Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Wednesday 2/09/11

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
No snow for us today but it's still cold. In the teens today and below 0 overnight. Sucks that all you southerners are getting snow. Does Walmart even stock snow shovels in the south by the way?
No, but Lowes had a big pooper-scooper type shovel (think cleaning a barn) that works pretty well!

Old 02-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

good thing snow doesnt come down to florida, all we have are golf clubs

Old 02-09-2011, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by thejon
good thing snow doesnt come down to florida, all
Originally Posted by thejon
we have are golf clubs

Hi `Jon, I still have my sand bucket & shovel just in case it snows Don't U still have yours ?

Oh, I left you a donut, it's on page 1 this morn'in
Oh, Oh ~> How's the Paint `Job ?
====================================
`Wil, I 4-got 2 post about how great your engine looks...Look forward 2 seeing it installed...Good Luck
=========================================
LOL `Dustin, that was Way out `there lOl : ) ~>4-Sure : )
=======================================
`Lou, great 2 C U posting on the `Blog...Look 4ward to your future ones....

Wish EveryBody a great eve/meal/fun/enjoyment/_____________<~fill in the blank Peace/Out from `Space

Old 02-09-2011, 05:48 PM

No snow for us today but it's still cold. In the teens today and below 0 overnight. Sucks that all you southerners are getting snow. Does Walmart even stock snow shovels in the south by the way?
No, we just use our regular shovels. Its also im possible to get snow tires and tire chains... but really, what would be the point?

Also space... I know it was way out there, but its the gods honest truth

Old 02-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looking forward weekend temps in the 50 's maybe melt snow/ice crap

Old 02-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Sparky-88
Morning All.

Coffee cream references make me remember to appreciate my life. Weird? Well, not when you understand why.

My wife suffered a massive stroke about 6 years ago. (She's all better now.) Prior to the stroke, she took a little coffee with her cream - her coffee looked white. After the stroke, her brain's taste-bud center was rewired. She now can't stand cream in her coffee. (She also likes beer now, didn't like it prior to the stroke.)

So whenever I see coffee cream, I'm thankful for still having my wife. Weird, huh? Life is funny that way.

Here in N. AL people are preparing for yet another winter storm. What a drag. I've only had my bike out once in the past couple months. I'm sick of winter.

Have a great day everyone.
Thanks for sharing that with us. I found it really interesting. It's kind of like those people who suddenly wake up with an accent they never had before.

As for the weather. I got the same weather as Lou Green, since we're in the same general area. In the teens today and below zero over night. Luckily no new snow or ice. I haven't been able to wash the Monte in over two months. I'm itching to detail the monte. But gonna be months before that happens considering I don't have a garage to park it in.

Originally Posted by augi
I am going to take a vote... who thinks we name a member subtitle after space the highest poster on this site? Im thinking

"SPACED OUT MEMBER" you have to hit 4000 posts to reach this subtitle.
I'm open to suggestions. The user titles don't have to have the word "member" in it. I would love to add more user titles or change the current ones. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to PM me with your ideas. I'll discuss them with the rest of the forum staff.

Good question Lou. I imagine there would be a lot of things stores in northern states have that the southern stores don't have. And vice-versa. Anything to do with winter for example. Road salt, winter clothing (ski equipment doesn't count).

Old 02-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Was watching the Boston-Montreal hockey game earlier. What a game!

I have Storm Chasers on in the background. But I'm downloading a bunch of pictures from GM's archives right now.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lou, I like Dustin's Idea. It could be Spaced Out, just drop the member.

Evening all, had a productive day today. The cabinets are in.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

wasn't watching the game, but I was following it online on my fantasy league. Milan Lucic, 2 goals, 1 assist, +5 and 16 penalty minutes, all good stats for my team.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member

G night all, i'm going to bed, gatta get up at like 5 maybe even erlier,i am starting work at 6 tomarow, wooo 2 hr's OT

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Wednesday 2/09/11