Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Tuesday 2/08/11

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning!!!!

It just your typical Tuesday morning. I'm tired, wishing it was closer to Saturday, and waiting for coffee!!!! LOL

Have a good day everyone!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:48 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Good morning all!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:57 AM

Mornin everyone! I've got a doctor's apt with an orthopaedic surgeon today. I dislocated my shoulder a few years ago and I need to get it fixed. Since its been that long I'm not sure what their course of action is going to be.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by augi
Morning all, getting up to go to work. It snowed yesterday, but not enough to actually do anything... just tease us all into thinking it was.
Dustin - About the same here. Weatherman is calling for additional snow Wed/Thur, but probably won't be cold enough to stick this time around. Fine by me; I'm sick of slick roads this winter.

Originally Posted by 77gp
Good morning, just got the boy off to the school bus, pondering my day. Have to do a little work on the bathroom hopefully. Have a crack in the textured ceiling. Picked up needed supplies yesterday. Trying or should I say doing the non-smoking thing today. Wish me luck. I have tried and failed before but that was just practice right? I have been laid off since Thanksgiving and think I am ready to go back now. Should be in about 3-4 weeks. It is a yearly thing and nothing to do with the economy. Have to get back and get the new pavement designs done before the weather breaks. I am a quality control technician for an asphalt/concrete company. This will be my 16th year. Work like crazy through the warm weather and nothing in the cold. Why can't they reverse that????
Good luck on the textured ceiling and the non-smoking thing. I don't know which is worse. Textured ceilings are a PITA. Hope you get back to work soon as well. On/off like that every year has got to be tough. Though after 16 years, maybe you're accustomed to it?

Taking my old car to my mechanic after work today. I had to give up on fixing the door handle - I can't fix it without removing the window. I'm stopping before I break something and make a bad situation worse.

After tearing apart the door, it appears that the only thing broken is a small plastic connector that apparently connects the door handle to the rod that actually operates the door latch. Here's what I don't understand - This car (1990 Jag XJ-S) is built like a tank. But yet some yahoo decided to use this cheap little POS plastic connector in a location that is extremely hard to reach for repairs. This type of plastic gets old/brittle over time virtually guaranteeing that it will eventually fail. WTF?? Aggravating to find such a poorly designed component in an otherwise well-built vehicle. Really bums me out that I have to pay someone else to fix it. Very simple mechanically; but you have to tear apart the door to fix it. Grrrrrr...

Old 02-08-2011, 08:07 AM

Good Morning Mod Michael,
Don't worry the weekend will get here ~>in Time...So, don't 4get to enjoy your day...I'm sure it will be better after your SuperCharged COFFEE : )
=======================================
Hi `Amy, hope your new job is better 4 Sure & also your Chicago weather...WoW, your taxes are `high there : )
=====================================

Hi Member Earnhart, great to see your post on the Blog...
Maybe one of our member's knows some information on shoulder problems, but there's always Dr Google's...
Just type in your problem on a Google's Search & you will get a lot of infor...

Any luck on finding the Monte of your Dreams...
Keep us updated & good luck at the doctor's 4-Sure...

Old 02-08-2011, 08:25 AM

Thanks Kid. I kinda already know what my 2 options will be...either surgery or physical therapy. I'm not sure if the time elapsed since the injury will rule either one of those out. I guess I'll find out and report back this afternoon.

As far as the Monte search...it continues. There are a bunch of Intimidators for sale out there but the problem is that they're all 400+ miles away from me! I didn't want ot have to fly out to get one but it may come down to that.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

The day is already better, COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2011, 08:36 AM

Good Morning from the Kansas Frozen Tundra! Just washed all the road salts off the '98
Black Monte. Looks darn good! Hope you all are well. I need to get a washer pump installed - I tested the one in the car & it won't do anything!

-Mark.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:42 AM

Hi `Mark, & thanks for checking in...We will turn `up the heat, cause it's freez'in where you are 4-Sure
Weather for Gardner, KS

2°F
Current: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: N at 15 mph
Humidity: 60%

..Wish U warmer Weather..
==============================
Mod `Michael ~> LOL...yes, good Coffee can kick ones brain in2 action : )

We's Blog'in ~> Whose next 2 hit some keys ?
Originally Posted by EarnhardtZ71
Thanks Kid. I kinda already know what my 2 options will be...either surgery or physical therapy. I'm not sure if the time elapsed since the injury will rule either one of those out. I guess I'll find out and report back this afternoon.

As far as the Monte search...it continues. There are a bunch of Intimidators for sale out there but the problem is that they're all 400+ miles away from me! I didn't want ot have to fly out to get one but it may come down to that.
^^^^^^Good Luck on Both 4-Sure ^^^^^

Old 02-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning everybody!

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Tuesday 2/08/11