Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, October 24, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Today is a day of New for me, after having lunch i still have an hour gap til my next class, guess ill spend some quality time with the Monte until i find Better use for this hour

Old 10-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi all, not a lot going on here, ended up not going up north went on the cruise Sunday which F body guys will like, thread under sights and sounds with pics

Old 10-24-2011, 12:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!!!!

Old 10-24-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Sparky, how far do you live from Lynchburg? (I'm running the mobile version of the site so I can't see locations) I live in Murfreesboro myself. Out of town for training right now. May be headed out of state again shortly after I get home if I do change units and reclass. Seriously considering combat medic. That way I could use that to get my EMT certification and everything.
I'm near Huntsville, AL, about 55 miles south of Lynchburg, about an hours drive. Combat Medic is an honorable calling. It would go along nicely with your EMT cert / experience. I was a Signal weenie in the Army for about 22 years. Retired in Fall of 2009.

Last edited by Sparky-88; 10-24-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:52 PM

Hey all... missed you guys lately...
john... is it a JDM integra? (Sad thhat I might know that) or a cd5 accord (imleaning toward the teg)

Hey space, how are things?
hey drew... how's everything for you?

I changed the rear struts on my car yesterday... MAN were they bad.

The driver strut, I grabbed with two fingers and could move it however I wanted... the right one, I had a problem setting down, but it wouldn't come back out on its own

Old 10-24-2011, 02:44 PM

Sparky, on my way back from Mississippi I will be going through huntsville on Friday. I'll be hitting the backroads that last leg going home. Combat Medic is just one that I'm considering. I'm already CLS qualified and don't get grossed out easily. Heck, I thought seeing the pictures from my shoulder surgery was awesome. So it wouldn't be a huge step for me. Just would depend on what's available in units around me. Figure that would be an MOS where slots are readily available, and having multiple MOS's would look good as far as having more skills.

Dustin, I'm doing alright, ready to go home so I can get the ball rolling on transferring and MOS reclass (if need be)

Old 10-24-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Sparky, on my way back from Mississippi I will be going through huntsville on Friday. I'll be hitting the backroads that last leg going home. Combat Medic is just one that I'm considering. I'm already CLS qualified and don't get grossed out easily. Heck, I thought seeing the pictures from my shoulder surgery was awesome. So it wouldn't be a huge step for me. Just would depend on what's available in units around me. Figure that would be an MOS where slots are readily available, and having multiple MOS's would look good as far as having more skills.
Cool! Wave as you pass downtown Huntsville; that's where I'll be.

You Army Reserve? What MOS are you currently?

Old 10-24-2011, 03:07 PM

I'm currently Army Reserve and 92Y (hence my screen name). My problem is I cannot for the life of me get my unit to actually let me deploy, and I will need combat experience to help me get rank further on down the road. As you probably know, it's very difficult to get E7 or above coming from Supply. That's where another MOS may be useful. So I'm going to find a unit that will deploy me. In my current unit, if you're not a Drill Sergeant or a Drill Sgt Candidate, you can't get crap. I was lucky to get the school I'm at now.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:06 PM

Supply Sgt don't be too disappointed that you don't see combat. Your current MOS may not be exciting and you may not get the rank you want but on the flip side you stay safe and breathing has its benefits. Another way to get rank is to get your bachelors degree and apply for OCS. Retirement bennes are better too.
There isn't much going on here today. Playing with the computer and downloading music to my I-phone.
I hit 600 posts today. Never thought I would do that when I joined the site at the end of August. I hope everybody is having a good day. Weather wise it is perfect here today. I could take this all year.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry Space, not a 240...

Sorry Chibi, I cannot accept that answer, nice try though

Originally Posted by augi
Hey all... missed you guys lately...
john... is it a JDM integra? (Sad thhat I might know that) or a cd5 accord (imleaning toward the teg)
You, my good sir, are correct.

Good game!

Til next time....

Edit - I <3 when people hate on JDM cars

Last edited by nitehawkjcb; 10-24-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, October 24, 2011