Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

might be home after all

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:45 AM
Default RE: might be home after all

Mickey,

I know how that goes, come Jan of 08 it will be 20 yrs of driving these darned ole trucks. ten over the road, and the past 9 local, I can truthfully say I like sleeping in my own bed at night. and I make good money doing it. without being gone all the time. But trucking does get in your blood

Mike.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

like i said crack of the workign world.

think of it this way how many jobs can you ge tin to for 3.000.00 and then make 40,000 the first year out if ya play your cards right and drive

Old 06-03-2007, 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

well i had to go do teh D.O.T. phisical and drugtesting for them, So we shall see. i know i dont have to worrie about the drugs those are not even a thought in my head so im just waiting for them to figure this out LOL

But Mike i have been a driver now for over 14years. and i hate it but i love the money.
When i dont ahve a camera in my hands im driving .

Like i told the wife it is the CRACk of the workign world.
Fast easy money (if you arent flatbedding) And good hours to get it.
And you get the best office with a veiw one could ask for. But it still has the whole down side of loseing all your working for at home

I lost one from it also and dont plan to lose this one for it . But then she is a alot better women then teh last also.
So i guess i have that goign for me to.

the job her local is one that im still driving 12 hour days but at least i come home at night for sleep break. but when it rains im out till it gets dry.
We will be hauling road base. so it has to be dry for it
If they spent the money for the physical and tests you can pretty much bank on having the job. Sounds like you just entered close to the same area as I am in. I drive cement mixer, rain days suck money wise, but it is nice to be able to get all your arrands done in those days too. With you being in TX you might not get the winter we have up here though. I am off from Dec 1st to Mar 31st every year. That time is the time I love spending with the kids.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:28 PM

Man I wish I would get the day off because of bad weather. But you know how the post office is, for some reason the mail has to move no matter what the weather is.
But I make just as good of money as I did OTR, I have get benifits,and still get to spend time with the family.

Mike.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:54 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mike,

You work for the postal service, then you have nothing to worry about. Well maybe people using more emails?

My mother was a postal carrier years ago. Her route was rural. She loved passing the mail. Met a lot of nice people. More then once I helped her out by riding with her when I was in grade school. As did all of my sisters.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hay i was happy hey have A/C in the trucks LOL

Actually i would rather work for the postal service at least then you know you have some benifits at the end fo the road. Not real sure on this one they offer 401 but not real sure if you get vested in them or not. Will be asking them on Mon.

as far as gettign the job im thinking the same thing. they spent the cash for a reason.

Also as far as the rain days i cant complaine to much I am garunteed 500.00 a wk. weather we run or not. but i have to report every day if we do or not.
So i cant complain to much they are like 10 miles from the hosue instead of 30 and this means the monte will not get the miles so fast also.
And better pay.
This will litterly dubbel the pay i was making at the other place.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:21 AM

rj,

Yep you are right for the most part, although things are changing around the postal service. But yeah I drive one of the 18 wheelers that the postal service has. I run between the Main Post office in Downtown St.Louis and the small post offices in the STL area. So I dont deal with anyone except other postal employees that in it self is a challenge somedays.LOL. But not a bad job except for my work hours, but the longer I work here the better run I get. so one day I will have day time hours and sat and sun off.

Mike.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:19 AM

Mickey
Check out UPS if they have one around you.

They make great money.....
And they have great Bennys as well......

Old 06-04-2007, 11:35 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mickey
Check out UPS if they have one around you.

They make great money.....
And they have great Bennys as well......

I make 1/3 what the drivers make and I'm a supervisor.

My benefits are better, so maybe it equals out a little?

Old 06-04-2007, 11:57 AM

RJ
I dont think your benny's as in health careis better then the drivers..... If sup's have to pay for it.....
Only good thing the sup's have over us, Is you guys get stock that we have to pay for.....

Quick Reply: might be home after all