Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Wednesday 3/16/11

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

happy ha ha happ happy dance!!!!

Old 03-16-2011, 01:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats Justin!!!

Old 03-16-2011, 01:54 PM

Congrats... peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat!

Old 03-16-2011, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
happy ha ha happ happy dance!!!!

Originally Posted by Budsjlm

Hey `Justin,
Congrat's on your Promotion,
Another reason to `Party 4-Sure.
Oh, Party`Smart, U don't want to be late 4 work 2morrow

All the Member's are do'in the "HaPPY `Dance
- It always great to read HAPPY NEWS in our Monte Family-
4-Sure

Old 03-16-2011, 02:06 PM

Good afternoon, all. Well, I survived the first night at my new job. Got home around 8:15, slept from about 8:30am til around 2 PM. Maybe a short nap later before I go back in at 11pm?
There's so much to learn, so much to learn. I keep thinking at my age and with all the jobs I've had that it will get easier when I take a new job. It hasn't. Things were kind of crazy there last night, we started at 11 and didn't get our first real break til 3am. I suppose its better than working every weekend for the rest of my life at my old job. I hope I reach some sort of "comfort" level soon. Its funny how I hated my old job, but I was at that comfort level, where you know what to expect and what to do. I have no clue what I'm doing at the new job.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:47 PM

Hi K.J.,
Just look at it as a new adventure that pays you for your time. It takes alittle time to get use to the night shift, but I take many power `naps during the day & it helps...For some reason I've never needed to many Z's, but somedays my battery does run low...

Be happy to have a `job, and I wish you Good Luck on your new one...WeekEnd's `off are a bonus 4-Sure

Old 03-16-2011, 02:54 PM

Afternoon All,

Busy morning at the office. Finally got a chance to breath and get online for a few.

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
its snowing .......
Dude... that sucks. I bet you're even more tired of winter this year than me. We're finally getting some warmer weather in the SE. Should be 70's this weekend. Sorry... not trying to rub it in. But it's been a long time coming and I'm pretty excited to have decent weekend weather in store. Really long, nasty winter this year.

On a better note - Your new hood liner looks great!

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
It's raining men! Soylent green is people!
Wow... Haven't seen that moving in a couple decades. I'll have to put it in my Netflix queue.

Originally Posted by KJRich
Good afternoon, all. Well, I survived the first night at my new job.
Good luck with the new job, Kerry. Starting fresh can be a pain. Hopefully it will pay off in the long run.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:58 PM

Thanks Space. I actually think the one thing I am going to like right away are the hours, especially after I get used to them. I was having a hard time forcing myself to go to bed at night, so now I can just stay up and work. I did have to cancel a doctor appointment today at 12:45pm though, because I felt I needed to just stay home and sleep since it was the morning after my first night. After a few days, I should be able to take care of matters during the day and adjust my sleep schedule around what I have to get done.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Afternoon Everyone!!!!

Just checking in on my day off.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by Sparky-88
Dude... that sucks. I bet you're even more tired of winter this year than me. We're finally getting some warmer weather in the SE. Should be 70's this weekend. Sorry... not trying to rub it in. But it's been a long time coming and I'm pretty excited to have decent weekend weather in store. Really long, nasty winter this year.

On a better note - Your new hood liner looks great! .
Its a trade off for me we tend to have no spring just more winter LOL its all good though we have great summers that rarely get above the high 80's and low humidity and in the 50's at night you really don't even need a air conditioner here .
thank you on the hood liner it ties in with my hole white black and orange theme

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Wednesday 3/16/11