Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Sunday 3/20/11

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Sunday 3/20/11

Thanks Mod J.J. & Admin Taz `Lou, for Creating the above SuperSuper MCF DeSign

Monte Carlo Friends
to your
Member's `Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

What are you doing Today ?
* Members, post what is happening in your `life, your hobbie's, pets, kids, cars, truck's, bikes etc.

* Make a post & say`Hi

Let us know that you were here. Don't be `shy!

Monte Nationals June 2011

Please Check out the Monte Nationals thread if you haven't already.

The MCF is a StressFree-Fun-Automotive Family Zone
Please don't hurt with your words/post!
Give Respect - Get Respect

4-Sure
If you have not read our MCF Rules ?
Click below link
-> Please Read - Thank You! - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums
^^^^^

March 2011
Monte of the Month`Winner
Member: Zipper

Congratulations `David

Click below link to see all MCF Winner's
~ The MCF Winners Gallery ~ - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 03-20-2011, 05:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default Early bird

WOW!! You must have posted this before you went to bed. Being that your on the west coast and its posted already. Raining here a little now. Looks like a lot more on the way. Just looked up Accu weather .com Doesn't look good for today ... If your in to Hoops. Today is a good day to watch. GO MICHIGAN ... Other then that. Nothing going on here. Might take in a movie. If I can talk my wife into it. If we do. We;ll take her car. Its dirty already. Both of mine are clean. Ya all have a good day. Got to be Sunny & warm some where.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:44 AM
Thumbs up ^^Thank You Teacher Todd 4 starting our `Day 4-$ure^^

Hi EveryOne

your `SunDay,
your `Journey of `Life
================

I just got `off a long 12+hr nightshift, but I did get the
chance to stop & look in2 the sky to see Earth's night-light,
our Moon. It was a beautiful sight/experience & I thanked the Creator of `all
for keeping it all in balance 4-Sure.
I am constantly amazed by all the creations in our `life.
I am ThankFul to `be free 2 `be...
I hope that you are 2 ?
many R `not

Watching the moon as it is at its closest point to Earth for two decades.
Next time it will be this bright & close to Earth
is 2029.
====
Peace/Out/EnJoy
“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.”

Last edited by Space; 03-20-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:10 AM

Morning All'

Sitting on the back porch sipping coffee and enjoying the warming rays of the sun. A little cool but the sun feels great.

Space - The moon looked awesome last night! My wife read about the unique position it was in - being closer to the Earth than it's been in about 18 years.

We got our daughter off to school again. She just finished Spring Break. Back to the old grind for the rest of the term. As she was leaving town, she passed one of our neighbors who later mentioned to me that one of her headlights was not working. Figures... I checked everything out before she left - or thought I did. I didn't check the lights. I have a spare in her car's trunk, but can she replace it on her own is the question...

Hitting the road early tomorrow morning for a business trip. Space - I'll be in your neck of the woods. I have meetings in the Melbourne / Satellite Beach area.

Hoping for some downtime today. Worked hard yesterday with further tear-down of the high school theater set pieces. Other than some final clean up and rearranging of stuff, I think we're about done. Maybe I'll get a chance to actually watch the race today.

Have a great day, everyone. See ya!

Old 03-20-2011, 08:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not alot going on here, slept in a little but stayed up till 2 watching tv. Waiting on the Nascar race. Hopefully no rain there. Looks like it might here. I went out to get a blizzard from DQ last night and thought the moon looked cool. DId not realize it was that close. Have a good day all.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all. Was up until 1 this morning and out of bed at 6. Sleep I don't need no stinking sleep. I always struggle to sleep before vacation. Hoping the BATF shows up tomorrow to do my meeting and inspection for my FFL license as I need to make some money. I will hop on a plane at 3 p.m. and be on my way to southern california for some sunshine and warmth.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:32 AM

Hi `Todd, Wish you a super fun/relaxing/safe Trip..Sounds like you are really ready for one...EnJoy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi `Jerry, enjoy your new Monte SS, the Race & your `day : )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi `Dave, EnJoyed your post, and I think your daughter will be able to change the light ?, if not, I'm sure she will get some help from her friends : ) Great that you had time 2gether...You must be a proud parent 4-Sure..

Are you going to Patrick Air Force Base on A1A ?

It's right next to the Atlantic Ocean & Close to Melbourne Beach...Wish you a Safe/Fun/Sunny Trip

Wish I had the time 2 take U `Surf'in : )

Attached Thumbnails MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Sunday 3/20/11-patrick-air-force-base_10.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 03-21-2011 at 05:01 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:57 AM

5 Year Member

I lived in Melbourne for a very short time back in the late 80's.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:05 AM

..Hi `Jerry, did you like living there ? I find Melboure 2 busy 4 `me.. To many people, to much traffic...People seem stressed`out & always in a hurry. I prefer the kick'ed back area of the barrier islands east of A1A 4-Sure : )

I really miss living by the Ocean...Have you been to Sebastian Inlet when you lived in Melbourne ? To me that's paradise:

Great Surf'in, fishing, wildlife, boating, friendly/caring people....So much better then living on the MainLand : )
Have U ever been back...U were there b-4 I was born : ) LOL

Things have changed I'm sure...

Last edited by Space; 03-20-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:38 AM

5 Year Member

We had some family that lived there and we moved there too. It was busy then. I was only there for 2-3 weeks and I heard my mom talking about moving back, I left that night. my family has all moved out of there now and to Christmas. All I know it was hotter than heck in June. Couldnt hardly sleep and had all A/C's a blowing high. I keep threatening my wife that we are moving there when we retire. She says no, I say yes. Maybe not Melbourne but somewhere.

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Sunday 3/20/11