Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, July 18, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone! Back from the ocean, and boy am I burned lol. I hate this Irish skin sometimes. At work with a bottle of aloe lol.

Space, I saw there's a hurricane forming? Nothing too close or destructive I hope?

Old 07-18-2011, 07:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you all had a good weekend.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning all, doctors appt this morning then it is time to paint the trim on the house it will be done. I will post a pic later for your viewing pleasure. Next will be to finish the inside of the house.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Good morning everyone! Back from the ocean, and boy am I burned lol. I hate this Irish skin sometimes. At work with a bottle of aloe lol.

Space, I saw there's a hurricane forming? Nothing too close or destructive I hope?

Hi `Mike, you should really protect your skin...Sun damage is bad...Great that you are using aloe (It's good & restores the moisture in your skin & helps heal...

Thanks 4 your concerns on the hurricane forming...It's projected to miss `us, but who can believe the weatherMan/Women on predictions .
The Bum's & I have 2 get 2gether & finished putting on the hurricane shutters for our senior citizen friends...We are suppose to have a active season this year
The price one pays 2 live in paradise
===============================
Hi Teacher, what R U going to he doctor's for ? Hope it's to get a energy shot Look forward to seeing pic's of your home in the mountains...How do you like living there ?
Oh, it was great to read that you went to the Horse track & came home with more $'s then you left with
You needed/deserved some good luck...EnJoy your `day..
===============================
OK, it's someone else's turn to post....Yes, it's you reading this

Old 07-18-2011, 09:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Oh, I use sunscreen, and I use it often. But when you are as pale as a ghost it just doesn't help! No matter what I do I will get burned. It's just something I'm sadly used to

I'm glad that it is projected to miss, I saw it's supposed to travel up the coast, I just wasn't sure how close it currently is while it's forming, I know those winds can alter the weather unpredictably.

I hope the season isn't terrible! Although so far this year the weather has been awful. Good of you to get the hurricane shutters for senior citizens, but don't forget to take all the precautions for yourself too!!

Old 07-18-2011, 10:10 AM

Thanks again Mod `Mike. The weather dudes try to predict the storms, but I don't think anyone can predict Mother Nature <~> She has a Mind of her own & she goes wherever she wants 2 4-Sure...
I've lived through many Hurricanes & bad tropical storms, but the worst is when you are out at sea when they happen..
Below is infor on the latest:
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=ts><TBODY><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; WIDTH: 80px; PADDING-RIGHT: 8px; FONT-SIZE: 78%; PADDING-TOP: 3px" vAlign=top>
<CITE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px">USA Today</CITE> <TD vAlign=top><CITE>Daytona Beach News-Journal</CITE> - 8 hours ago- Block all www.news-journalonline.com results

Not helpful? You can block The Daytona Beach News-Journal results when you're signed in to search.The Daytona Beach News-Journal

... of the 2011 hurricane season, Tropical Storm Bret, formed off Florida's ... uses to forecast storms called for Bret to strengthen into a hurricane, ...
p.s. the season does not end until the end of Nov 11
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old 07-18-2011, 10:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

good morning all I hope you had a good weekend I took the weekend of with the wife and I feel so much better !!
I think I am going to try a life style change and change my eating habbits so I feel better and start walking more. I have been feeling drained allot lately and just not my self.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:22 AM

Hey guys... I'm eating lunch now... the lady got some deli meat and I made a nice sandich with it and hot sauce...

Old 07-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member

afternoon all, another hot one here today...

Old 07-18-2011, 12:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
afternoon all, another hot one here today...
man I dont know what to think about the weather out here today is the hotest it is going to be all week at 79* this is the coolest summer we have had out here in the 10 years I have been here.I know that my family in nebraska has been telling me how hot it has been. Try to stay cool man !!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, July 18, 2011