Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Monte Carlo VS GM Headquarters

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 06:22 AM
3 Year Member
Default Monte Carlo VS GM Headquarters

Crazy Man Crashes Chevy Into GM Headquarters

Crazy Man Crashes Chevy Into GM Headquarters

At about 2 PM yesterday afternoon, a man in a filthy 6th-gen Chevrolet Monte Carlo drove into the front revolving doors of GM's headquarters in Detroit, the Renaissance Center. The Ren Cen, as it's known to close friends, suffered damage to some glass panels on the front and one of the main revolving doors.
The man's excuse is both crazy and perfectly sensible.<!-- %JUMP:More &raquo;% -->
At first one might simply think GM had issued a remote recall of some kind, causing her automotive children to return home and dock with the mothership, but the fact that this Chevy was the only one to make the attempt pretty much rules that out. That, and there is no car docking port in the pedestrian entrance, and because, you know, revolving door.
According to those at the scene, the incident started with a simple accident where the driver of the Monte Carlo was attempting to turn around in the circular driveway and slightly tapped the building, causing a crack in the glass. While waiting for the police to arrive to file a report about the damage, the driver, a 26 year old man, was becoming agitated. Local blogger Ferndale 115 reports that
"A witness said the man told the guard that if he was going to jail for hitting the building that he may as well drive right through it..."
This, of course, seems like great thinking to get the most out of those insurance premiums, cleverly turning a forgettable driving mishap into an actual event. A plan in mind, the man drove right into the revolving door, damaging its frame and shattering several of the large glass panels that make up the Ren Cen's exterior. Mission accomplished!
The driver is now in police custody. GM has not issued a statement mentioning if it is disappointed in the Monte Carlo's disrespect to its mother.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

If ever you are not satisfied with one of our...

Old 06-26-2012, 06:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

WOW that deude was short a cyl. or two

Old 06-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zipper
If ever you are not satisfied with one of our...
How many people know the commercial he's referencing?

BTW... Didn't we already have this thread not too long ago? Or am I thinking of a different site?

Old 06-26-2012, 03:44 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by Taz

BTW... Didn't we already have this thread not too long ago? Or am I thinking of a different site?
We had a thread not long ago on it lol

Old 06-26-2012, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
We had a thread not long ago on it lol
I was going to say the same thing lol.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:58 PM

I was going to post that it's already been posted, but I've done the same thing & can't remember `if I posted something b-4

I thought I would not delete the this thread because we have many new member's , that may have not seen the story & the dude that drove his Monte in2 the GM Hqs (LOL)
So just

LOL `Mike (JG), here's 2 more ladies to put in2 your `sig Do you chew DoubleMint Gum ? (LOL)...Doesn't it make you wanta blow some bubbles (LOL) ? 2 double your pleasures & your `Fun

Old 06-26-2012, 04:22 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

haha Space that gives me an idea i work with twins so maybe ill have a new sig pic

Old 06-26-2012, 06:32 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz

I get it. And I alwys wonder how many people are going to jail, and what argument does the said company really have? I mean ,they told you to do it, and depicted someone returning items in that manner, so they encouraged it.....