Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER's `BLOG: TUESDAY, August 18, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 01:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Am I the only one that didn't feel or hear a change after my U-Bend?

Old 08-18-2009, 01:24 PM

did you have other mods done when you did it?

Old 08-18-2009, 01:28 PM

15 Year Member

umm... I had my CAI when I had my downpipe put on.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:45 PM

you didn't notice a difference with the down pipe? I have a hypertech programmer so that may be why I noticed a difference.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:50 PM

15 Year Member

Yeah I felt nothing when I drove it home after the install lol. I know it's a good supporting mod for all my stuff I'm doing next weekend, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

mike, are you going to your guy up this way, or someone down near philly?

as for me, i just got back from getting some grocries / gas in the monte, god i gotta get my a/c charged, lol. anyway, she seems to be running much better scince i cleaned the maf sensor last weekend. i also pulled the one from the junkyard, its like brand new so imma plug that in & see if it helps even more

problem is, the dead-spot is gone in the throttle, but now its starting to idle funny at stoplights, & sometimes stalls when i get on it after it warms up.... plus the exaust smells & looks like its running WAY rich...

oh, i think i mentioned that my dad brought home his boss's ozone macheine for his "Super Stink" 96, i stuck my head in today & it seems to be making a differance were gonna let it sit for at least a week, plus were gonna scrub the carpets, pull the back seat, clean EVERYTHING! and then ozone some more!

Old 08-18-2009, 03:47 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
mike, are you going to your guy up this way, or someone down near philly?
There's a guy that lives near me in Philly who is coming over to help me do the installs and we're gonna run through a custom street tune afterwards. He's giving me a great price for everything and comes recommended from Riggs and ClubGP.

But I'll be up that way on Friday, Sept 11th for a weekend visit

Originally Posted by skylark65
problem is, the dead-spot is gone in the throttle, but now its starting to idle funny at stoplights, & sometimes stalls when i get on it after it warms up.... plus the exaust smells & looks like its running WAY rich...
Check out your EGR valve?

Old 08-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
There's a guy that lives near me in Philly who is coming over to help me do the installs and we're gonna run through a custom street tune afterwards. He's giving me a great price for everything and comes recommended from Riggs and ClubGP.

But I'll be up that way on Friday, Sept 11th for a weekend visit
cool. good luck with the street tune. im trying to corner one of our family- friends relatives into a street tune but hes been way busey, so well see...

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Check out your EGR valve?
not yet.... is the EGR something i can clean? or would i have to replace it? imma go head out & see what mr. haynes has to say..... thanks for the tip

Old 08-18-2009, 07:16 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

2 a days suck.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 PM

Hey guys. I'm at work...THE FREAKIN AC BROKE... so I'm in an enclosed building WITH ZERO VENTILATION sweating my **** off feeling like I'm going to pass out, dealing with idiot azz customers who don't know how to read.... Fan Tas Tic!!!

My car seems to run a little sluggy to, like it has trouble pulling a hill she doesn't seem real "quick" and that damn serpentine belt started with the squealing AGAIN...It's like an intermittent thing. I might just have the bolt tensioners tightened. I'm getting the tie rods replaced tomorrow that is if they don't FALL APART on me on the way home (damn railroad tracks) and get my AC charged tomorrow to... freakin HOT HERE!

Quick Reply: MEMBER's `BLOG: TUESDAY, August 18, 2009