Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, 12/12/11

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

just a quick hello friends. Lunch break at the office.... Hope everyone is having a good day!

Old 12-12-2011, 12:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lunch also Tadd did you see the trailer to Battleship same people that made transformers
made this looks cool.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

afternoon all, swapped headlight bulbs gonna give em a try tonight after work. I had a couple monte issues that i'll have to make a topic about. And i also too my horizon out for a spin, love drivin that car, great city car as it has amazing visibility and good turning

Old 12-12-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by augi
Ever had the feeling you may vomit any given time? That's the feeling I'm experiencing.
Ew... I was having a late lunch. Now I'm not feeling so hungry. Hope you feel better soon, Dustin.

Space - Good to see you online again. Nice of BeachBum Mike to bring his computer over for you. And for starting the Blog today. Give him a pat on the back for me.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:48 PM

Afternoon guys. I'm up and trying to get completely woken up. Gotta go into work early tonight. Just the temps so apparently the chick who does our paperwork for the temp agency needs to talk to us about something.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:20 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by Ashley.Marie
And Mike, if you want to get rid of your ss let me know!
I found my silver SS but havnt found my red one yet lol ikn its somewhere in my tool box wen i do find it u can have it if u need it & thats the same guy i got mine from i paid $49 lol

Old 12-12-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by augi
Hey all, checkin in on my lunch. Exhausted today, on top of that, not feeling so well.
Ever had the feeling you may vomit any given time? That's the feeling I'm experiencing.
Dustin I think something is going around. Susan was that way the other day. She had an upset stomach. She figured if she went to the bathroom she would feel better. She was sitting on the john and with no warning at all she was vomiting. It is a good thing that the sink is really close to the toilet. In my bathroom you can reach the sink from the toilet. She was feeling better yesterday and is back to normal today. Well yesterday when we got home from Disney it was my turn. Almost feels like a hangover. Only problem is I didn't drink. I hope to be back to normal tomorrow.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:40 PM

I felt like that the other day but my problem was dehydration. They moved one of the stations and have refused to put a fan there and even as much water as I drink I'm apparently sweating out more water than I can take in. It wasn't so bad last night but lately it's had an effect on me. I keep asking them to put a fan in there and they say they can't find one to put there. Ugh.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mels SS
Lunch also Tadd did you see the trailer to Battleship same people that made transformers
made this looks cool.
No I didn't sounds kool though

Old 12-12-2011, 05:36 PM

I was feeding Ariel this morning. She smiled at me for the first time. She is starting to play the tougnue game. You stick yours out and she does the same. On Thursday Ariel will be six weeks old. It doesn't seem possible. Time flies.
Susan has her mid term at school tonight. I drove her to school so that she could study during the 50 minute drive. Six more months of school and she will be done. I can't wait. This school is such a joke.
The school is the HVAC apprenticeship for Disney. Disney does the On Job Training which also has issues. The school part is done by the local union. This is Local 803 Orlando Florida Plumbers and Pipe Fitters. The apprenticeship classes they offer to the construction trades isn't so bad. If you work for Disney they treat us like red headed step children. The training is subpar and less than adequate. I was in this apprenticeship a few years. I complained about it and was trying to make changes. They didn't care for my complaints and input. They terminated my apprenticeship at the beginning of the fourth year of a four year apprenticeship. I had to scramble at work to keep a job. Fortunately I was well liked at work and my manager told me what I needed to do to stay employed at Disney in engineering doing a different job. The union got involved and told Disney they they wanted me terminated and severed from the company. This is a labor union doing this. While doing the apprenticeship classes I was also taking classes at the local trade school in HVAC training. The union was also fighting me on this. The union classes are under the umbrella of the Orange County Public Schools and I was trying to attend Mid-Florida Tech which is part of the Orange County School System. I ended up having to meet with the school dean to be able to attend classes. I ended up finishing classes at Mid Florida Tech and graduated the program. I then applied to Disney to get my old job back and the union once again got involved and said that because I didn't finish the apprenticeship I wasn't eligible to be employed at Disney as a HVAC Journeyman mechanic. Disney denied my request. I appealed that decision a few times following the proper chain of command that in my case went thru the apprenticeship committee. Everytime it got to that level my request was denied. I finally got sick of that and decided that if going from the bottom to the top on the chain of command didn't work, what is the worst thing that could happen if I started at the top of the chain and worked my way down? Worst case scenerio is I would be fired or reprimanded but I decided it was worth the risk. I wrote a letter to Al Weiss who was the president of Walt Disney World at the time. He tool an interest in my plight and responded saying that he would investigate my issues. He talked to the union as well as the Disney officials I had been trying to work with. He determined that there was wrong doing on my part because I had not done everything the union told me to do when told to do so. I blew off profiecientcy exams at the end of my third year. At that time these exams were not mandatory. They made them mandatory retroactively when I didn't attend and that was their excuse for my termination. He also determined that the union was also in the wrong because they denied me due process to appeal before the committee. After his investigation was done I was told I had to wait one year after my apprenticeship class graduated. After that time had passed I could then apply for a journeyman job and if qualified I was to be hired. The union appealed that decision and lost. The union has pretty much lost at everything they have gone up against me on and they have had to make some changes and Disney has changed some of their policies due to all this. I am a hated man the this local.
Last April Susan had to go to profiecentcy exams. She forgot about them and when a friend called and asked where she was so raced to Orlando. The director of the union met her at the door and told her you are late and go home. Before she turned to leave he said to her that if she was to be allowed to continue she would have to repeat her fourth year of apprenticeship. She was two hours late. She had only three weeks of apprenticeship left and would have been a journeyman. This year she has been harrassed over her pregnancy at the hall.it is unbelievable. I think they are giving her a hard time because of trying to get back at me. It sucks.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, 12/12/11