Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF:: Friday 05/29/09 Members: Blog/Posts

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow MCF:: Friday 05/29/09 Members: Blog/Posts

design concept by Member's GothKid & Moderator J.J
MCF ToDay
Friday, May 29, 2009

Monte Carlo Friends

From all around our World

What are you doing Today
* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids,
best foods, vacation spot, clean jokes, pictures
of your boat, bike, other cars, truck's etc.

* Make a post & become part of our
Monte Carlo Family.

Please don't hurt with your words/post `Thank You!
We are a Stress `Free Zone

the
- MCF Staff & Member's -

Last edited by Space; 05-30-2009 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Still Sleep'in @ 4:20 AM : ) WoW
Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 AM

Good Morning/Good Day to you reading my words this date.
I wish you a safe/happy/good day on your Stage of `life,
and on your highways of `life.
EnJoy your `Journey

Deep Thoughts from `Space
All The World's A Stage

All the world's a stage,

And all the men and women merely Players/Actors;

They have their Exits and their Entrances,

And one person in their time plays many parts.
-- Shakespeare--

We tend to take life seriously --all the problems, challenges, crises --all of these seem to be like life and death situations, and in some cases they are. Yet as Shakespeare told us years ago, all the world is a stage, and we are all players or actors upon this earth.

I agree with Shakespeare that we are all acting in a huge play, yet this play has no script. It is strictly an improvisation. Just like our Monte Carlo Family. We make up the lines as we go, or posts for others to read. We also can make up our character as we go (like: KidSpace: ). Some days we play the villain, others the lover. Some days we play a character consumed by anger and fear, other days we are kind and considerate. Some days we play the stressed-out family member, other days the casual relaxed neighbor.

Perhaps if we saw our daily actions and interactions as simply participating in improv theater, we might become less mired in actions, reactions, habits and attitudes. After all, in improvisational theater, while there is a main theme to the play (as there is in the play called "Life on Earth"), all actors are free to make up their role as they go along. Each response from another actor can send the whole play careening in a new direction, with all the other actors making up their responses as they go along. Just like the MCF : )

And isn't that how life is? We may be going along peacefully, and then someone "throws us a curve" (an insulting, angered or biting comment), and then we're off in another direction. We no longer are playing "peaceful and content", but suddenly we are playing the role of the victim, the one who is wounded, hurt, angry and resentful, etc. Yet, if we see this whole life as a improvisational play, then we can also see that we have a choice in our response. Even though someone insults us or barrages us with anger, we still can respond in whatever way we choose.

And there is the key. Choosing. When we're in a play, we don't usually get "caught up" in believing we are the character. We are always somewhat conscious of the actor being separate from the role being played. That leaves some distance between the cause and effect, so to speak. But in "real life", we have identified with our role, thus making it harder to keep a distance from the emotional reactions.
We get caught up in the melodrama of our lives, and forget that the "world's a stage". We do the same thing when we go to movies --we get caught up in the scenario, holding our breath in the tense moments, crying in the sad scenes, feeling anger at the villain, and generally "believing" the story while we are watching it. However, in cases where the movie is not produced as well, we tend to remain disassociated with the movie --never losing sight that it's a movie, and we see the cracks in the plot, never really getting caught up in it.

Well, if anything, our life definitely has cracks in the plot, yet we are fully caught up in believing it.So what role are we playing? Is our role fixed? Can we switch character traits along the way?

One thing that we've been told through the ages is that we have free will. We have the power to make our own choices 4-Sure.

And, if the world's a stage, then we have free will in choosing our roles and how to play them. No one is forcing us to play the bully, the "poor-me" victim, the downtrodden, etc. These are roles we've adopted. True, our environment and our upbringing may have encouraged us to take certain roles, but we always have the choice of saying no. We always have a choice of saying to the director of the play (that's us-You), hey, I've had it with this role. I don't want to play this part anymore. I'm going to play the part of the hero, not the victim. I'm going to play the part of the person who's in charge of their life. I don't like this role I've been playing. I'm rewriting the script and changing roles. I want to play a Human Being : )
I'm going to choose Good over Bad, Right over Wrong, I am
not going to purposely `hurt myself or others...4-Sure.
That is my role in `life...What's yours ?

Changing roles is something we do constantly, though often without really noticing. With our children we are the parent: sometimes strict, mostly responsible, and to be relied upon. With co-workers, we may be a procrastinator, a slouch, or the over-eager beaver. With friends, we may be the clown. With strangers, we may be the extrovert, or the introvert. Any time we meet someone new, we choose what role we play. Oftentimes that choice is based on the other person's behavior --if they act like a bully, we may stand up and speak out, or we may decide to step back. With someone who is shy and afraid, we may become somewhat of a bigger sister or brother, or we may become shy as well.

Each situation, each encounter, each moment presents us with a choice. Which role will we play? Teacher, student, rebel, counselor, bully, introvert, rage-aholic, alcoholic, greedy, generous, peaceful, angry, etc. Changing roles can be easier than changing our clothing, since all it takes is a change of perception, of attitude. It does however, need a willingness to be aware of the roles we play as we go along.

Remember the whole world's a stage --which role will you play? You can't stand in the sidelines and watch, because that too is a role. You're playing the uninvolved. Yet, if we want to make a difference in our immediate world or on the Monte Carlo Family Forum, and on the planet on which we live, we have a responsibility to choose our roles carefully and with consciousness.

Let's make this play "Life on Earth" a joyous, light-hearted romance with Life and all its MCF members. There may be a lot of muck to wade through and deal with at first as the other characters adjust to the new script, but, let's improvise --we can do it. One word, one thought, one action at a time.
"Only Love, will change our World"
~> Go Love `Life, you only get One <~
So, what's your part?

EnJoy your `Journey in `Life, and it's so much better
when you are driving a Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Now that was deep 4 such a early hour of the A.M.
Presently, I'm playing the role of a worker,
and I'm getting paid for my acts...

Catch you later on the MCF Stage of Life

Last edited by Space; 05-29-2009 at 04:54 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:37 AM
Thumbs up Please `Vote ~ Thank You : )

June 2009 Monte of the Monte
If you have not voted
Click below link to

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13919

Old 05-29-2009, 06:10 AM

Well space for me im still at work hard at work.... woops got that backwards harley working and bored out my mind.... gezzz working over night is so boring..... well today mainly what is going to happen to me all day is getting lots of ZZZzzzZZzz'zzzZZ mainley because ima end up pulling a 16 hr shift and well for me that is not a common thing done especially working graveyard and then morning shift.... so that would be 11PM-7AM then 7AM-3PM.... thats gonna suck big time but o0o0 well what can i do bout it bosses sign the checks!! aight well lets see what everyone else has to say bout wut they are doing today

Old 05-29-2009, 06:37 AM

...Hi `Ozzy, WoW can I relate to double shifts I've been work'in double shifts everyday this year, but only have one more day of double shifts, and only 12 hrs on Sunday. On Monday I go on night shift & only 8 hours a day : ) New owners take over my grandfathers business : ) Maybe I can go fish'in/Surf'in/Play etc. Oh, and sleep more then 4 hrs a day : )

The money is great, but I'm just do'in what I got 2 `do, but sure look forward to some time `off to get caught `up on life.
Did U get your Monte Fixed ? Sure Hope so....
Wish U a fast time to `off time, and a Super WeekEnd 4-Sure.
It's great that we can escape a little 2 the MCF, it sure helps on double shifts 4-Sure...EnJoy

Old 05-29-2009, 07:07 AM

yeah i got it all fixed and feeling much better...... running better than ever but gonna start to save up for that top swap want that supercharged power under my hood.... well glad those double shift for u will be done for, well at least for a long while right haha..... and u got a of cash outta it right?

Old 05-29-2009, 07:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

hey, everyone. i havent had much of a chance to get on the mcf lately, been workin my butt off tryin to finish some make-up work for school, and i had to go to a funeral yesterday 4 my friends grandfather, ive known him since kindergarten, and im BEAT!
i feel like ive been workin a double shift, only not gettin paied, lol.
space & ozzy, more power to ya both if you can pull off those kinds of hours!

back to work i go, lol

Old 05-29-2009, 07:19 AM

Hi `Ryan, you & your posts have been missed by our Monte Carlo Family. Hope U get caught `up & can enjoy your summer in a super location on Planet `Earth 4-Sure..

Ozzy, great 2 read that you got your Monte fixed....Sav'in ain't E.Z. 4 Sure, especially with the prices constantly increas'in : (
Wish U & readers a Happy Day/Weeked/Life

Last edited by Space; 05-29-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Morning Everyone.

ITS FRIDAY! WOOHOOO!!

I think this week has been dragging like crazy. I cant wait to get my car back today from the shop. I MISS MY CAR!!

So who's got what planned for the weekend?

Old 05-29-2009, 07:35 AM

So who's got what planned for the weekend?

Mod J.J., we are all coming to your house to party
Hope you post some pic's of your Monte, and that they did
a super `job 4 Sure.
P.s. You made some super `sig's 4 member's 4 Sure.
They are AweSome....U have the talent Thanks

Quick Reply: MCF:: Friday 05/29/09 Members: Blog/Posts