Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Saturday: 05-30-09 Member's Blog/Posts

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 12:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Hope you all have a great day...

Space, you should be super excited your working on that last day of double shifts! Whoot Whoot! I am excited for you that you get to be looking into a new Monte!
What year are you looking at?

Old 05-30-2009, 01:03 PM

...Hi Michael, Yes I'm really excited, but today work has been in conflict with me play'in with my new `puter : ) I only have about six more hours to go today, and only 2 more trucks 2 unload
I wish I was at the Beach 2day, but I'm just doing what I got 2 do.

I'm looking 4 a 4th Gen Monte, and I have several on my list. Three of them already have been replaced with a 5.7 "350" cubes : )
I also have a 06 SS that only has 2 K miles & it's all Black & is in a garage.
Owner is sick, : ( & he knows I'm interesting `if the price is real...

It also depends on how my $'s go in look'in 4 a home. So, I am formulating my future
plans 2 look for both. It's scary 4 Sure.
Will also have 2 get furniture & all that stuff that U need for a home. Now, Most of my worldly possessions would fit in2 a garbage bag
4-Sure ..I wanta go back 2 being a teen : ) I now am old enough 2 drink, but I don't...well sometimes : ), but I catch a buzz on one beer : ), so I guess I won't be spending my $'s on booze...

Michael, hope U R hav'in a great weekend, even though you
CAI did not arrive
ENjoy your Now...If you watch racing the NationwideNASCAR
race is starting now on ABC est.
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 05-30-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

good afternoon, everyone.
space, im glad to hear that you dont have to do the double shift anymore, now youll actully have time to buy/ work on a monte!
you got a sweet deal on the laptop, too, for what you paied & the features you got its a sweet deal! having the usb mouse is a good investment, though, you can do stuff twice as fast, & they are cheep. alot of bargin stores are even starting carry them.

not a whole lot goin on up here, i took the monte out to tech yesterday 4 the class / school Bar-B-Q, & then over to my friends house whos moving, so me, him & his girlfriend took the monte over to his new house his family is renting, its a butifull feild-stone house, looks to be built in the
20s, that sits on a hill back from the road. in the gradge is a 69 mustang mach 1 that has been parked since the late
70s! its the landlords sons car, son cannot work on it b/c of health issues, but does not want to sell.
it was a great day, to say the least

Old 05-30-2009, 01:23 PM

..Hi Ryan, are U finished with school ? I'd keep taps on that Mustang, if it's in good shape ?

I love old homes, & I really like the one that Brock has out in the country : )~> EnZo

If I couldn't live on the Beach, I would luv 2 live in the country.
I do plan on checking in2 a mouse, cause this lap top one is driving me crazy..., ok more crazy then I already `am

Yes, I am super `happy that 2day is my last day of double shift's : )
2morrow, I have 8 or 12 hours depending on trucks ? If they get in early, I will get `off @ 4 PM & be able to catch the end of the Race : ), & then I don't have 2 be back until Monday night : ) It's gona be like being on a vacation...

Catch U later, thanks 4 your words...Super Day/Weekend 2 U & Reader.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Space, Glad to see you got yourself a new 'puter! Now I can post some pics for ya. I've been holding back knowing you've been on dialup! (LOL). We've got a Toshiba Satellite laptop, and a USB mouse is a MUST have! Hope you come up with a nice 4th gen for a new ride. The '06 sounds nice, but I'm wanting a 4th gen myself. What I REALLY want is something with a big block, but I just might drop one in the Olds instead. LadyT keeps talking about "tubbing" the old girl. She seen these wheels last week at the Billet Specialties display:

Whatdo ya think, would they look OK on the Olds?

Old 05-30-2009, 03:08 PM

Hi `Wayne,
Thanks, your Olds looks awesome, I've never seen that pic b-4
Didn't Olds have a Big Block 455 cu inch ?
I like it the way it is, it looks awesome stock, and I bet
she runs out good. What year is it ?

My choice of Monte's will be determined on many factor's,
the major one is to get a home with a garage. I don't
want a top priced one `if I don't have a garage to park it.
The salt air would kill `it : (
Oh, & the other major factor is $'s : ( The later model's have
higher insurance, and I just got `off my high risk insurance
when I turned 21, but the cost is still high.
Other factor are `if I get a 4th Gen, the one's I'm look'in
at have many of the mod's I want, and that way I don't have
to get all the tools I would need to do mod's myself.
Tools are Expensive, even @ yard sales.
I'm going 2 take my time and check everyone that I can out,
but I fall in love E.Z. when it comes 2 cars.
(Sorry I'm motor typ'in & Practicing on my new keyboard, & it's
way different then my Dead Desk Top : )
Four more hours 2 go @ `work One more truck : )

Happy 2 `be free & look'in 4ward 2 my 2morrow's,
but making the most of each day given....4-Sure.
Work'in towards my `dreams

`Wayne, I would luv 2 have your stable of cars,
and yes, they are all American made : )
Thanks 4 for words as always, & your conerns,'
They are appreciated....4-Sure
Peace/Out

Old 05-30-2009, 04:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

That picsture was taken last year when I picked up Keegan's Intimidator SS from ZZperformance after his timing chain incedent. The car behind the Olds is actually Keegan's. Mine is on the other side of Lucy. Notice his "Intimidator" badges are still silver, and I have the T.S. grille insert and a red bow-tie, he doesn't.

Yah, she's a BEUT'! She's a '82 Olds 98 Regency 2 door coupe (rare). She has a 5.0L, and no they didn't have the 455 in 82, but they did have the 5.7L. She was purchased new in '82 by LadyT's Aunt Jeanette, at the age of 76. When she passed a few years back, LadyT inhereted her. She's a garage queen, with 68,000 miles on her, and in near perfect shape. Her name? With a kid sister named Lucy, meet Ethyl, queen of our garage.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

wayne, your olds looks like the car i had before my monte, only i had an 84 custom crusier wagon. arrow straight, just like yours, with the same wire wheel covers, but mine needed paint. i did yardwork for an older lady & she gave me the car, it had the 305 with the stupied electronic carb, but i replaced the carb with an earlyer manual unit, & it ran like a top after that. i replaced the frontend with one from an 80s cutless-442, along with the 442 wheels, & bucket seats & console & gauges. i was gonna do a floorshift setup. i took the luggage rack off & filled the holes, but left the chrome strips, caus they looked cool. i was gonna paint it black, & see if i could do a red interior
but i started having mechanical issues with the car, so i sold it & bought the monte. i think it was scrapped i dont even have a picture but i do have the monte

Old 05-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space with a new computer and high speed internet connection? Now we're in trouble!

congrats on the new hook up space! Like the others said, a mouse is a must! And not expensive either.

An 06 Monte with only 2k miles on it? Wow! That would be great for ya. But a nice 4th gen is one of your dream cars.

In other news...

The Winners Gallery is now fully converted. All the pics are now linked from a photobucket page. So everyone should be able to view them without a problem.

People who were already able to see the pics should notice the pics are now better quality. This is because the forum automatically reduces the resolution (picture quality) of any pics uploaded to the forum's server.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Well I had a busy day, even without my CAI! LOL

I spent all day doing demo on an old shed in our back yard, and taking trips to the dumps....I'm fricken tired!

Space, I am not near as close to the whole buying a house thing, but I kinda know what your talking about...I look at them online all the time, and think about graduating, and what i'm going to do after, and yea your right, its scary to think about!

But buying a Monte is not scary at all....it more like a dream come true! LOL!
Personally, even though I do like the 4th gen, I am more of a newer car person...Don't get me wrong though, I like older ones too...But when you can only have one car to fit all your needs, the newer ones make more sense to me...they are USUALLY more reliable, better of gas, and require less attention...Not to mention I have a thing for the 06-07 Monte's ...
I would love to have the 06 SS...you get the power of a V8 with reasonable MPG's...

However...all that said, those 4th gens with the 5.7L would be awesome cars i'm sure...My 89 Silverado has the 5.7L and 230,000 ish miles on it...still runs great, and gets 15-16 MPG's, which is awesome for an old truck.

Good Night everyone...