Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Mike was in an accident last night

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 01:59 PM

Hi Emily,
Thanks for the update on `Mike, and I sure hope that he's not hurt bad...What are his injuries ? I sure hope they are minor and that he can have a fast recovery....What type of car hit him ? I hope that he has learned the expensive lesson by text'in or talk'in on the phone while driving We's recently had topic's on our forum about DUI's & Talking/Texting while driving.....

Please give `Mike our best regards & we wish him the best & a fast recovery from his injuries....

Please keep us all updated...Thanks again...Tell `Mike we all said `Hi & the BeachBun family is pray'in 4 him 4-Sure

I can now get some rest & go back in2 reCharge Mode...
Will check in later for updates later b-4 I go back 2 work...
I hope stuborn `Mike listens to his doctor(s)

Old 12-29-2011, 02:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad to hear he's awake and talking. I have been checking for and update constantly. Get well soon Mike. Emily sorry you had to go through that. I can only imagine the pain you felt and the fear for the worst. Also sorry about your cobalt but it can be replaced.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

Really sad to read this

Damn alky's

Get well my blue buddy.....i can't fight the good red vs blue battle without ya!

Old 12-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Default mike

Mike, You and Emily are in my prayers.

Drunk drivers.......

Old 12-29-2011, 03:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Tell him we will be praying for him!

Old 12-29-2011, 03:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Get well soon Mike...

Old 12-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

I really dislike reading things like this, but I'm glad that Mike is awake and talking. Tell him we are all hoping for a quick recovery. And do yourself a favor - don't beat yourself up about being on the phone with him when it happened. What is done is done, and it still may have happened even if you weren't on the phone. Take care of yourself and things will work themselves out.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Get better Mike!! I'm sorry you got hit, I hope you feel better soon!!

Luv Ash!

Old 12-29-2011, 04:24 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Update,

He's awake and talking more now and it amazes me how well he's handling everything

As far as injuries, he's got a broken foot and arm and the shifter went threw his hand so that was operated on earlier, other than that it's just the usual cuts and bruises

He said he will try to get on a little bit later and thanks again everyone

Old 12-29-2011, 04:56 PM

Thank you Emily for the updates. As others have said, don't beat yourself up over this and thinking about the what ifs. It isn't your fault. I was also texting him knowing that he was driving. The person responsible for this was the person who made the decision to drink to excess and then operate a motor vehicle. I don't really understand why this is called an accident. Drinking and driving is no accident and unfortunately when you choose to drink and drive you involve innocent people and don't give them any choices about the chaos that you reap on others.

I have been on both sides of this drama. I have driven drunk at least once that I recall. Fortunately there was no incident but the fact that I couldn't remember getting home and my car was home was rather uncomfortable to say the least. I have not done it since.

I was also hit by a drunk and every time I have a head ache, neck pain or back pain I can thank the drunk that hit me. I will live with this the rest of my life.

From the extent of Mike's injuries I would assume that your Cobalt is toast. I am sorry for the loss of your car, but it is replaceable.

Mike I wish you well. Call or text me when you are able. I am sorry this has happened to you. Stay positive man!

Quick Reply: Mike was in an accident last night