Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

-MCF ToDay- MEMBER's Blog: TUESDAY, September 1, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 07:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yea...who needs sleep anyway...its over rated when you have cool places to be like the MCF...haha. Sorry guys, I love this place in all, but I still need sleep! I wish I could get away with a few power naps here and there like you Space.....

I try and keep the Monte clean...sometimes it gets more dirty than i'd like, but thats what happens when you put 80-150 miles a day on your car. Good news though, I ordered a STB bar last night for the Monte...and I plan ordering the new mats for it this week (3rd freakin pair)...I hope this pair is what I am looking for, and last...But I really did my research on these things before I click that buy button. I also ordered samples, so I could compair colors, and materials...So that should be nice once I get them! Of course i'll share some pics for all of you!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:02 AM

Hi `Justin,
Wish you another safe trip with good driving weather.
Check your tires/pressure/coolant etc.
Oh, Buckle `up 2 : )
Hope things go good @ work 2day.
EnJoy your Now
Peace/Out

Old 09-01-2009, 08:15 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow Mike. A little bit of a spending spree, huh? I'm hearing the STB is definitely money well spent. Good luck on the floor mats. Hopefully the third time is the charm.

Good Morning Space dude, and everyone!

The end of another work day for me. Or should I say, "work night". Turned a little cool here in the Detroit area. Gotta wear a jacket at night now.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace

When will you get your power street tune complete ?
How's your Monte performing since install.
Unfortunately I still have some 87 octane in my car, so I need to drive that out and get the 93 in before we can do the tune properly. This way I can get all the timing set up more aggressively. Unfortunately I get such good gas mileage!!! haha

So far though with the added pressures, and shift changes, and not having to see my stupid CEL on I'm thoroughly enjoying the ride since the installs. It idles A LOT better now (around 700, instead of jumping constantly from 600-1k) and it seems a tiny bit throatier. Harder shifts also feel a lot nicer

Old 09-01-2009, 08:27 AM

Good Morning `Lou,
That's cold 4 this early in the season
Weather for Windsor, ON, Canada
54°F | °C
Current: Partly Cloudy
Wind: N at 0 mph
Humidity: 100%

We could use some cool weather here. Send it 2 `us.
The MOTM was a super race, and I was look'in 4ward
to getting back from work this early AM to see the results.
Oh, they sent me a new laptop + refund of shipping cost.
Now I have to again reload everything, but happy
I got my laptop back 4-Sure.
Hope that you get some rest & get back 2 your MCF Family : )
I'm still concerned/worried about Mod J.J.
I sure hope we hear something .....soon...
Peace/Happiness 2 `all

Old 09-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Great to hear you got a new laptop out of it. As for JJ, I really hope he and his family are okay!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:45 AM

Good morning all and congrats to our very deserving winners. Justin safe travels.

I am off to work. I will check in later.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Crap, I got to do back to back confrence calls today, so from 9-11 I will be stuck on the phone...BLAH! LOL! The joys of Tuesdays!

Lou, yea, I spent a few bucks, but honeslty the STB bar was only like 82 bucks after shipping from ZZP, which I thought was pretty cheap....The mats, God knows what those are going to cost me...The first set was $150, turned out to be the wrong color, so I gave them to my aunt that has a white 06 LS, and bought thesame ones again in the correct color...So I think you can all see why I am being so picky about the damn mats this time. I want exactly what I want, because I dont want to buy ew mats for a few years this time...These ones lasted 8 months and they are crap.

Its sad, I feel guilty spending $200 bucks on cloths and shoes for myself, but when it comes to my car, I spend that kind of money multiple times over all the time just so its always PERFECT. What can I say...

Old 09-01-2009, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Teacher
Good morning all and congrats to our very deserving winners. Justin safe travels.
Originally Posted by Teacher

I am off to work. I will check in later.

Hi `Todd, you are a great sport & teacher, plus a super MCF

Family Member... I think you already are a Winner 4-Sure.
Thanks for all your super contributions to our Family.

BlkSheep `Mike,

Thanks for your post update...Look forward to your progress
on your Monte & Life...
___________________________________________-

Informative Post Below for your viewing pleasure

Coldest, Driest, Calmest Place on Earth Found

click on above pic 2 C Vid : )

Play Video ABC News – Climate Change's Impact on Your Region

livescience.com – Mon Aug 31, 4:51 pm ET

The search for the best observatory site in the world has lead to the discovery of what is thought to be the coldest, driest, calmest place on Earth - a place where no human is thought to have ever set foot.

To search for the perfect site to take pictures of the heavens, a U.S.-Australian research team combined data from satellites, ground stations and climate models in a study to assess the many factors that affect astronomy - cloud cover, temperature, sky-brightness, water vapor, wind speeds and atmospheric turbulence.

The researchers pinpointed a site, known simply as Ridge A, that is 13,297 feet (4,053 meters) high up on the Antarctic Plateau on the continent at the bottom of the world.

The study revealed that Ridge A has an average winter temperature of minus 94 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 70 degrees Celsius) and an extremely low amount of water in the air.

The site is also extremely calm, which means that there is very little of the atmospheric turbulence that elsewhere makes stars appear to twinkle.

"It's so calm that there's almost no wind or weather there at all," said study leader Will Saunders, of the Anglo-Australian Observatory in Australia.

All these elements combine to make the perfect recipe for an astronomical observation post: "The astronomical images taken at Ridge A should be at least three times sharper than at the best sites currently used by astronomers," Saunders said. "Because the sky there is so much darker and drier, it means that a modestly-sized telescope there would be as powerful as the largest telescopes anywhere else on earth."

The site would even be superior to the best existing observatories on high mountain tops in Hawaii and Chile, Saunders said. Researchers assert that a telescope at the site could take images nearly as good as those from the space-based Hubble telescope.

Located within the Australian Antarctic Territory, the site is 89 miles (144 km) from an international robotic observatory and the proposed new Chinese 'Kunlun' base at Dome A, a higher point on the Antarctic Plateau.

The finding was detailed on Aug. 31 in the Publications of the Astronomical Society.

LiveScience.com chronicles the daily advances and innovations made in science and technology. We take on the misconceptions that often pop up around scientific discoveries and deliver short, provocative explanations with a certain wit and style. Check out our science videos, Trivia & Quizzes and Top 10s. Join our community to debate hot-button issues like stem cells, climate change and evolution. You can also sign up for free newsletters, register for RSS feeds and get cool gadgets at the LiveScience Store.

Last edited by Space; 09-01-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Space, you mention updates on life, and I realized I never put up a few shots from Virginia!! How dare I!!!

White Water Rapids ride.

We got a little wet.....

Here's us by a tree. It was in the Ireland section of Busch Gardens. We were waiting for the Emerald Beat (riverdance) show to start!

Here's your classic cheesy shot of us before we went out to dinner Saturday night. Since the rain put a damper on our day at Busch Gardens and we had to go back Sunday night unlike we planned, I decided to make my g/f feel better by taking her out to a nice dinner.

If you look at the front row all the way to the right (left to the people on the ride) You'll see good ol' me, chillin in the seat ready to take on Busch Garden's newest coaster the Griffon! It has 2 90° free-fall drops that are amazing, and sitting in the front row was even better.

And here's a shot of one of the drops.

It was a great weekend, I wish I could have taken more pictures, but it's a pain carrying a camera all the time honestly.

Quick Reply: -MCF ToDay- MEMBER's Blog: TUESDAY, September 1, 2009