Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Miami officer arrested at gunpoint, accused of going 120 mph on ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 12:11 PM

Haha what an idiot. It's good to see a cop abusing his power get caught.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Nocturnx
Haha what an idiot. It's good to see a cop abusing his power get caught.
I whole heartedly agree.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:45 PM

You just wander how many times he's done it before and gotten away with it. And what else he has done... he clearly doesn't respect the law he swore to uphold.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I bet all the good police officers in our Country that have seen the video & read that article were happy to see a bad officer revealed..
I give credit to the female State Trooper that persued the speeding Miami Police officer & did not let him `go + put the cuff's on him....I hope they take his Badge ~> 4-Sure

Kudo's to Honest Police Officers...They are walking targets in 2days World

Old 11-01-2011, 06:49 PM

I drive I-4 from exit 38 to exit 67 everyday that I go to work to work at Disney. From mile marker 38 to 55 the speed limit is 70 MPH and from 55 to 67 it is 65 MPH. When I get on at 38 I set my cruise control at 70 MPH and don't touch it until I get off at 67. Half my trip I am at the posted limit and the other half I am 5 MPH over. Thru out my entire trip I am oftenly passed by Florida Highway Patrol, Polk County Sheriffs, Osceola County Sheriffs and Orange County Sheriffs. None of them are in pursuit. They all have very little regard for the speed limit that they are supposed to enforce. One morning I was driving into work and I was late because I got a late start. I set the cruise at 80. Just before I got to my exit I noticed a car approaching for the rear at a high rate of speed. The car pulled up along side of me and it was an Orlando City Cop. I was not in his juridiction. He put on the blue lights so I slowed down to the speed limit. Once I was at 65 he floored it and left me in the dust. He basically told me I can't speed but it is ok for him. It really pisses me off because most of the speed enforcement isn't for safety but for revenue generation. Something about that seems so wrong in my opinion.

Last edited by mousehousemoparman; 11-01-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
I drive I-4 from exit 38 to exit 67 everyday that I go to work to work at Disney. From mile marker 38 to 55 the speed limit is 70 MPH and from 55 to 67 it is 65 MPH. When I get on at 38 I set my cruise control at 70 MPH and don't touch it until I get off at 67. Half my trip I am at the posted limit and the other half I am 5 MPH over. Thru out my entire trip I am oftenly passed by Florida Highway Patrol, Polk County Sheriffs, Osceola County Sheriffs and Orange County Sheriffs. None of them are in pursuit. They all have very little regard for the speed limit that they are supposed to enforce. One morning I was driving into work and I was late because I got a late start. I set the cruise at 80. Just before I got to my exit I noticed a car approaching for the rear at a high rate of speed. The car pulled up along side of me and it was an Orlando City Cop. I was not in his juridiction. He put on the blue lights so I slowed down to the speed limit. Once I was at 65 he floored it and left me in the dust. He basically told me I can't speed but it is ok for him. It really pisses me off because most of the speed enforcement isn't for safety but for revenue generation. Something about that seems so wrong in my opinion.
Just because an officer doesn't have his lights on doesn't mean he is not on some type of call. Even if they are on there way to a non-emergency call they still need to take care of it in a timely manner.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Just because an officer doesn't have his lights on doesn't mean he is not on some type of call. Even if they are on there way to a non-emergency call they still need to take care of it in a timely manner.
If they are on a call and there is a need to be over the posted speed limit then their lights need to be on. If they are above the posted speed limit then they are a hazard to the rest of the vehicles on the road and need to be more visible.