Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Mod Wiz Mag vs G/P's Vette : )

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:50 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Mod Wiz Mag vs G/P's Vette : )

[align=center]Hi `Member's[/align][align=center]My G/P just got a 04 Corvette from a friend for a super
price. It's the best car that he has ever owned. He
is happier driving his oldwork van then the Vette: )
He's not into material things, but could not refuse
the deal that he got. I'm so freak'in happy 4 him,
oh...., and me 2[8D]
I got to drive `it with him the other day,
and all I could do was smile : ) It's a awesome car,
and I can't believe it averages over 24 MPG's : )
I can only imagine the power of a Z06 or the
new ZR-1 WoW ~ Wee [8D]4- double Sure : )
He gave me the extra set of keys, so that I can clean
it & maintain `it : ) It's stored in his garage : )
He's out again @ sea : ) He said I can take my g/f
for a ride this weekend : )
Below are Road Test of the Dodge Magnum/Charger
for Mod `Wiz, and for member's.
When Mod `Wiz comes down to Orlando, we will have to
go to Orlando Motor Speedway & line his Magnum
`up against my G/P's Vette : )
[:-]

-all options/auto 10K miles-
web pic
[:-]
Below are Road Test of the
Charger/Magnum/Vette
2006 Dodge Charger Police Cruiser

ENGINE: 5.7 liter Hemi V8
HORSEPOWER: 340
TORQUE: 390 lb feet
0-60 mph: 6.1 seconds
1/4 Mile: 14.8 seconds @ 97 mph
60-0 mph: 130 feet
For almost as long as police officers have patrolled American highways, police cruisers have traditionally been big V8 powered, rear-wheel drive sedans. But since 1989, Chrysler group hasn't had a suitable recruit, leaving the small but attention getting business to its Detroit rivals. Well now there's a new sheriff in town. It's the Dodge Charger Police Package, and it puts "protect and serve" back in the Mopar vocabulary.
After years of Ford and Chevrolet dominating the police car ranks there's a new law on the road. Like a classic symbol of American muscle, the 2006 Dodge Charger Police Package is ready to be the next great crime fighting machine. The rear drive Police Charger has inducted two different civilian engines for two different patrol landscapes.
The city-dwelling police units will likely opt for the 3.5 liter V-6, with 250 horses and 250 pound-feet of torque.
[/align][align=center][font="times new roman"][size=4]But it's the expressway units that have the true need for speed. For them, it's the Charger R/T's 5.7 liter Hemi V8, pumping out a chase-worthy 340 horsepower and 390 pound-feet of torque.
A high-output alternator and external oil coolers set this Charger apart even further. No need for taxpayers to fret though - this Hemi handcuffs 4 of 8 cylinders while cruising to save fuel.
But when it's time to shoot out of the hole, it's all systems go. Our Hemi cruiser fired from 0-60 in 6.1 seconds and smoked the quarter mile in 14.8 seconds at 97 miles per hour. This pursuit power is governed by traction control and a five-speed automatic transmission with manual mode. It shifts with authority, ready to endure the daily abuses of police driving.
And abuse it we did. On the closed track of the Maryland Driver Training Facility for law enforcement, we pushed this police cruiser to its high performance limits. Feeling clearly large, the Charger aptly took command of the road. Attacking corners with precision, it stayed very flat with little body ro

Old 05-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Default RE: Mod Wiz Mag vs G/P's Vette : )

[align=center]Below is a pic of what `Space is driving for now.[/align][align=center]It's like the pic below, it's a 98 Honda Accord with 114K miles.[/align][align=center]I'm using `it until I find the right Monte Carlo for me that I can afford.[/align][align=center]It's a decent car & I will baby `it 4 Sure.[/align][align=center]It's great to have trusting people in my life...4-Sure : )[/align][align=center]I wish I had the `Vette, but I'm just really/really happy 2 have a `ride 4 now : )[/align][align=center]I plan on being back in a Monte Carlo soon : )[/align][align=center][:-]`SpaceSurf'in Ride [:-][/align][align=center][/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/36C259D6810B4B77ABA4B7C31019F968.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

lol! space! i'll be racin you for sure haha

i think i have mine up to about 360hp right now, i want to get it up to about 425 with either (shaker hood or cold air intake) and a programmer

Old 05-02-2008, 10:44 AM

LOL ~ LOL `Mod Wiz,
You are late getting to the MCF this morning : )
You missed the Morning MCF Breakfast : ) LOL ~ LOL
I think RJ., cooked this morning : )
What's your Excuse this time ?
Had to feed the babies : ) ? Was `up late, play'in games all nite : )
It's good to have you back on the MCF 4-Sure : )
It would be Super to line the Mag & Vette `up for fun.
With the price of fuel, I don't know how many Mod's
anyone can afford to do anymore : (
Wish U & the reader of this a Happy `Day,
Peace, from `Space

Old 05-02-2008, 11:37 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like the Vette alot and right now my money is on it.

I can't believe there is a car club of the Dodge Chargers, Magmums, and 300Cs. How I know is I saw it on TV.

Maybe my father should have kept his HEMI 300C so he too could be in this car club?

PS. Hope everyone like the breakfast I cooked this morning?
[sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 05-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Nevermind numbers and stats.
Line 'em up and let's go!
[sm=gears.gif]

Old 05-02-2008, 08:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Wow space, your grandpa's a lucky guy. I wondered why you had a corvette picture in your signature. Why not put that honda in your sig. No need to be ashamed, it has 4 wheels, runs and drives and is all yours.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:46 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: mrl390

Wow space, your grandpa's a lucky guy. I wondered why you had a corvette picture in your signature. Why not put that honda in your sig. No need to be ashamed, it has 4 wheels, runs and drives and is all yours.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Hi `Matt, yes my grandfather got the Vette from a friend of his that needed[/align][align=center]to get a bigger car for his handicap. It's in showroom condition & never[/align][align=center]had been abused, until I drove `it : ) lol ~ lol.[/align][align=center]My g/p likes `it, but he's not in2 fancy cars. He said he's happier driving[/align][align=center]his Company work van : ) He gave me the extra set of keys : ) & I [/align][align=center]get to use `it, but honestly, I'm nervous driving `it : ), but I'll get over it : )[/align][align=center]I wish it were mine : ) The Honda is not mine either, it's another one of my g/p's[/align][align=center]friends that we took care of untilwe got himinto a senior's nursing care center.[/align][align=center]I've known him all of my `life, & he's a super older `friend. It's[/align][align=center]sad to see someone you care for decline with age : (, but his mind is strong,[/align][align=center]and he's a good man, and highly decorated veteran.[/align][align=center]He gave methe keys to usehis old Honda to drive it &maintain `it until he recovers from a [/align][align=center]hip replacement, and other medical problems. I just have to maintain `it[/align][align=center]and keep a rider policy insurance on it.[/align][align=center]No, I'm not ashamed of `it @ all : ) I'm just happy to have a ride...4-Sure.[/align][align=center]My g/p did say that I could take the Vette to the track to time `it,[/align][align=center]but `if he heard of me hot rodd'in on the streets, the keys will be taken away.[X(][/align][align=center]He knows, and has taught me to respect other people's property & I do..4-Sure.[/align][align=center]I've just finished pay'in a large sum$'s [X(]for my street racing nightmare : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Liv'in & Learn'in the hard way...zometimes : )[/align][align=center]Street Rac'in can be a very Expensive $$$Experience/Lesson : ([/align][align=center]The Track is where 2 `Race 4-Sure : )[/align][align=center]Mod `Wiz, tune `up that Hemi [/align][align=center]I think I'll slip on a bottle : )[/align][align=center][sm=nxsmile.gif][/align][align=center]LOL ~ LOL[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][font="times new roman"][size=3][i]

Old 05-03-2008, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member

i just gave the local vette guy in town a go today with my magnum oooh that was fun, it was even the hole way up the road, then @ about 75 mph the magnum pulled a little on him i think by the time we were @ 100mph i had a fender on him, and that was with my 22's

no either he just doesn't know how to drive or both cars were just evenly matched

lol space! @ not being on in the morning, that was friday and we were insanely busy @ work that day for the first 2 hours, so by 10 i finally got a chance to get on, but dont worry, i was thinkin about you lol

Old 05-03-2008, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member

but we'll line em up space this guy's was only a 2000 vette, so maybe its in worse shape, i dunno...all i know is that the magnum is the fastest car i've ever been in, i've never been in a vette

Quick Reply: Mod Wiz Mag vs G/P's Vette : )