we have a winner in the January photo contest. I have put a new Certificate in the thread. Check it out and Congrats to Matt and the kool shot that everyone liked.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ge...0537-new-post/

Old 02-13-2019, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. I see I took home the latest photo contest - thank you!

Yet another snowy, slick, slow commute this morning! Had a band of pretty heavy snow setup right along where I commute so it was coming down pretty good my entire drive. My last two morning commutes have totaled 3 hr 10 min combined.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Here in Central NE it is 19 degrees this morning. the Sun was out yesterday and it did melt off some of the ice on the driveway.
Today it is supposed to get up to 40 sometime around noon which will help melt this junk off.
So now that I am retired I don't need to be concerned about the trip to work.
I just need to make sure I stay out of Mrs. Bickersons line of sight. It's kind of like being in School and the teacher is always watching so see who the trouble makers are. So for some reason she has taken on that roll. Maybe next semester I can get a new teacher.
Reminds me of the one in high school that I had.
When they invented the Mini-Skirt she took it upon herself to make sure it was properly introduced, and all us boys in her class enjoyed that dedication.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Good morning everyone, and Happy Valentines day, if you have your favorite valentine make sure you don't for get about that.
Yesterday it got pretty nice here up in the 50's melted a lot of the ice away from earlier in the week.
Still it is difficult to enjoy just one day.
The weather has been so unusual that planning for anything could be difficult for sure.
Today some wind then prepare for another snow event Friday and Saturday. to crazy!

Old 02-17-2019, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Well we got a few inches of snow this weekend. Now it can warmup and go away until next year.

This was a shot out the back door this morning you can see how much snow we got here 4 to 5 inches for sure.

They still haven't plowed the front of the street.

Looks pretty and now the sun is shinning

Old 02-18-2019, 07:19 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys.

Dean, I think what you got moved over us. We got over 4-5" as well, yesterday and overnight - still snowing a bit now. Roads were bad again this morning - very slow, saw a lot of spin outs. People drive like idiots and I'm getting tired of it.

And Denny Hamlin won the Daytona 500. At least it wasn't Cryer Busch. Wreckhouse threading a needle into a hole that wasn't there took out Harvick late - like Jeff Gordon said, "it's late in the race and you don't lift but sometimes you just have to lift".

Nascar Monster Energy Top 10 points after Daytona
52 - #11 Denny Hamlin
52 - #22 Joey Logano
45 - #18 Kyle Busch
39 - #17 Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
35 - #20 Erik Jones
35 - #88 Alex Bowman
33 - #42 Kyle Larson
33 - #48 Jimmy Johnson
32 - #34 Michael McDowell
32 - #13 Ty Dillon
32 - #2 Brad Keselowski

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 02-18-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member

Yeah, I could hardly believe those final dozen laps at this year's Daytona race:
One giant crash (OH MAN, that was a big one), then a restart;
Another crash, and another restart;
And yet another crash & restart! (As if they couldn't help it.)

Really, at these superspeedways, the winner gets to the finish line by sheer luck as much as driving skill. An honest driver will admit it, and I think some of them do.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Month of February 2019