Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, April 15, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hopefully a local vinyl place can fix it up for you for cheap

Old 04-15-2013, 11:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Thanks Space. The bank is no help. They have the park at your own risk policy in their lot.

The piece of the stripes he/she hit is the longest piece. Last price I heard for that piece was $1000 or more. But that was a while ago. Don't know what the price is now. Or if the stripes are even still available.
Sorry to hear that Taz. I makes my blood boil when I hear that crap . I once cahsed a guy on my Motorcycle to get his plate #. He hit a car with his truck as he backed up. He did get out and look at it. Then took off! The cops got him a day later. Not sure since it was a HIT & RUN if the OPP will be able to help you! But its worth a TRY! $$ doesn't grow on trees. I'd sure give them a visit to see .. GOOD LUCK Lou ...

Old 04-15-2013, 11:09 AM

1 Year Member

Hey Taz. You could check E bay or maybe a member on here can help Lou find the stripes he needs. One member helping another in time of need Or check Craigs list is an option also. Hope this gives you some leads

Old 04-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I'm gonna try to save the stripes that are on the car now. Replacing is a last resort obviously.

I've said before, if it got to the point where I have to spend $1000 of more for the vinyl stripes, I'd look into getting them painted on and then cleared.

But I'm gonna see what I can do with this first.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Good morning. Just had someone scrape my driver door in the parking lot at the bank. Didn't see who it was. Just came back to find my door scraped. The red paint part of my door can be buffed out. Not sure if my Dale Jr stripes can be saved.
Damn that sucks!!!! what ******!

That decal isn't as much as you think
DECAL. Front Side Door. DECALS/BODY (DALE EARNHART JR EDITION DEJ). Chevrolet # 88980946

Old 04-15-2013, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Hopefully a local vinyl place can fix it up for you for cheap
Hi `Mike, it's worth checking 4-Sure...
Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
Damn that sucks!!!! what ******!

That decal isn't as much as you think
DECAL. Front Side Door. DECALS/BODY (DALE EARNHART JR EDITION DEJ). Chevrolet # 88980946
\
Thanks `Jen for your link (that's a better price 4-Sure)...Yes, Taz goes 2 the bank to deposit $100 & then find his Monte get's over $500 + damage....Somedays (many days) it's better just staying in bed

`Lou, I hope that you can get it repaired a a low price..Good Luck
========================
Good Morning `Rick, I hope you had a super weekend & a super new day...
Wish everyone a safe/happy new day > EnJoy

* I'm just about finished with work It's been a long night & morning....4-Sure....Happy new afternoon everyOne

Last edited by Space; 04-15-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:20 AM

1 Year Member

I got all caught up in Taz's troubles. I forgot to say Hello to everyone thism morning GOOD MORNING EVERYONE . Got a nice sunny day to start my day off with. Got to let the dogs out at my brother in laws again today. I think this is the last day. 34 miles round trip For just a an hour with 2 dogs. But they are so cute and happy to see us. Make it worth while to sit and play with them while the wife makes their food and gives them clean cool water. Then I was told were cleaning windows on the park model today Oh gee makes me so happy . Got up later this morning 8 am WTF!!!! I was awaked at 11 pm and told to go to bed. Then I remember waking up at 1:30 am on the couch . Then got a cool drink and cheked the doors and finally got into bed . Ok got to hit the shower and get this party movin . Dave I HOPE your feelin better today . And Taz I hope everything works out with your Monte Moorning Space. Great to see you and read your morning posts !!! Looks like more **** headed for North Dakota and Minn by the end of the week . I still have just over 2 weeks before we head north to home. Last year at this time I was home on the riding lawn tractor cutting grass . Not sure what in store for us when we get back home this yr . OK gotta run...........Make it a good one today

Old 04-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Maybe they were quoting me a price for all the stripes instead of just the door. It's good to hear it's no where near what they told me. Thanks Jen.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Maybe they were quoting me a price for all the stripes instead of just the door. It's good to hear it's no where near what they told me. Thanks Jen.
your welcome

Old 04-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Got good news at work, won the weekly 50/50

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, April 15, 2013