Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Thursday 2/10/11

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Good morning everyone! Busy blog so far!
...Yes, Mod `Mike, we's been blog'in & thanks 4 joining `us : ) Sure hope things are getting better 4 U 4-Sure...Oh, I hope your father does not put 16's on his V8 SS...Stop him, please : ) '
------------------------------------------------------------
Hi `Justin, great that your company paid the bill, but it sure looks RICH...I've never had eggs BenAdic : ) Looks like a glass of whiskey next 2 `it : ) That would help your day @ work...
Since U did not pay...How much does a breakfast like that cost ? Wish U a fast work day & slow E.Z. `eve
Peace/Out

Old 02-10-2011, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Morning all.
Same old stuff for me here. Except the wife is home today and we have an appt at 11:00 to talk with my son's principal at school. He was an honor roll student grades 1-5 now getting f"s. He moved from elementary to intermediate school. Anyways, Day 3 of not smoking and I haven't killed anyone yet.
Things to watch from an Teachers view point. If your son went from being a great student to failing, something is very wrong. The things I saw last year with my 6th graders were, bullying, drug and alcohol problems, depression, and severe changes in home life. These were the core issues we faced with kids sliding like yours. Rule out what you can and make sure you are always talking to him about his day and what to say when he is offered drugs or alcohol. It will happen and most likely in middle school/junior high. We had a 6th grader selling pot out of her locker last year. I would bet he is either caught up in the wrong crowd at school or being bullied to see grades drop like that.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:26 AM

Morning everyone and happy Thursday. I am going shopping for flooring this morning.

Justin that looks good.

Dustin, bet you had fun in the snow. I love slow cooking food. I like to cook pork chops in the crock pot all day. Put in some cream of chicken soup, potatoes and veggies and let it go. Yum.

Morning space.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:36 AM

Good mornin everybody! you guys are active today, I'm off today and its 20* out so i'm doin nothin but relaxin, have a great day !!!

Old 02-10-2011, 09:39 AM

...Hi Teacher, thanks 4 taking the time 2 share your experience with our member's....
I'm really enjoying your thread on your home & watching it all come 2gether....I think it's looking `great...Wish you a Super Day & I hope there are no more major obstactles blocking your progress...EnJoy the Experience, and knowing that it's your Castle in the Mountains of Heaven on Planet Earth : )

Last edited by Space; 02-10-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Teacher-Thank You.. for the input. I know its not the homelife, He is in a class with students I would rather him not be in. He did get in a fight and got a 3 day suspension a week ago. Better not be drugs either. Please God he's only 11..... The kid wanted to fight him again but he said no after being suspended and losing all electronic priveleges for a week. We are going to try and get him put in a different class but I have heard that is hard. Wish me luck, Checked into private schools but 5K a year is tuff to swing. Hard to put a price on good education though. Wheres the lottery winnings when u need it

Old 02-10-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Outlaw35
Good mornin everybody! you guys are active today, I'm off today and its 20* out so i'm doin nothin but relaxin, have a great day !!!

I hope the above takes your `Mind to a warmer place
EnJoy your Day `Off....& stay on the MCF : )

Old 02-10-2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
Just had some good as hell eggs benidict! thanks work for flipping the bill!
Your breakfast looked great, Justin! I should have taken a pic of my biscuits and sausage gravy. Ordinarily I don't have time for a breakfast like that. But I find myself iced-in today. Can't even get up my driveway.

Roads throughout town are a total mess. Accidents everywhere. I'm telecommuting today. One telecon at 1pm. Working on a couple briefings for next week. Working in my jammies at the kitchen table, how awesome is that!

Dustin - Did you guys get much of the snow/ice?

Got my old car back from my mechanic yesterday. Glad I had him do the door-handle repair work. It gave him grief so would have been MUCH worse if not impossible for me. He only charged me for 2 hrs labor even though he spent much more on it. And he was able to fix it with used parts on-hand in the shop rather than ordering new Jag parts. I love my mechanic...

Have a great day everyone.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Space cost $50+$10 for tip for the two of us,
both had the same, Eggs Beni, coffee and juice

Old 02-10-2011, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
Space cost $50+$10 for tip for the two of us,
both had the same, Eggs Beni, coffee and juice
...WoW, `Justin ~> that's Expensive 4-Sure...That's my weekly Food Budget , but it's great that it was on the company...That's a great benny....When I get rich I will have to try `it...I have not gone to many restaurants in my life so far...
Thanks for sharing.....Now, I'm hungry again, but I always am and still can't get over 140lbs : ( My last physical my doc keeps telling me that I have a SuperCharged Metabalism...
Hope your day keeps getting better, and maybe your company will take U 2 lunch 2 : )
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi `Dave, U R lucky to have found a great mechanic 4-Sure...Not E.Z. to do in 2day's World..
Thanks for posting...Wish U & EveryBody a great day/life : )

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Thursday 2/10/11