Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Monday: June 1, 2009 Member's Blog : )

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 03:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Hope you are all having a good day.

I got up early this morning and took the Monte into the dealer...I had a custom RS decal kit on order through the dealer that came in on Friday, so I dropped it off at service so they could install it. I have never seen it before, but apparently it is a dealer installed option in the V6 Monte Carlos....So I am having it installed. The decals look identical to the ones on the 06-07 SS Monte, except they say RS. They will be in the same location as the SS decals are on the SS version (Lower right side of trunk lid, and bottom right of both doors...Then there will be an RS decal on the dash by the two middle vents..I'm excited to pick it up. It should look sweet!

Other than that, just another day at work...i've been busy all morning with client calls and getting workers comp certificates for a few clients...

Glad to see your back and safe Mike.

Space, I bet you don't know what to do with yourself not working....LOL

Old 06-01-2009, 04:37 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Good afternoon everyone! I got off of work at 2:30pm and ran some errands on the way home. There was a rep from Minuteman Press at the shop to train me on the software they use to log in jobs and invoice things. He drives a Monte too Heeheehee. It's a Sliver 06 LT. Just chillin now and hoping that we don't get severe storms here.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:49 PM

..`Michael -MaMonte- Pictures/Pictures/Pictures of the RS on your `Monte...I've never seen one. Don't worry I have a Honey Dew List, and try'in 2 catch `up on about 6 months without a break.
The clock is fly'in 4 Sure....Look 4ward to seeing your Monte..Hope it comes out Great : )

..Hi `Amy,:p...I hope U told him about the MCF : ) ..Hope things are going good on your new `job, and that you make some good future contacts...Oh, I noticed your weather on previous weather map....Hope it misses U....

Good 2 run...Wish everyOne a Happy `Eve....Oh....EnJoy your Now.............NOW..

Old 06-01-2009, 06:09 PM

10 Year Member

Well, just got my baby back from the Chevy dealer...And I think it looks awesome...the white RS lettering looks good on the laser blue....I will get pictures of it up as soon as I get the CAI installed so that I can post pics of both

Old 06-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

[QUOTE=KidSpace;134372Where's Jamie Lynn > ?[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
Thats a good question. I haven't seen her here in a few days. I wonder if she's ok?
here i am! we left thursday morning (ended up driving instead of flying, got to roll in style in the boss's escalade...although we towed the 1-car trailer with the #20 car on it, so it was kinda funny...my boss took it through the drive through at the bank somewhere in delaware, it was hilarious). we had a good weekend, all things considered. on friday morning one guy wrecked our #1 car completely, i mean beat the bloody hell out of it to the point where the transmission was in the passenger's side floor. completely destroyed. he was fine, just got knocked off his high horse a bit. he drives a corvette and apparently thought he was smart enough to not pay attention well enough in class. he was with another guy, who also wrecked - right into his friend! guy #1 was already crashed so the starter threw the caution flag (the instructor also calls caution over the in-car radios so the students know to slow down) and the caution lights come on around the track. guy #2 paid no attention to the caution, and as he came around turn 2 he saw his friend's car wrecked up against the wall. well one of the things they stress in class is that wherever you look, the racecar will go. well since he was focused on his buddy's wrecked car, he went right into the back of him. that car was ok (the guy was fine too), not a LOT of damage, we got the car back out on the track about an hour later. that was the first time we've ever had 2 cars wreck into each other in the 10 year history of our school. hopefully it never happens again. saturday at the end of the day another guy wrecked the #20 car coming out of turn 2, he was another one who paid no attention on the radio when the instructor told him he was done, and blew right through the checkered flag. he was going waayyyyyyy too fast through the first turn and tried to correct it and slammed the outside wall in turn 2. and kept going!! my boss was PISSED. the guy was fine, the car is pretty scraped up but still useable. we'll probably have it re-painted whenever we have enough time.

we left the track saturday around 6:30 and got home around 3 a.m. on sunday, so i slept till the race came on and got up around 1. watched the race yesterday (YAY TONY IN 1ST PLACE IN POINTS!!!!!) and just kinda did nothing the rest of the day. those 12-14-hour days at the track are insane and take their toll on me. they're a lot of fun though, i love our richmond helpers. this weekend we have an event at our home track, so i'm going to miss the race at pocono .

now i am home from work, watching the yankees/indians game on espn and getting ready to throw some laundry in the washer and make some dinner. and, reading through the 6 pages of MCF posts that i've missed.

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
Good afternoon everyone! I got off of work at 2:30pm and ran some errands on the way home. There was a rep from Minuteman Press at the shop to train me on the software they use to log in jobs and invoice things. He drives a Monte too Heeheehee. It's a Sliver 06 LT. Just chillin now and hoping that we don't get severe storms here.
amy, how's the new job going??? at least you have the monte in common with the rep, that's pretty cool!!

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Well, just got my baby back from the Chevy dealer...And I think it looks awesome...the white RS lettering looks good on the laser blue....I will get pictures of it up as soon as I get the CAI installed so that I can post pics of both
very exciting!! can't wait to see!!!

SPACE - i'm so glad to hear you finally got a day off, and were able to spend time with your grandfather, and especially that he seems to be feeling better. that's such great news!! so are you officially on a high speed connection now??? watch out world!!

Ted - love the new signature! looks super cool!!

Old 06-01-2009, 07:32 PM

10 Year Member

Glad to see you made it back safely Jamie

Old 06-01-2009, 08:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

WHATS UP GIRL!! You were definitely missed around here.

Any idea if you your school will be coming down this way? Would love to see about taking a class.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:29 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Jamie, it's a job, I am still looking for something permanent with health insurance. Where it stands now the hours I work and the amount i get paid, I earn less than if I was just on unemployment alone. I'm still hoping I can get my paycheck and earn some unemployment. I got to pay off the exhaust and then do the U-Bend delete.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
WHATS UP GIRL!! You were definitely missed around here.

Any idea if you your school will be coming down this way? Would love to see about taking a class.
thanks jj!! hm. we really don't hit that part of the country, off the top of my head the closest track i can think of would be kentucky, it's right on the border of cinicinnati. we do chicago and phoenix, but i'm sure they are all a pretty crazy far drive for you. we were supposed to go to gateway which is in IL right next to st. louis, but no one signed up for it so we canceled it. only other place i could think of is pike's peak, which is in fountain CO, but we had an issue with a very small event one of our west coast guys ran there on saturday so my boss said he might not want to go back there unless they fix some issues. if you're interested in doing some traveling though, let me know, i'll get you in for a discount.

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
Jamie, it's a job, I am still looking for something permanent with health insurance. Where it stands now the hours I work and the amount i get paid, I earn less than if I was just on unemployment alone. I'm still hoping I can get my paycheck and earn some unemployment. I got to pay off the exhaust and then do the U-Bend delete.
good luck amy, it's tough out there but at least it's something for the time being. will you be able to collect unemployment while working? i know around here you can do that depending on what you make and the hours you work.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:39 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChevySSGirl
thanks jj!! hm. we really don't hit that part of the country, off the top of my head the closest tracki can think of would be kentucky, it's right on the border of cinicinnati.
So............... do I mention your name at the gate?

Quick Reply: MCF Monday: June 1, 2009 Member's Blog : )