Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Friday 2/04/11

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 08:03 AM

...Hi `Amy, how's the new `job ? Sure hope it's better then the last ? Do you have a good place to park your Monte ?
How's the weather ? Any problems getting to work ?
Wish you the best in your new position/job 4-Sure...Keep us updated...
EnJoy your `Journey of `Life....I know that it's so much better in a AweSome Chevrolet Monte Carlo : )

Old 02-04-2011, 08:14 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Space - I think I'm going to like this place a lot. They need to upgrade the Mac computer cause it's from 1999 So I'm stuck working on a PC with CS4.
The driving around the area is interesting to say the least - streets that are 2 lane one way are about 1.5 lanes cause they didn't plow the streets wide enough. My street is one lane wide - they are about 2 feet away from the curb on both sides of the street.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:16 AM

Morning all and happy friday.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Teacher
Morning all and happy friday.

Hi `Teacher `Todd, you are up early 4 your time Zone
"Getting a early start 2 get things done 4-Sure "
Wish you a Fun Productive `Day....
Here's a `Apple 4 our Teacher

Will this help me get a Better Grade on the MCF ? LOL

Apple 4 Teacher`Todd Bear
EveryOne should have one
===============================
Thanks `Amy 4 your reply & Good Luck & we hope that you EnJoy....

Last edited by Space; 02-04-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

CS4 was awful and a waste of upgrade money haha, good luck Amy!!!

Good luck to you also Justin!!! Congratulations on the move finally, I like the seats in the van

Happy Friday everyone

Old 02-04-2011, 08:53 AM

Mornin everybody! We got 5 inches of snow here in Dallas and these Texans are freeking out, they would not last 20 minutes in a Michigan winter! oh and also worst drivers in the country= Texans

Old 02-04-2011, 09:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Outlaw35
Mornin everybody! We got 5 inches of snow here in Dallas and these Texans are freeking out, they would not last 20 minutes in a Michigan winter! oh and also worst drivers in the country= Texans
I know it has been crazy in Northern Texas I had a truck stuck there with a emergency load almost all day there yesterday it was bad until we got out to Abilene Tx my driver from Oregon said it was crazy bad driving .

Old 02-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
CS4 was awful and a waste of upgrade money haha, good luck Amy!!!

Good luck to you also Justin!!! Congratulations on the move finally, I like the seats in the van

Happy Friday everyone

Thanks Mike, i just wish they where heated!, i forgot how cold leather is in winter, it may be one thing i look into doing once we get it, and it kinda wierd bcuase the center part is fabric so only the outer edges where supper cold, only about 2 hr's left!

Old 02-04-2011, 10:48 AM

I guess you could call today as a snow day for me. Our supplier shipped the wrong material to us at the beginning of the week, and so we had more overnighted. Unfortunately- the overnight plane got stuck in the airport snow mess, and the stuff didn't come in until yesterday afternoon. Being that it still needs to be processed and cut and such, it pretty much killed all our work- so we got to leave at 10AM Thursday (halfway through the day- its a 4 day, 10 hour work week)- and we get off all of Friday and Saturday (we have been working 10's both of those days for the last 6+ months as overtime), and Sunday off as usual. Plus, I get to come in an hour late (6AM) on Monday since its going to take some time for the whole line to get running again.

Kinda nice to have some time off- not sure what I'm gonna do, lol...

Old 02-04-2011, 10:58 AM

Happy Friday from the Frozen Kansas Tundra! Finally got dug out. Even with a snowblower
it was a chore - due to the -12 morning temp yesterday. My wife got around real good in the '98 Monte. Low Trac light came on once. I drove my '70 C-10 & skidded on some ice
onto a Catch-basin & bent Front Left "Unique" Chrome D-ring wheel. This is a 1-off set of
wheels that were custom made. Guess I will dis-mount tire & heat up with torch & try to straight the 2 inch area of the lip that rolled over! Oh well... Could have been worse I guess!! Hope you all are well !!

-Mark in Kansas.

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Friday 2/04/11