Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, June 27, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 06:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Way to go BlazedSS, Thats as good as first in my book. We arent going to beat a Viper.
I lost by only 7 votes the had to do a recount twice LOL

Old 06-27-2011, 06:06 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by augi
That's quitter talk... just wait, a monte will beat a viper... one day
I hear that man!! He should have been in the muscle car class I would think . but what ever
congrats lisa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2011, 06:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Muscle class for sure, there was one at the show I went too and it was I think 505HP. Thats definately muscle.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:13 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

yup a little more HP than what I have with my v6 but the guy was cool to talk to and we hung out at the show for the last hour at least it was not some jerk that i could not stand beating me

Old 06-27-2011, 06:47 PM

Hi all. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I've been away for a few days and may have to take a few more days break from the forum. I just wanted to stop in and let everyone know I'm still around.
It was a very bad weekend here, one of the worst. Saturday, my boxer Daisy took a turn for the worse. I've known for weeks that she was dying but she actually improved for about 2 weeks after the vet prescribed prednisone, a steroid. I'm actually just glad she held on long enough for my wife to come home from the hospital and spend one more quality week with all of us, as a family. We had to have her put to sleep today.
Also, Saturday a 10 year old classmate of my oldest daughter drowned in the bathtub. An autopsy was to be performed today, because 10 is a little old to simply drown in a bathtub. She may have slipped, knocked herself out, had a seizure, who knows. I wouldn't suspect foul play, her father is a Pennsylvania State Trooper. My daughter was close to this girl.
On top of all this, my wife is still battling leukemia. She's home for now, but not out of the woods yet. She will need week long treatments of leukemia once a month for 4 months and/or they would like to do a bone marrow transplant. Unfortunately, she doesn't have any brothers or sisters, so they will have to seek outside donors.
Looking back, I actually had a pretty happy life til I injured my hand back in December. Its been nothing bad bad luck ever since.
Please don't see this as a plea for pity. I just don't have that many people I can vent to.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Kerry Sorry to hear about your daughters classmate, Everything has a way of working out..

Old 06-27-2011, 09:29 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Happy B-Day Mike! Congrats on the 2nd place win Keith!
I had an interview for my dream job. I'm not holding my breath though.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:46 PM

Kerry, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Its so sad to hear about your daughters friend. Give your wife a hug and tell her its from all of us thinking about your family and praying for you.

Keith congrats man. Things are almost ready to slow down here, hopefully I can come hang out with you one of these days at a show.

Amy, stay positive you will get your dream job soon.

Space, thanks for the words this morning. Got a lot done on the house. Looks like I should be able to move the stuff from my parents house out there tomorrow.

Have a good night all.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:52 PM

Kerry - so sorry, man. You and your family have had a rough time lately to say the least. That's awful about your daughter's friend. I can't even imagine what that family is going through.

My wife went through cancer treatment about 15 years ago. It was hard on the whole family. Hang tough. I'll keep your wife and family in my prayers.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:02 PM

Happy Birthday Mike! Thanks for all your help!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, June 27, 2011