Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Weekend Blog: Sat/Sun May 16-17 - Member's->Click&Post

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 07:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

OMG! i'm looking out my window. Whats is this that i'm looking at? I think i'ts called....THE SUN!

Morning everyone.

SPace, its too early to be at work today. Tell everyone that i said that YOU need to get some same between your toes man.

Wayne. Good luck in the interveiw. Hopefully this is gonig to be the one.

I cant believe how nice it is outside. I have to do even more shopping today, but one the way there, i'm gonna wash and detail the car a bit. IT NEEDS IT!

Old 05-17-2009, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

SPace, its too early to be at work today. Tell everyone that i said that YOU need to get some `sand between your toes man.

Thanks `J.J., I won't be work'in doubles 4ever.
Last night I did walk the beach & get sand between my toes : )
It made me feel closer 2 home : )

Hope things work out on your `Monte/Insurance/Decision.

"One can Only extract the most from each 24 hours,
from each day, from ones `life-Space-09

Old 05-17-2009, 01:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Wayne, GOOD LUCK with the interview!

As for Dex-Cool, I've HEARD from my service tech at the Chevy dealer that GM has finally fixed the Dex-Cool issues...But in my mom's 2000 Bonneville 3800 V6, the intake manifold gasket had to be replaced at 100K...I did a lot of research, and found intake manifold/ head gaskets to be a problem in many GM cars. That being said, the most affected cars were those with the 4.3L V6 (Blazers/ Jimmys), the 3400 V6 (Grand Am...etc) and the 3800 V6...I have not heard of any problems in GM 4 bangers or V8's, and no problems in newer V6's.

It's hot as hell here in San Jose, CA its about 95 and its only noon! From what i've heard, I guess the next few days is going to be a smokin hot! I can't wait to get back to the 70's, then its awesome!

I'm pretty excited right now, finals start tomorrow, and end for me on Wed. night. So wish me luck with that. Once its over, I only have one semester left till graduation!

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Old 05-17-2009, 02:01 PM

...Hi Michael, Wish U the best of luck on your final exam's. Hope U R a good boy scot & prepared
..I can relate 2 the heat...it's over 100 degrees here in the Warehouse Today...They don't charge 4 the sauna : )

Do you have plans 4 after graduation ? Are you `off for the Summer, or do you have to work ? Again, Good Luck on the tests, and in `Life....EnJoy your `Journey. from `Space

Old 05-17-2009, 02:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Thanks for the Luck!

Well, I work full time ALL the time as the Branch manager for a staffing company....So while i'm not taking summer classes, I still have to work. But working 40 hrs is still a break for me, considering right now i'm working the 40 hrs and taking 18 Units! How I do it, I don't even know! LOL! But for my last semester (Fall 09) I only have 7 units left, so like I said before, I'm pretty excited for this semester to end too, because its the last full time semester I have, next semester is less than half the school load that I got now. I'm also looking forward to the summer without school!

As for after graduation, I am probably going to stick with my current job for a while, and then as the economy picks up a bit, look for something better......

You must be dieing in the warehouse man, at least i'm sitting in A/C! I feel sorry for you!

Oh, forgot to mention earlier...I just ordered a cold air box from MPD, Inc. for my car! Can't wait to get that installed! I'll post pics after of the installed product, and let you all know what I think!

Old 05-17-2009, 06:51 PM

Happy Birthday Rick! Hope it's a good one!

Haven't been on here much the last several weeks. Popped in a couple times to see what was up. My father passed and I been kinda in another world.

Had a weekend of house b***h. Gosh I had a lot to catch up on. Wanted to wash my monte but it been rainin here most of the day.

Anyway hope everyone has a good weekend! (what's left of it)

Old 05-17-2009, 08:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Gerry, SORRY to hear about your Dad passing. I know all too well how hard it is to lose family. I FEEL your heartache. I'm TRULY sorry!

Michael, GOOD LUCK on your final exams!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

sorry to hear about your dad, chevygirl.

as for me, my dad and i went to a swapmeet today, i got a restored factory style radio for my buick, as well as a new aircleaner decal, and some litiriture on the buick. my dad got a box of 8 baby-moon hubcaps for $10, all nice, and a mint service manuel for his 57 chevy for $15, ( the pages are not even yellow). then we stopped at my uncles house, hes getting ready to move and gave my dad a pumpkin for a ford 9in with 3:70 gears! and he gave me a box of car care goodies for my monte! it was a great day

Old 05-18-2009, 02:45 AM

Peaceful morning my fellow MCFers.

My deepest condolences Chevygirl.

It's about half past midnight here in beautiful, balmy Reno, NV and I just hopped out of the shower and am getting ready to hit the hay. It was almost 100 degrees here today...what a change considering not even a month ago it was snowing.

Not a very eventful weekend, but a fun one none the less. My favorite 9 year old and I caught X-Men Origins: Wolverine AND Monsters vs. Aliens 3D this weekend. He enjoyed both, but I thought Monsters vs. Aliens was kind of stupid . The mind of a 9 year old huh?

Unfortunately the Monte is not in my possession at this time, my mother was in an accident last week and her vehicle was totaled so I'm letting her borrow the Monte until she picks up her new ride. Not to worry though, she takes good care of it and saves a special place in her garage just for Monte.

New sig pic and more pics for the photo gallery coming soon!

A good day to all.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:38 AM
rj
15 Year Member

What I did onver the weekend.

Fri - got off work. Stopped by my parents, immediately got shanghi-ed by my dad. "You want to work an hour for me?" (which we all know equals more than one hour)
Cut the neighbor's shrubs back from the (I mean our) barn. Helped load the trimmings after I climbed the ladder and cut 4 - 5 tree branches along the back side of the property. Road to the transfer station and helped unload the trimmings. Got a free lunch and $10 cash for helping. (I don't like taking the cash)

Sat - It started out rather BLAH. By the afternoon is clouds had disappeared some. But evening it was sunny as h--l out. In the afternoon we headed to Huber Heights, OH to run around some. Got the '03 Pace car dirty from all the water still on the roads. So now it needs a cleaning.
I did manage to find something I was looking for.
Took Debbie out to supper. (okay I cheated. I used the gift card my supervisor gave me at Christmas to pay from supper)
Got back home. Worked outside a little before the sun went down.

Sun - went to Church. Only before I left I get in my '94 Dodge Shadow ES to go to Church and the #$%^&* thing won't start. I drove one of my '57s to Chruch instead. So I wouldn't be late. Got home ate lunch, went out and tried to get my car to start. Even swapped the battery. No good. I borrowed my dad's truck for the day. So I could get to work.

Today I get home from work. Snack the starter on my Dodge Shadow with a hammer and the #$%^& car started right up.

I plan on changing the starter since it has a life-time replacement on it. Cause I may get out someplace and have the thing bind up on me again. With no hammer to smack it with. Or the last time I smacked it with a hammer was the last time this would work on it. So I'll just replace it.

Quick Reply: MCF Weekend Blog: Sat/Sun May 16-17 - Member's->Click&Post