Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Tuesday 2/08/11

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

afternon everyone, I also have a DR appt today... a couple months ago the Dr I see changed my blood pressure pill and it has reaked havoc on me ever since, dizzyness, stomach issues, so hopefully after today I will be off that and on something different.....

Old 02-08-2011, 12:17 PM

Noon all... eating chili (suitable for the weather )

Old 02-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member

Afternoon all, not alot going on here lunch time... going to my uncles tonight to help him try to sell some stuff,

Old 02-08-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by augi
Morning sparky, I hate seeing that with the engineering. I think that would be when jag was starting to ponder selling the company or when ford actually bought it. It is a really nice car, but ford has a bad habit of plastic on everything... the only thing worse is brass grommits in plastic (liscense plate holders on most fords)
Hey Dustin. Luckily I have a 'Pre-Ford' Jaguar. It's really a Jag. Of course, that leads to it's own problems. Like having Lucas electrical components throughout the system. Lucas is known as 'The Prince of Darkness' by many old Jag owners. That reputation is often exaggerated but earned to a certain degree. The electrical system in old Jag's is over-engineered. My son's old car, an '86 Jag XJ6, is living proof of that. Since buying that car 2 years ago, we've spent most of our time tracking down / fixing electrical gremlins. All that work has paid off though; it's turned into a great daily driver.

Originally Posted by montyss02
Hey Dave, what's going on? So how much will the repair come out to? That sucks that you have to pay someone, hopefully not the stealership, to get the door fix.
What's up, Wil? Your engine is lookin sweet!! A far cry from what I saw when I was out there a few weeks ago.

I never take my old cars to the 'stealership.' I found a great mechanic in town who specializes in old European cars (Gary at Southside Motors - Huntsville). He's great; he's honest; he's not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Actually he IS cheaper than the dealer. And he really knows what he's doing on old cars. Most dealers (that I've used anyway) have done as much harm as good on my old cars. It will probably cost me a couple hundred $ or so with Gary.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon all hope everyone is having a good day. I am just waiting for a wall to dry so I can give it another coat. Not real happy with how the wall meets the ceilling. I am struggling to get a straight line. The hand texture makes for un even edges. I may just leave it for now and put crown molding up.

Don't worry space, I will study for the next test.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:59 PM

That's good and bad about the jag... good that its pre ford (I think they ruined the car) bad that it still has its gremlins... but then again as I have learned, all cars break in one way or another.

Id like to one day own a jag xj 12

Old 02-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member

Bro has a 84 XJS V12 MAN that thing MOVED!!!!

SORRY IF IT'S A TINY PIC

Last edited by Budsjlm; 02-08-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Man, I must be getting old. Never would have conisdered a 90's model as old. When you first mentioned old I was thinking 60-70's.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:18 PM

Shoulder surgery scheduled for next week.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by augi
That's good and bad about the jag... good that its pre ford (I think they ruined the car) bad that it still has its gremlins... but then again as I have learned, all cars break in one way or another.

Id like to one day own a jag xj 12
You got that right. Ford turned the Jag models into Lincolns with a different body on top. The dash / controls / interior went from sporty to blah.

Driving old cars (of any make) regularly helps keep the gremlins at bay. It's 'Garage Queens' that have the most problems. You gotta drive it or bad things start to happen.

The XJ12 is an awesome car. It's basically a combination of the two old Jag's we have: the 5.3L V12 engine from the XJ-S in the body of an XJ sedan. The XJ has the best ride of any car I've ever owned. Smooth like butta! One thing Jag engineers knew how to design was a great suspension. After fixing up our old XJ6 I was planning to sell it. But my wife and son have convinced me to keep it in the family. It will become my son's car. My wife has grown so fond of it, I think she'd almost consider giving up her Monte... almost... If the Jag had heated seats that might push her over the edge.

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Tuesday 2/08/11