Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: FRIDAY 9/11/09

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 03:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I cant believe that crap either. Stuff like that would never fly here.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

it says im blocked from that. oh, well, i dont even wanna know, lol.

blacksheep mike, ill be at DQ tonight, i doubt any of the other cars are gonna be there but me & a buddie are gonna get burgers anyways. imma probibly be there earlyer than you, let me know if you hit traffic, though, 'caus i cannot wait too long, lol. wouldint wanna turn into a pumpkin

Old 09-11-2009, 04:16 PM

5 Year Member

Ryan, the deleted it.

Just imagine everything that is NOT allowed here and mix it in with elementary school crap and you might get an idea. LOL. I coudnt believe the crap that was being said from the members there.

Anyways. Looks like about 45 more mins before its time to head on home for the the weekend. WOOHOO!!

YOu guys have fun at DQ.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:21 PM

guy at my work asked on a explorer forum for tips on replacing a balljoint, with my brains and his hands we got both lowers changed out. After the operation, teaching him to use a impact gun, hammer, and ball joint press, the car worked fine and only computer issues left. anyway to the point.... I made him go back and post on the same forum a debrief of what he did and complications he found and how the got around them.

This is my pet peeve on this forum is helping people with less then 5 posts and never hear back after we give advice.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Originally Posted by MonteDriver
guy at my work asked on a explorer forum for tips on replacing a balljoint, with my brains and his hands we got both lowers changed out. After the operation, teaching him to use a impact gun, hammer, and ball joint press, the car worked fine and only computer issues left. anyway to the point.... I made him go back and post on the same forum a debrief of what he did and complications he found and how the got around them.

This is my pet peeve on this forum is helping people with less then 5 posts and never hear back after we give advice.

It is what it is.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:35 PM

5 Year Member

I hear what your saying. Sometimes thats the nature of things. All we can hope for is that they soon realize that they get more from this forum them just information.

Like making friends that care.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:36 PM

5 Year Member

Hey Dave, i've been meaning to ask you. I see that it sez Born in East LA on your profile, but i never thought about asking you from where in East LA?

Old 09-11-2009, 04:43 PM

I was born in the Japanese hospital of East Los Angeles. This is the area now called Hoyo Maravilla and where Obregon Park is by 1st St. and Rowan.

I went to school at Our Lady of Soledad which is now on Ceasar Chavez Blvd, but was once called Brooklyn Ave in the hood called "Lote Maravilla."

I now live in Montebello which is a couple of miles away.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:54 PM

5 Year Member

I know where you talking about. I also remember when Ceasar Chavez was called Brooklyn. LOL. Long time ago. I know where Obregon Park is at.I used to eat at "The Hat" on Atlantic and Ceasar Chaves. THere and Porky's on Whitier Blvd. I even remember the theater before itwas named' Huggy Boy's. Did you ever go to the movie house that used to be on Whitier and Atlantic. Memories my friend. Pure memories.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
I know where you talking about. I also remember when Ceasar Chavez was called Brooklyn. LOL. Long time ago. I know where Obregon Park is at.I used to eat at "The Hat" on Atlantic and Ceasar Chaves. THere and Porky's on Whitier Blvd. I even remember the theater before itwas named' Huggy Boy's. Did you ever go to the movie house that used to be on Whitier and Atlantic. Memories my friend. Pure memories.

Yeap, the theater was called the "Golden Gate." Unfornately, they knocked it down days before it was deemed a historical landmark.

Porky's was a place that was hot during cruising days. I think I only ate there once.

There also used to be a "Hat" on 3rd St. and Ford Blvd, but the "King Taco" people bought the building. Too bad most people don't remember that place.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: FRIDAY 9/11/09