Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Thursday 3/17/11

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 10:21 AM

Morning All,

Great looking day here - sunny but cool. Should hit 70 later today. Great riding weather!

My wife and daughter return from their trip today. Yay! The house has felt kinda lonely this week.

Originally Posted by 77gp
Gotta help put new door panels on my uncles 77 Corvette also. He just had it all redone. Its badazz and I will post a pic this afternoon. Custom painted. Good day to all.
Would definitely like to see pic's!

Originally Posted by Barovelli
It's my birthday - it's great when everyone parties on your birthday, eh?
Happy Birthday, Bavorelli!

And if you don't mind, would you please sharing with us what brand/model wheels you have on your Monte? They look sweet.

Somehow the idea of green beer just turns me off. Maybe cause I'm not Irish?? Ewwww...

Old 03-17-2011, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning all. I have already got my nap in for the day. Now what to do. I need to get some homework done this week and I am flying out on vacation Monday. My Mom and I are meeting my brother and his wife and 4 kids in Indio California. See the pic below of where we are staying. We are surprising my Niece and 3 Nephews with a trip to disneyland next thursday. I think I may go talk to another mechanic about the camaro. I would sure like to get it running.

Oh and Happy B-Day Barovelli! My brother and his family pulled in to Monterey Last night for a few days to see his wife's family. Small world.

The resort I will be at monday night to the following monday.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Teacher-I am drooling, that looks very nice. Enjoy it. We are hitting 70 today, its a darn heatwave..........

Old 03-17-2011, 11:14 AM

Hi `Teacher, Happy 4 U 4 Sure...You deserve a break & great vacation...Wish you a super relaxing fun time....Have
a safe trip & don't 4-get to take pic's : )
=======================================
`Jerry, great to read U are getting better weather...EnJoy

ReCharge time 4 `Space ...Catch everyone later...
Keep the Blog going `OK : ) Peace/Out

Old 03-17-2011, 11:41 AM

Sleep well space.

Todd... I bet they'll be happy with the suprise.

Just bring the camaro here and well fix it tennessee shade tree style for ya.
That resort is beautiful.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Green beer does taste the same, but as you can see in the pic, the food coloring kills the head on the beer. Interesting phenomenon. Still bubbly. And damn good. I am cruisin'!

Old 03-17-2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Green beer does taste the same, but as you can see in the pic, the food coloring kills the head on the beer. Interesting phenomenon. Still bubbly. And damn good.
Hmmmm... Ok, I buy that. Kinda weird that it kills the head. I guess it's really that green beer just looks wrong to me. But since I'm not attending any St. Patrick's Day parties tonight, it will be at least one more year before I try any.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Sparky-88
Happy Birthday, Bavorelli!

And if you don't mind, would you please sharing with us what brand/model wheels you have on your Monte? They look sweet.
those are Eagle series 192. Polished alloy, guess I like to make maintaining them a chore. After experience with chrome an clear coated wheels in the coastal weather, polished alloys seem easier to restore.

In my drinking days it was Bailey's on the rocks...the green beer was a turn off. Odd what you senses can do huh.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:40 PM

Dave... you aren't coming to my party tonight? Lol

Old 03-17-2011, 02:13 PM

Happy Birthday Barovelli! My wife's twin cousins and one of their husbands also have a birthday today!
Happy St. Patricks Day to everyone!
Beautiful day here, 56 degrees and nothing but sunshine. One more night of work tonight, then off til I go back in Sunday night. They actually have to work overtime this weekend, but they don't need a lot of people and since I still have no clue what I'm doing there, they're letting me off.:p

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Thursday 3/17/11