Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Friday 3/11/11

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all, we were able to connect with friends in Tokyo this morning and they are all safe and sound, thank god. I was not surprised to hear about the earthquake and tsunami, we are over do for a big one here in Oregon as well. They are calling for 6 foot waves on our coast and closed all of the schools as a precaution. Nothing to worry about on my side of the mountains.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:50 AM

Space, good thing they didn't find your stash. LOL.

LOL `Jerry, I know...When they asked what was in the room with the sign "Do not disturb", I say it was my apartment, and then they asked if they could check it `out & I said sure : )..They really didn't believe my age & really checked my Security badge & also asked for my driver's license...& took notes ~>Maybe they suspected that I'm am a alien from a unknown `Space LOL
They checked every warehouse in the complex..., but they do this several times a year...One of the agents said they were looking for illegals & also contraband....We are one of the few warehouses that do surprise drug testing of all employee's, including myself...For some unknown reason, I've passed every test, but I think the test are just for humans & not alien beings LOL `Jerry, great that U have some SunShine...I wish I could take credit for sending it : )
Peace/Happy 2 `all
ReCharge Time, be back later <~(That was a warning : ) LOL
==========================================
Good Morning Teacher, great to read that you are OK where U R...Good Luck on your test 2morrow, and I hope that you can take something for your tooth pain....

Last edited by Space; 03-11-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dustin makes me wonder if there isn't somthing causing KR or somthing, I just can't belive it's dropped 2 engines in less than a month

Morning again all, at work now, Share holders meeting today so the place will be full of people,

Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 AM

I know, I was always told that 3800s have a pretty stout bottom end, this is starting to make me wonder though.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by augi
I know, I was always told that 3800s have a pretty stout bottom end, this is starting to make me wonder though.

Hi Dustin, I've read & Believe that the 3.8L is a bulletproof Engine (if) they are maintained & not abused...
I've read about everything that has been online in ref to the 3.8L, and Mod `Mike is just one of many that is a testament to their reliability....

Treat them with love, and they will love you back ~>Abuse them, & they will abuse U 4-Sure

Old 03-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Suddenly the 4 inches of snow we got here don't seem so bad.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:26 AM

Morning All,

Happy Friday! My daughter comes home from college today. Of course, she and my wife are immediately heading out for a little vacation Saturday morning. I have to stay home with my son and work. But I plan to take time off in April when my son has Spring Break.

Dustin - Hate hearing about your new/used engine woes. That's gotta be depressing. And so soon after getting Eleanor back on the road. Though I guess it's good that it happened immediately while still under warranty.

Space - Sounds like you had some excitement at the warehouse. I love the 'Baby Boss' title. Pretty funny!

West Coast MCF'ers - I hope your feet stay dry today. That earthquake and resulting tsunami in Japan sound nasty. 8.9 on the Richter Scale. That's BIG.

I'm taking off work a couple hours early today to help my wife get ready for her trip. Other than checking tire pressures, her Monte should be good to go. New leak-free radiator, fresh oil, tires just rotated, other fluids topped off. Am I missing anything?

Old 03-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Keeping my fingers crossed for the west coast and Hawaii. CNN said the waves (if any) are expected to hit the west coast between 7:00 and 8:00 pacific time.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:39 AM

Yeah, that's my quandry is that I didn't abuse it... then again that's what you get with a junk yard engine... junk. Sometimes good and sometimes bad.

West coasters, be safe out there, I don't wanna hear of anyone getting hurt.

Taz, I actually like snow... but then again I also don't see much of it.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by augi
Yeah, that's my quandry is that I didn't abuse it... then again that's what you get with a junk yard engine... junk. Sometimes good and sometimes bad.

West coasters, be safe out there, I don't wanna hear of anyone getting hurt.

Taz, I actually like snow... but then again I also don't see much of it.
Of course the snow is nothing compared to the tsunami threatening so many.

Augi, not to take away from the more important issue. But here's a couple pics for ya.

Attached Thumbnails MEMBER'S BLOG &amp; Check In: Friday 3/11/11-img_0358-websize.jpg   MEMBER'S BLOG &amp; Check In: Friday 3/11/11-img_0337-websize.jpg  

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Friday 3/11/11