Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Thursday 2/10/11

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:52 PM

...Thanks `Jon 4 your reply...
I was homeschooled, & did not get to go to regular school, but my teens were the best years of my life...I've learned that the older U get the more obligations in life there are 4-Sure...

EnJoy your final years & I'm sure U will look back & wish you could revisit them....+ U have a AweSome Monte Carlo to drive 2 school & that's a major incentive 4-Real...
Wish U Good Luck & fun....
p.s. glad U got your `or back : )
---------------------------------------------------------------
Morn'in J.J., how's the `job search ? Oh, who wishes they were back in High School ? i `do ~> i `Do

Old 02-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ok 'ike it was good as heaven... just doesn't have the same ring to it!

getting off at 3 i'll get ot sat

Old 02-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

Well, school is a love/hate kinda thing. I hate being there and all the school work, but i love being around other people and being able to drive my monte there everyday!
I hear that alot so im trying to enjoy every second of it through the good and bad.

Sometimes i wonder how life would be homeschooled

Old 02-10-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by thejon
Well, school is a love/hate kinda thing. I hate being there and all the school work, but i love being around other people and being able to drive my monte there everyday!
I hear that alot so im trying to enjoy every second of it through the good and bad.

Sometimes i wonder how life would be homeschooled

Hi `Jon, I think it all depends on who is teaching ?
I was lucky to have 5 other's (The BeachBums) in home-school with me.
We were taught by my grandfather & his senior citizen friends. Some were prior teachers, and others had degree's from World Experiences.
They were strict, but we loved them.....The older I get, the more I love them for all their help & the love they showed...

We lived on a barrier island and it was to far 2 go to the mainland for school.....Our lunch breaks were spent on the beach & it was a great playground.....

You miss a lot not going to public or private schools I think: like sports & events etc....We just created our own....

Glad 2 read that you are wise enough 2 extract the most from your high school experience...Good Luck...I must fade `out & rest...
Got 2 work later, but I wish I was back in school instead : )
Peace/Out

Old 02-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Afternoon everyone!

It's a freezing cold day here in the Detroit area. Looking at a really, really cold Monte in my driveway. Block heater sounds like a good idea right now. The sun is shining, but it's not helping much. It's only -5,000 degrees instead of -6,000.

Okay, maybe it's not that bad. :p

Old 02-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Jon

Thats cool that you had a group(TheBeachBums) to hang with on your island(which is also cool in my opinion) a Group of close friends of mine had a name for ourselfs in Middle school.(Sugar Rush Mafia/SRM) Aww the good old days lol.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I say i want to leave the cold north and go to the beach

Old 02-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Hi `Jon, I think it all depends on who is teaching ?
I was lucky to have 5 other's (The BeachBums) in home-school with me.
We were taught by my grandfather & his senior citizen friends. Some were prior teachers, and others had degree's from World Experiences.
They were strict, but we loved them.....The older I get, the more I love them for all their help & the love they showed...

We lived on a barrier island and it was to far 2 go to the mainland for school.....Our lunch breaks were spent on the beach & it was a great playground.....

You miss a lot not going to public or private schools I think: like sports & events etc....We just created our own....

Glad 2 read that you are wise enough 2 extract the most from your high school experience...Good Luck...I must fade `out & rest...
Got 2 work later, but I wish I was back in school instead : )
Peace/Out

You're right Space, you do miss out on some good things with home-school. But you also miss out on some not-so-nice things too. For example: bullying, gangs, "clicks", metal detectors at the doors, security guards walking around your school, getting up early to have to walk or take a bus to school everyday no matter what the weather is like, pressure to fit in, and so on.

I'm not saying I experienced all of that. But that's part of reality today in some schools Space dude. But hopefully this is all something that will become a thing of the past. Someday schools will be a safe place to learn again.

Sorry for taking this in a negative direction. Just showing that not everything you missed was good.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

1 more day untill the weekend !!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Jon

^^^^^Like^^^^^^

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Thursday 2/10/11