Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Tuesday 3/29/11

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 02:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

lol you have to love cars man !! it is her first car and has been great untill this . she loves the car she has even named (Peggy) it and she cleans it once a week she checks the oil and I think that is so cool she told me last week it was sounding wierd but when I listened to it it sounded ok to me and I cheked all the fluids and they were ok so I just laffed it off and thought at most maybe she had a loose muffler or something untill she called me today in a panic telling me the car had picked up a bad vibration .

Old 03-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

when that top mount goes it's like a freaking earthquake in these things

Old 03-29-2011, 03:11 PM

Lmao... justin, its funny you talk about the diff pin.

A couple of years ago, when I had my contour, I raced a guy with a turbo sc2. He blew his diff pin while racing me, so undoubtedly I won.

We pulled over, talked a bit, exchanged phone nnumbers, he limped it home... the next day I helped him replace the whole trans, then he moved 2 hours away the next weekend.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

that is what she said that is why I had her just pull over and i took her the rest of the way to school and called the tow truck it was bad I think i am just going to have the shop do it the will have it done tomorrow morning and that way the exhaust will be fixed 2 $ 185 was not bad and that way i dont have to pay to have it towed again

Old 03-29-2011, 03:13 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone! The Sun is shining up here in the Dakota's but still not all that warm. Going to swing by a detail shop after work to see what it will cost to get my Monte all nicely detailed for summer. Hope everyone has a great rest of the day and evening.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by augi
Lmao... justin, its funny you talk about the diff pin.

A couple of years ago, when I had my contour, I raced a guy with a turbo sc2. He blew his diff pin while racing me, so undoubtedly I won.

We pulled over, talked a bit, exchanged phone nnumbers, he limped it home... the next day I helped him replace the whole trans, then he moved 2 hours away the next weekend.

i'm suprised he could even limp it home, mine wouldn't even move when it blew, luckily amy was on her way home coasted a goot 1/4 mile and it stopped in the driveway, i was outside and was standing there looking at her going wtf is she doing why did she stop 3/4 the way up the driveway, then i saw it was smoking, ran down there and saw the trans fluid, lol hopped in the mystake and pushed her the rest of the way up the driveway, i was oooober pissed since i had actually just fixed the motor 2 weeks befor,

i've read alot of fail with turbo saturns becuase of the design on the cams, actualy had a friend who built one, got it running, spiked 17psi then died he said it was really fast for like 3 blocks!

Old 03-29-2011, 04:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Just got home and installed my SS headrests. If you want to see the pics, check the Interior section.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Just got home and installed my SS headrests. If you want to see the pics, check the Interior section.
welcome home, make yourself comfortiable, have beer

Old 03-29-2011, 06:25 PM

Afternoon all... im just sittin at home chillin. I just tried polishing my exhaust. Got the rough part finished, now I gotta do the smoothing, then buff it... the bad part... it just started storming looks like I gotta wait

Old 03-29-2011, 07:39 PM

Back from the dentist. It was a long day, but we were unable to get everything dine. I still have to have the two teeth pulled in a few weeks. We ran out of the amount of Novocain they can give you in a day, so thats why we stopped.

Keith, pmed you back, 185 sounds like a good price. I have a 1 foot flat bed if you decide to tow it.

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Tuesday 3/29/11