Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Miracles DO happen

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 03:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Miracles DO happen

We tend to share a lot of emotional things on this forum, deaths, sickness, wrecks, births, etc. I'm pumped after what happened this week, so I'm going to share it with you.

We attend a small Church here in SW MI, about 130-150 in Church on any given Sunday. When I lost my son back on Mar 1, 2007, (I lost my daughter 16 years ago at age 13), the Pastor there, Pastor Bill, was there for us both. He spent countless hours with us. Not only him, but the Church welcomed us with open arms, hugs and kisses. They STILL do! It's just the way we are there.

Pastor Bill, age 36, was diagnosed with luekemia this spring, and was told he needed a bone marrow transplant to survive it. But he is 1/2 Korean, adopted and brought over here at age 5. Donors typically are close relatives, paternal twins prefered. Mayo Clinic gave him a 1 in 20 million odds of finding a suitable donor. So we prayed. And prayed. And prayed. Guess what? Within about a month or so, they called him and said they had a donor. Not just a donor, but one that matched 10 out of 10 on a criteria list, plus same gender, plus same blood type! Basically 12 for 12! THANK YOU LORD!

Well, after going thru severe chemo, he had the transplant at Mayo Clinic on September 10. The donors blood (actually derived from stem cells?) was SO strong, they only need half of what was taken, freezing the other half just in case for the future. 15 minute transfusion instead of 1 1/2 hrs. THANK YOU LORD!

He has a 100 day recovery period from this transplant, and has had some tough times so far. But we have been vigilant in our SPECIFIC prayer requests, such as sleep, an appetite, recovery from the CMV virus 2 weeks ago.

We were planning to go to Rochester MN to see them this weekend, but Tuesday, election day, and what would've been my daughters 29th birthday, they called us on Skype (a video conference software), and told us that we could come, but they wouldn't be there, cuz they were coming home this week, Thursday, the 6th! 43 DAYS EARLY! We all cried, but we promised not to tell anyone. We went over to their house for dinner Friday, and it was SO good to see them back!

Well, today, at the end of Church service, as a "special announcement", Pastor Bill and his wife opened the side door on the stage, and walked in, un anounced, with only a handfull of us knowing they were home (they have a 7 and 2 year old girls staying with one of our Deacons family, so THEY knew!). WHAT A SURPRISE FOR OUR CHURCH FAMILY! WOW! 43 days early! He has to go back for a day every 2 weeks until the end of the year, but HE'S HOME! What a blessing! God DOES answer prayers.

Thank you all for listening, and caring! God bless ALL of our MCF family here, also.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:27 PM
rj
15 Year Member
Default RE: Miracles DO happen

What wonderful news for everyone in your Church as well as your Paster's family.

Yes miricles do happen in this day and age. But we seem to be caught up in daily activities to recognize them.

Thanks for posting such uplifting news.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:15 PM

That's a Miracle.
What a wonderful story about how The Lord does things we cannot possibly comprehend.
The Lord works in strange and mysterious ways.
Don't just tell us.
Everybody needs to hear that story. It's just too wonderful not to share with the world.
Please send an elaborate version to Readers Digest.
It's worthy.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:38 PM

[align=center]Hi `Wayne,[/align][align=center]Thank you for posting/sharing your good news about[/align][align=center]your pastor with our Monte Carlo Family.[/align][align=center] The power of prayers.[/align][align=center]With all the bad news in `life, it is great to read about[/align][align=center]true stories of faith/hope, & believing in a Master of `all, for all.[/align][align=center]"We must not just open our eyes, but also our mind"[/align][align=center]_____________________________[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
A miracle is a visible interruption of the laws of nature, such that can only be explained by divine intervention, and is usually associated with a miracle-worker.
[:-]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle[/align]

Old 11-09-2008, 08:09 PM

Hi Wayne, thanks for sharing your story. It's great to hear good news, sorry to hear of your loss, I had no idea.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

That's wonderful news. Thanks for sharing. I, too, am sorry for the losses that you've had to endure.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I'm just going to say thanks for now.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've been away for a couple days and just catching up.
So glad to see this great news!
Prayers do work!