Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Wednesday: 6/3/09 All Member's Post/Blog

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 02:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would do the install anyway, and then get a nice coating on your OEM ones and store them safely away.

Like we mentioned with the D/S they are prone to breaking, so what if you break a rotor? At least you'll have the stockers to put back on while you order new

Old 06-03-2009, 02:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good point...I plan on installing them, they look well made, so we will see. I'll let you all know how they hold up. The D/S on my Cavalier held up great, and solved my rotor warpping problem, which is why I bought the D/S for my Monte...front rotors are warpped...maybe I just drive it to hard, IDK, but honestly, I do 90% highway driving, and I can count on one hand and have fingers left over the number of times I have really gotten on the brakes...So who knows, like I said though, I'll keep everyone posted on the performance/ longevity I experience with the new rotors once I put them on...

Old 06-03-2009, 02:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The OEM ones suck. They are prone to warping just because of how they are made. If you drive around in the rain and the cold... they just warp up.

I hope your D/S last a long time.

Any plans on painting calipers while you do the install?

Old 06-03-2009, 02:21 PM

Space, I got to say your a great person! All the help you give to people is amazing, and one oo these days all the good you do for everyone else will be returned to you!

Hi Michael, I have to give all the credit to my g/father & his
senior citizen friends that raised/taught me by not just
their words, but their act's. I think we all are the sum total
of our teachings/enviroment/examples in life.
Below is one of my g/fathers many sayings
(He has many : )
Thanks 4 your kind words, but I'm sure no angel,
just a kid taking `up some space on Planet earth.
I rather do good, then bad,
do right over wrong,
but still party & Enjoy my days/life 4 Sure.

"Success has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself. It’s what you do for others."

It works 4 me, & I hope that my life can influence others
to help others...4 Sure.
Only `Love will change our World...`amen

Old 06-03-2009, 03:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I have fleas.

No, not really

But i did just order me some LEDs from Oznuim. I ordered a pair of these.

http://www.oznium.com/led-modules

and one of these.

http://www.oznium.com/rigid-5mm-led-dome

And i just received a confirmation email that they have been shipped. Very Kewl.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

good afternoon, everyone.

i just got in from tech, i was gonna remove the carb on my new tractor & clean it, but its raining but the monte looks real good, haha.

space, love the 1st gen monte you found, it looks like its brand new!

Old 06-03-2009, 03:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

For sure man...The OEM rotors suck big time...mine warped at 3,000 miles, dealer turned them and installed new pads...at 19K (only 16k on turned rotors and new pads) the rotors were warped again...after raising some hell at the Chevy dealer with the service manager, they installed brand new rotors and pads again at 19K NO CHARGE TO ME...the around 45-50K I noticed they were warped again...so I finally gave up. Now I have 72K on my car (just flipped over on the way to work) and i've been driving with the warped rotors since 50K, and i plan on driving with them until the pads are toasted...LOL. Its really not that annoying becasue I can only tell they are warped when breaking on a down hill, or hard braking...But yea, I agree completly OEM rotors suck! My mom's 2000 Bonneville has the same problem with stock rotors...

So thats why I am trying the D/S, and I hope they last too! To be honest, I have 53K on my current rotors and pads, I can't imagine they will last that much longer....If I get 40-45K out of a set of pads with the D/S rotors, but the rotors don't warp (or crack and break) I will be thrilled....At least I won't have to deal with warped rotors anymore ya know...and pads are pretty cheap.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:09 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Hi everyone!
Hey JJ, you should really invest in a good car cover. The Evolution 4 actually ranks higher than the Noah for dent protection. It's still a great all weather and breathable cover. I had that kind of car cover when I had my 05 Mustang and again with my 06 Mini Cooper S. Whenever I get a better job that pays more that is 2nd on my list for the 05 Monte (1st is U-Bend delete). I have an old Noah Wolf cover that I got when I bought my 03, but it's pretty beat up and needs to be replaced. The fit isn't too good either because they didn't take into concideration the high spoiler and ground effects. But, it still makes a good dust cover for which ever Monte is in the garage when my Fiance is buffing out a car.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I'd love to have a car cover. Only thing is that i might get stolen. Even though we are secluded, its still a little crazy here when people visit friends and family here. So i guess i will just keep an ear out for the weather man and wheni hear hail, i'll run to the car wash for cover. Either that or the bank drive thru.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:30 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Even if it's locked down someone would still steal a car cover where you live?

Quick Reply: MCF Wednesday: 6/3/09 All Member's Post/Blog